Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Heroic Halls of Stone

the easiest heroic is violet hold, very easy...just pray you don't get the ethereal boss, he is one of the hardest heroic bosses...stay out of Azjol'Nerub untill you're properly geared, last boss is hard...other than that, just grind em all...start with Violet Hold, Drak'Tharon, Halls of Stone...hmmm, strat is easy too, even a mount inthere...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Get more DPS.
    I went in with a shadow priest, elemental shammy, and a rogue for DPS. They were each hitting a modest 2k dps, so the waves fell fast enough.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

As some are saying, the key to heroics are good dps. Taking too long to kill stuff stresses the healer, and creates room for mistakes.

Heroic AN is a prime example of easy with great dps, hard if dps sucks.

As a tank, what I hate is dps thinking they are fine with the stuff they got from 70 to 79. Run some freaking normal level 80 dungeons for a few more upgrades. Any time I do more dps in a heroic then a dps, then should not have been there.

Halls of Lightning end boss
    This.

I don't want to make this topis another "Lawl, L2P thread" but I want to add something about Loken.

He isn't so hard as people says. Ok - there is a big chance that u will wipe at least few times at your first run, and this is okay. But, for the god sake, You have your brain to draw conclusions. Casting AoE = move your freaking ass away from him and get back asap. That's all. Reapeat this process for a few times and you will realize that you just had melted his face with his gay beard so easily. The only thing, that can make this fight quite hard is pala healer (no AoE), but even there, if you know what to do and don't act lame it should go smooth. His normal hits are a joke.

PS. To be honest - I was killed by Loken's AoE two times, both on my first run. First = epic lame, Second = high latency + a moment of hesitate. Next runs went with no probs.

PS2. Personally I had more problems in Occulus. Yeah, I know, I have failed ;p The rest of the heroics = ez mode on.

The Brann event is actually MUCH harder than it was in Beta and can be very difficulty without effective aoe.

Loken is easier IMO because that fight is 100% following the strat.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

I find the event to be extremely easy if the tank isn't a complete morron.

Just aoe tank everything on the stairs, taunt anything that gets past and loot the chest.
    Almost forgot DON'T STAND IN THE FIRE.
    If the dps just aoe's when there are enough mobs, it's a joke really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus
    As some are saying, the key to heroics are good dps. Taking too long to kill stuff stresses the healer, and creates room for mistakes.

Heroic AN is a prime example of easy with great dps, hard if dps sucks.

As a tank, what I hate is dps thinking they are fine with the stuff they got from 70 to 79. Run some freaking normal level 80 dungeons for a few more upgrades. Any time I do more dps in a heroic then a dps, then should not have been there.
    you do know normal instances drop level 78 gear right? good tank and healer can make up for bad dps.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tumatauenga
    So I'm wondering, are there any other heroics that would maybe be easier than Halls of Stone? What heroics has everyone else run and how were they?
    I have a heroic farming group, and each day we start off with HC VH. Extremly easy instance. And it takes 20-30 minutes to clear. Heroic UK is also very easy, except the last boss. He is kinda hard, and has some nasty attacks (one-shotted our ret pally yesterday for 21k damage ). Utgarde Pinnacle is also easy. The last boss here is also pretty hard, but dps is the way.

Haven't done HC HoS yet though, but I'm pretty sure these three heroics are much easier than HoS.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by younoseeme
    you do know normal instances drop level 78 gear right? good tank and healer can make up for bad dps.
    What do you think I have been doing? Sitting on my hands? I carry bad dps almost every run.

Level 78 gear in normal dungeon are still a lot better than quest greens. Are you saying greens are just as good? Even if they have ilevel 187 or even 175 quest blues wouldn't be so bad.

I researched for the best possible piece of pre-heroic gear for every slot, and made sure I had it all before I entered heroics. Why can't dps do the same?

Outside of CoT: Strath, if I am doing more damage in a heroic as a tank than any of the dps people, than those dps are undergeared, or they just plain suck.