Thread: AE feral

AE feral

A while back i read from ghostcrawler (not quoting exactly as i cant find the post) but he said that they didnt want rogues to AE, they have strong single target dps, and that druids are in the same boat, well feral cat dps is in the same boat... or maybe he simply mentioned that he wants rogues to have some sort of AE, and that druids are in the same boat on that...
    which brings me to todays blue updates, ghostcrawler said that they may be looking into rogue AE abilities... why not let druids know there might be an AE ability for cats? am i wrong on all of this?

ghostcrawler:
    "We do want it to provide rogues with decent AE in situations where they need it"

Deleted

Re: AE feral

Why dont those cats go into bear and swipe? If there are enough targets to validate AOE (say, 5), ill crit enough to keep my rage up in most cases, and critting 500+ (currently) with swipe isn't excactly bad for a big fat bear.

you have bear form, rogues only have rogue form.
    berserk in bear form and start mangling.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    you have bear form, rogues only have rogue form.
    berserk in bear form and start mangling.
    ^^

basically nothing else you can say to beat that mangle spam for 15 seconds is about 20+k on each mob

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

well those arent the arguments i like reading... give up cat form just to swipe, whats your dps with just swipe? cant use bezerk, or ya gonna be the tank...
    the point of the post was that ghostcrawler said before that druids and rogues were dealing with the same issue... either it be they dont want us to AE in cat along with rogues, or they do want cats and rogues to have some sort of AE... he said before something along those lines, again im not quoting him, but if they give rogue's an AE cats should too...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Bear form has no natural aggro reduction for obvious reasons.
    And high damage, high threat.

I don't think we need AoE, obviously it would be good DPS but do you really want to be the exact copy of a Rogue ?

if they give cats an aoe then i guess they should give rogues an ability to shift into "ninja" and do uber aoe with some sort of berserking/mangle ability.

with your logic, anytime a rogue gets something a cat should get the same thing. anytime a resto shaman, priest, pally gets something a tree should get the same. anytime a warrior gets something so should a bear. and anytime a mage gets something so should a boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    ghostcrawler:
    "We do want it to provide rogues with decent AE in situations where they need it"
    Druids already have this: hurricane, bear form

Alrighty, im done on this thread

i tought rogues alredy have skill to hit multiple targets like the mangle can...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz
    Bear form has no natural aggro reduction for obvious reasons.
    And high damage, high threat.

I don't think we need AoE, obviously it would be good DPS but do you really want to be the exact copy of a Rogue ?
    YAR! cuz I like teh leet Rogue dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

You do have AoE.

Hurricane*

Or swipe

Or beserk mangle + maul

You also have AoE heals.

What exactly do you expect? Sorry - but in my humble opinion, if Cat single target DPS can scale to 5% or rogue's we got more than was deserved.

*Even with no spell power at about 5-6 targets it would probably out DPS kitty, and yes it would damn near oom you, but if you have enough to shift back to cat and go.... I do think Swipe/maul/magle etc would be more DPS but if you are worried about aggro....

15+ Year Old Account

Sure an AE for cat would be hand but as others have said in this thread thats what other forms are for.

While leveling to 80 there were times where i went as dps to instances (all as guild zerk runs pulling 2-3 packs) Hurricane and then swipe/maul spam were crazy effective. sure i ran high on agro even with vigilance from the warrior but the only real time i pulled solid agro off the tank was when i started berzerk + mangle spam and he cant take them right back with a no CD taunts thanks to vigilance.

OK an update... i was done with this thread, because of everyone saying "oh you have hurricane, swipe etc.." in cat NO YOU DONT... hurricane will suck if you sit in dps gear, so if you want to hurricane in a raid while your susposed to be cat, then go ahead and look ignorant, if you want to sit there and swipe in bear form and run the high risk of pulling mobs off the tank, the go ahead, that kinda throws out catform all together, why would you even need it in AoE instances?
    if you going to post here READ first, i was talking about CAT form, so no there IS NOT AE in cat form...

BTW its already been addressed:
    Ghostcrawler- And in case it gets asked, Feral druids we haven't forgotten about your AE either. We'll try and announce something soon

So go ahead and say i was QQing about AE in cat... but guess what, i was QQing for the right reason, something that will be addressed, i wasnt QQing about nonsense...

Thank you Ghostcrawler! im sure even a glyph would do just fine, kinda like the maul glyph... or even a swipe ability in cat...

15+ Year Old Account

OK an update... i was done with this thread, because of everyone saying "oh you have hurricane, swipe etc.." in cat NO YOU DONT... hurricane will suck if you sit in dps gear, so if you want to hurricane in a raid while your susposed to be cat, then go ahead and look ignorant, if you want to sit there and swipe in bear form and run the high risk of pulling mobs off the tank, the go ahead, that kinda throws out catform all together, why would you even need it in AoE instances?
    if you going to post here READ first, i was talking about CAT form, so no there IS NOT AE in cat form...

BTW its already been addressed:
    Ghostcrawler- And in case it gets asked, Feral druids we haven't forgotten about your AE either. We'll try and announce something soon

So go ahead and say i was QQing about AE in cat... but guess what, i was QQing for the right reason, something that will be addressed, i wasnt QQing about nonsense...

Thank you Ghostcrawler! im sure even a glyph would do just fine, kinda like the maul glyph... or even a swipe ability in cat...
    GC is probably talking about AE tanking imo.
    I really don't see why feral druids should be come AoErs in cat form. We don't need that. Maybe rogues do, since they are a pure-dps, but we do not. Ferals have enough utility already without the need to AE.

Besides, if you need an AE once in a while, use Hurricane. Sucky as it may be with cat gear on, is still 450dps on every target, plus the slow effect. Say you have 10 mobs to AE, it's 4,5k dps, say you have 5, it's 2,25k.

Mana wise it's terrible, but then sit in cat and pew pew your way to full regen. We have Imp LotP too.

But srsly, on the main topic: you may be right. I still think GC refers to bears, and still think that we don't need a cat AE.

Edited: typos and to add - I'd like better cat PvE glyphs before worrying about AE shizzle tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I take it you are the sort of player who will never leave Cat form because, i mean, you're going in an instance/raid in CAT form right....? The fact that you can root, cyclone, off heal, stun, tank even battle rez.... well, no cause then you would have to leave cat form.

Good feral DPS uses all abilities, all forms, all sources of DPS. The fact that your highest DPS on a big trash pull is hurricane should mean that that is what you use. Without crying. Hell, the best I know have weapon switch macros with + spell weapon/OH In case they are useful. You can also swipe without getting aggro assuming you practice 'Safe AoE'. Care is needed, but good tanks are good enough to handle it.

By the way, person above, Ghostcrawler IS giving cats AoE. Check front page ;-)

In my opinion, not needed, but heh. I don't have a problem with it. More buttons to find hotkeys for.

Well I for one would definatley like a cat aoe ability, run up against 3-4 mobs sure you can root 1 but then you still have 3 beating on you while you only pound on 1.
    Now your saying switch to bear, granted yes thats definatley viable and I love beserk mangle spam BUT you better hope your sweet little furry arse that you haven't oom'd yourself with heals,otherwise, turn and dash and hope....

Every single spec out there has aoe but cats...and yes cats is a spec now with the changes.

All 3 specs of warrior/dark knight/rogue
    All specs of shammy/mage/warlock/priest/huntards/pali's

Change claw to affect up to 3-4 targets...done, and it actually gets it back on our bars.

15+ Year Old Account

Change claw to affect up to 3-4 targets...done, and it actually gets it back on our bars.
    That sounds a nice idea. They could bind that to the Mangle talent (since it's what really takes out Claw) and do a smart move.

I still think we don't need it, but I admit it has a good feeling.
    Oh, and it was an opinion about GC. IF we're getting AE for kittens, well... omg one more key to bind QQ! ()
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    I take it you are the sort of player who will never leave Cat form because, i mean, you're going in an instance/raid in CAT form right....? The fact that you can root, cyclone, off heal, stun, tank even battle rez.... well, no cause then you would have to leave cat form.
    this is the only thing i wanted to quote, but i actually am never in catform, i dont dps, i tank... make fun of me if you want for talking about AE ability in catform when i dont even catform... well let me take that back, catform for questing... so yea a multitarget ability for multiple mobs would be good