Thread: Summon Gargoyle

Summon Gargoyle

So, any Death Knights out there used this talent and seen its effects yet? I can't decide if it is worth having or not.

Draekon

Deleted

Re: Summon Gargoyle

Have your tried it out?

If so, what were your findings?
    If not, why not?

I absolutely LOVE this thing, It does roughly ~600 Damage(Shadow, I believe) at level 70. And is not effected by rez sickness!

It boosted my DPS by quite a bit, It's good for getting out of tough situations if need be, Definitely take this one or you'll regret it.

I've tried using it, but most things die to quickly to make it a really useful talent point. I guess it would be useful for an elite mob but I find that I can usually kill the elite before the Gargoyle timer even gets close to running out. It would probably be more useful on raid bosses, but only being able to use it 1-2 times a fight may still push it to the back burner for talent points.

Draekon

I have it, I use it on instance bosses and its decent. Other than in instances I dont think I ever use it, other than 5 man group quests. Things just die too fast to use it in a normal situation.

it's an essential CD for any unholy looking to pvp, on the grounds that it does incredible burst damage, and is an extra target to add to your ultimate, slightly decayed, very plagued gigantic clusterfuck of untimely doom, demise, and dead puppies.

but seriously, if you want to see people with blue or red shields on their faces become people taking dirtnaps, take it.

Yah, seems like it might be a good thing to use when those pesky frost mages have locked you into place, lol...

I don't really see much need for it for leveling and stuff though, but I will include it into my build at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Yah, seems like it might be a good thing to use when those pesky frost mages have locked you into place, lol...
    thats when death grip is your friend hehe

my dk has it and its rather usefull. i have the master of ghouls talents, plus gargoyle. both very usefull for solo questing i think, specially when you go on a 6+mob rampage. would like to try it out on pvp though, should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

gave it a try last night. I could not figure out what he was doing.
    Is it aoe damage or my target damage or who the heck is it targetting?

ps Recount didn't report anything about him.

So, do gargoyle and dancing rune blade do enough damage to justify them in a PvE situation? Because I've been trying DrB as I level and I can only wonder if it will put out enough damage at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    So, do gargoyle and dancing rune blade do enough damage to justify them in a PvE situation? Because I've been trying DrB as I level and I can only wonder if it will put out enough damage at 80.
    According to EJ, DRB will scale much better at higher tiers since it's based off the damage you do. Until that gear level is obtained it would be better to use Gargoyle (so long as you can keep it up for the full duration).

Quote Originally Posted by Draekon
    So, any Death Knights out there used this talent and seen its effects yet? I can't decide if it is worth having or not.

Draekon
    Its one point that is well spent. With it I was able to Solo the quest http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10400
    Get your RP to 100 summon it and start your rotation, should you start to lack RP use Noth's potion and your fine.One of the best talents out there if you ask me.

Deleted

With my Premade Dk -- 80 first arena set the gargoyle did over 1200 every 3sec (or 2 not that sure dont play Dk anymore) he stays as long as u can feed him with your runicpower up to 1min. U can`t rly escape from he fights even if the dk is CC. On 80 it was in the most situations a I WIN BUTTON ....

so if u do PvP take this talent its OP in PvP except u can kite a dk and he runs out of runicpower IF U CAN KITE ^^

I have it on my DK, but its not very useful for questing/soloing in that mobs typically die too fast 1 at a time and the gargoyle itself doesnt last very long. fine if you doing aoe grinding but it seems to come down and attack a single target which is already dying from aoe effects and your pet ghoul.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    gave it a try last night. I could not figure out what he was doing.
    Is it aoe damage or my target damage or who the heck is it targetting?

ps Recount didn't report anything about him.
    i believe that if you have a target and use summon gargoyle, it will attack it. i did it with drillmaster and it went straight to him, then whatever else it saw around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser