Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: thoughts on the holy 51 pointer...?

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    - Humans increase the gains above by an additional 5% moving you up to 0.345 MP5 per spirit.
    Love the post Danner, good to see someone else has done his homework. However: Missed just one thing, that's 3% not 5. It's practically moot though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm full Holy with the required 14 points in Discipline and I have to say that I never have issues with mana.

Not when healing regular instances, heroic instances, 10-Mans, or even 25-Mans. Holy Priests shine *VERY* well when the person behind the wheel is familiar with the OO5SR Dance. It all comes down to play style and those that do not grasp the moves behind the dance are going to fail as any Spirit-based healer.

I gear my Priest on one factor and one alone: Pure and Unadulterated Mana Regeneration. It works out well for me because I've become very, very good at the dance.

There are a number of fights that aren't great to be a Holy Priest (such as Patchwerk due to having to chain cast) - this is one of the few where a Holy Priest will have to take a back seat to Discipline.

I'm able to chain cast Greater Heal through the duration of the fight, but it does require potting and Shadowfiend and all that jazz. Have to shake the idea of keeping renews on the tank, too, because sparing the GCD is just far too risky on this fight (10man with 2 healers).

I have all the Heroic-Badge gear from this expansion; even purchased the Robe with it. If you're running out of mana or having to constantly drink from healing heroics - you're doing something wrong either with your play style or your gear choice.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubashi&n=Synge

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    The 51 point talent is an OH SH*T button. It's like a better version of pain suppression.
    WOWOWOWOW! watch your words mate... It is definately not a better version of pain suppresion!

Say youve got 20k hp... it heals you for 10k. -MS debuff of 5k.... PS reduces the dmg i take by 40%.. so if im being nuked (this is for PvP... in PvE the same can be said about the tank) for 20k of my health over the period of PS... that means it absorbed a 8k of the damage i took.

And its easyier to use... use it the moment you see 2 dps running at you and uve got no CDs left... to use GS you gota time it right cuz sometimes you use it.. and just sit there with it on for 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    GS is definitively a relatively useless spell outside of raiding.

I tried casting it on myself to use it as a "cheap heal" while farming. The mob ended up killing me too slow, and I died 10.3 seconds later. There is just no usages for it while soloing.
    Nor is there a solo usage of CoH.

GS is a situational spell. I've used it quite a lot in heroics and it has saved lives. Whether or not it's a worthy 51 pointer...well I look at some of the truly interesting 51 pointers such as metamorphosis, titan's grip, or the Beast Mastery thing, and think "hmmm we got three dull talents".

Sure all three are pretty handy. Effective. But nothing overly cool or fun.

As for the Disc vs. Holy debate. I'll probably have my dual spec as Disc simply for heroics (though I doubt I'll be running them by then).

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    WOWOWOWOW! watch your words mate... It is definately not a better version of pain suppresion!

Say youve got 20k hp... it heals you for 10k. -MS debuff of 5k.... PS reduces the dmg i take by 40%.. so if im being nuked (this is for PvP... in PvE the same can be said about the tank) for 20k of my health over the period of PS... that means it absorbed a 8k of the damage i took.

And its easyier to use... use it the moment you see 2 dps running at you and uve got no CDs left... to use GS you gota time it right cuz sometimes you use it.. and just sit there with it on for 10 seconds
    It's definitely not a better version of pain suppression, but neither is pain suppression a better version of guardian spirit. They are very different skills that can and should be used at different times.

The optimal usage for GS in the scenario you explained would be casting it on yourself at the last second (so that the nukers won't have time to dispel it) and then watch your health go up from near-zero to 5k or 10k if there's no MS effect on you. PS on the other hand is almost useless if you have only 1000 health left. It really can't be used too late.

its like half a lay on hand that triggers at 0% for little mana... I like.

[quote=greenmasheen ]
    imp holy concentration is ok in the fact that you get more chance to CC, but it sucks that its really situational.

Umm... increasing spell hate improves your CC and is very situational? WHAT?

don't like it at all...

6 sec isn't a long time in the time you trigger the effect to increase healing received and then cast a flash heal the global cooldown makes it just to long...
    You can almost cast 2 flash heals instead of 1 at 40% improved.

For me this talent is only nice on a short time on a raid fight where tank takes more damage but still ony can use it once in 3 minutes...
    For heroics it sucks, for raids it's ...ok ...
    Still like more the hots of a druid healer and some greater heal spamming a tank on hard parts in raids.

Next build i make won't be with that talent i guess.
    For me it's still more like "hey look i just made a HUGE crit on you" spell

Quote Originally Posted by sponske
    don't like it at all...

6 sec isn't a long time in the time you trigger the effect to increase healing received and then cast a flash heal the global cooldown makes it just to long...
    You can almost cast 2 flash heals instead of 1 at 40% improved.

For me this talent is only nice on a short time on a raid fight where tank takes more damage but still ony can use it once in 3 minutes...
    For heroics it sucks, for raids it's ...ok ...
    Still like more the hots of a druid healer and some greater heal spamming a tank on hard parts in raids.

Next build i make won't be with that talent i guess.
    For me it's still more like "hey look i just made a HUGE crit on you" spell
    Did you COMPLETELY ignore the fact it SAVES the tank and only concentrated on the imp healing aspect? if so just delete ur post

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbagooba
    I was wondering, does anyone use the Guardian as another form of oo5sr kind of ability? Is it even possible? Pop it and let the time run out, or the tank "die". Then resume healing, possibly by using Innerfocus before. I'm thinking in a raidsituation a couple of priests take turns using it granting eachother valuble time oo5sr?
    I do =p you can get a good 15-20 seconds out of it.
    Gs, wait two seconds-hymn of hope, pop inner focus stopcast gheals until you need it, with any luck you will crit and get clearcasting, stopcast until you need that. 20 seconds and a ton of mana

yo hey i just dinged 80(5 minutes ago) i was wondering if i speced healing right

i hear disc is the new holy cause of mana problem

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hand&n=Holyhes

id appreciate it if u could post back