Thread: @Hero Class

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

@Hero Class

If I hear one more idiot in General chat say "We aren't OP'd we are a Hero Class!" I swear my fist will come out of their monitor and crush their face.

The most terrible thing Blizzard did to the DK community was refer to them as a "Hero Class" how many idiots are going to play one thinking they are superior? DK will definitely be the new Huntard or Retardin.

The only thing special about the DK is skipping 55 levels and I think if you have a max level character, that should be the norm with any alt you make.

/Rant off

So, Hows everyone liking their Death Knight so far? I'm loving the frost tree and it feels like the class I've been waiting for, for 3 years.

Re: @Hero Class

I have to agree. I'm really loving Unholy, I did try Frost for a bit, Howling Blast is a really awesome spell.

Draekon

Quote Originally Posted by Nythious
    The only thing special about the DK is skipping 55 levels and I think if you have a max level character, that should be the norm with any alt you make.

So, Hows everyone liking their Death Knight so far? I'm loving the frost tree and it feels like the class I've been waiting for, for 3 years.
    i love my dk, quit my rogue warrior and lock to level him, seems like blizzard really got it right with 5 years of thinking about how the class mechanics would work

(was unholy till 67, now im blood)

man alts are addicting

Quote Originally Posted by Nythious
    If I hear one more idiot in General chat say "We aren't OP'd we are a Hero Class!" I swear my fist will come out of their monitor and crush their face.

The most terrible thing Blizzard did to the DK community was refer to them as a "Hero Class" how many idiots are going to play one thinking they are superior? DK will definitely be the new Huntard or Retardin.

/Rant off

all i can say is....I DEFINETLY agree with you. The term "Hero" class has spoilt people and is one of the reason why there is MANY death knights all over

I LOVE MY DK! *Little girl at a miley cyrus concert scream*

Onto seriousness, I've been lvling as unholy and I really like it. Ive got good AoE dmg and deathstrike gives me back all the hp I need, for the most part. I do have pots with me though just incase.

I've been leveling fairly decently as unholy, so far im 75, which yea... I know isnt that huge of an accomplishment with there already being a shitload of lvl 80 death knights, but i should be 80 within (and 5 days being the 100% maximum) 3½ days if I continue to go at the pace i am.

15+ Year Old Account

This is realy my class.

I tried unholy and I loved it.

At level 64 I respeced Blood just to test it and I'm also loving it.

While doing Ramps and BF, I love tanking with unholy and dpsing while I wasn't tanking

I'm not a huntard or a retadin, I know how to play a Death Knight. And yes it takes skills to do good dps or to play in PvP :P

Only problem: around 25% of the class on my server are Death Knight, well, horde side, didn't check alliance.

25% of... 10 class? Too much is too much. And there's full of retard in outland right now that doesn't know how to play and spam 2-3 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateriser
    all i can say is....I DEFINETLY agree with you. The term "Hero" class has spoilt people and is one of the reason why there is MANY death knights all over
    I think there is alot more to it than that! People are playing DK's because they are new.. and those who enjoy the WoW storyline get a real treat in the training process. Yes.. every class has tards... and yes... we will see lots of Death Tards too...
    I might even be one of them myself... as i havent really figured out how to play it most effectively yet, you wont see me ganking folks but ill figure it out lol....

Ive been working with blood to start out with.. just got the runic addon downloaded as you cant see your runes when you use xperl and that helps alot at least i can see what im doing now!

well, 1; blizzard even said "Hero Class = skip 55 levels and have extra flashy things and shiny shit on your UI, NOT op", so obviously it's a statement not only of the people's capacity to think clearly and in terms of the general picture, but also of their reading comprehension, willingness to think, and intelligence in general.

2; loving it. Unholy atm, but at 80 i'm going on a testing spree to make completely off-the-wall specs.

how is frost for leveling? a guildie tried it for a bit leveling (63) and pretty much lost to anyone with permaghoul, though he did see some nice crits happening.

Ye Dks are pretty sick its just really refreshing to get new game mechanics like that

Also, loving blood spec atm, i kill everything quickly and end the fight everytime with 85-100% health and 40+ RP, though im only 59 atm (prays that the self heals scale half decently)

Edit: @ mixelpixel theres actually an option under the "player" tab in xperl to turn on runes and have them attach to the player portrait but i bet the other addon has a cooler setup
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by frozenpatato

Only problem: around 25% of the class on my server are Death Knight, well, horde side, didn't check alliance.

25% of... 10 class? Too much is too much. And there's full of retard in outland right now that doesn't know how to play and spam 2-3 buttons.
    Of course people will want to try a new class. Just give it time and the ammount of people playing it will be down to about 8%, only the skilled will be left, or the annoying people who just wont give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    so obviously it's a statement not only of the people's capacity to think clearly and in terms of the general picture
    That is an understatement. I am, to this day, amazed of how fecking STUPID some of the people that play this game can be.

Loving my DK so far though, especially since I left Outland. Seems everyone out there is Unholy though, crazy.

EDIT:

Of course people will want to try a new class. Just give it time and the ammount of people playing it will be down to about 8%, only the skilled will be left, or the annoying people who just wont give up.
    Do not forget the power of fanboy-ism, which is strong with the Death Knight.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

I am lvl 73 now, and yes, the DK is indeed a Hero Class ,in the sense of being more powerful than others.... at least in solo gameplay.

I can, in Nordrend greens and without help nor buffs nor crafting (no sockets in Nordrend it seems, making JC a waste so far), complete all group quests, ride/run through entire caves and locations pulling everything, then AoEing it down together with the Boss/target of the quest, and run off with half health, speedbuff, never being at risk.
    Nothing ever threatens me, 6+ mobs at once unprepared are no challenge at all.

Its disgusting, and I am on the verge of quitting this great class because of it. I wanted (and got) complexity, but the content of the game just solves everything with AoE-Bombing.

So, I think Blizzard made a huge mistake by making the game too easy, but on top they introduced a vastly more powerful class in solo play than all others. Nothing comes even close, except maybe a Retri-Paladin with excellent gear.

To me it seems that people aren't understanding what "hero" is in this case. All it is, from what I can gather of the story, if any of them actually paid attention to the awesome epic storyline, is that your toon died fighting the scourge around level 55...a hero for dying whilst fighting the scourge...and that's why you're level 55. That's when the Lich King subverted your will to his. And further a hero for breaking free of his control to aid in the fight against the scourge. I think it's dramatic, and a damn good story.

Story aside, I love the new mechanics, I think it is a thinking class, and I don't really feel we'll be OP at endgame. We have kickass starter gear to go pwn HFP with, but that's about it. In actual pve end game content I think we'll just be different, not better.

I have had a druid as main for about 4 years now (feral). And I think this will be my new main, it's just a lot of fun, and something different after all this time. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwynn
    So, I think Blizzard made a huge mistake by making the game too easy, but on top they introduced a vastly more powerful class in solo play than all others. Nothing comes even close, except maybe a Retri-Paladin with excellent gear.
    What about Warlock, especially that SL/FG spec going around?

Or... BM hunter? Or... druids?

Pretty much all classes got to the point that they're strong if played properly - also, the early quests are a cakewalk made for people that came in crap gear from Outlands.

All my alts I've tooled around with in Northrend have had no issues whatsoever going over group quests, so I'm not sure what you're going on about.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

I think it's a really fun class with a hybridy feeling combat system... I like this, since I play a paladin and shaman. I like mixing spells with melee. I tried Unholy and Frost, and I'm enjoying Frost a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    how is frost for leveling? a guildie tried it for a bit leveling (63) and pretty much lost to anyone with permaghoul, though he did see some nice crits happening.
    I love Frost, I've been waiting to become a Frost DK for a long time. So far my favorite thing to do is pull 10 things and spread 2 diseases, then do Howling Blast/Blood Boil(? AoE Disease explosion)/DaC or another Howling Blast. If I'm lucky, the Howling Blasts do 2000 per target.

I'm starting to see the benefit of Killing Machine + Dual Wield (I'm 2Hand). Realizing that more of my attacks could be crits causing most of my AoE HB's to do massive damage and perma 25% haste.

I usually do a mix up depending on the situation. Icy Touch (25% Haste *DROOL*) Plague Strike, Oblit, Oblit, Frost Strike, Frost Strike. Then refresh my Death Runes with Blood Strike. Crazy stuff, very fun and I'm still learning the Rune/Runic Power system. I've found some awesome combos so far.

/Newrant!

I'm sick and tired of watchin all the Death knight's asking for what talent tree to spec in general HFP and getting responded to by ppl saying Frost is tanking Blood is PvE and Unholy is PVP. I keep having to call them on it and call them retarded...

Learn your class talents, they all do the same things different ways!!!

Blood is Strike Oriented, Frost is Direct + PBAOE spell damage and Unholy is Disease/Ghoul Oriented. The trees also switch up your talentless rotations.

All can tank their own way, all can dps their own way, and all can PvP their own way...
    This is what makes them a hero class IMO.

Well, i would say hero class if lvl cap was at 60 still. I mean, you start with pretty nice gear for the lvl, which makes lvling a lot easier. However, im sure that in pvp and such, things will even out, once you figure out how to beat them. However you CAN make a huntard cry... which is always fun. Specially when they disengage, and you just pull a Scorpion's "get over here!' and pwn faces... aaahh... good times.

I really like mine, thats for sure. And yes, you do see a lot of deathtards out there... Though i do have to say, doing ramps 2 times with all DK group is fun... things die, rather fast. its even better when you play monkey in the middle with death grip, good times.

Overall, i would have to say its one of the best classes i've played so far (and i have a toon of every class... i know... too much time...).

...lets just hope the nerf bat doesnt come swinging this way soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

Quote Originally Posted by Baldymcgee
    deathtards
    Clever!

I played a DK on beta and I loved it more then I could ever love my warlock.
    With the chance to play it on live is freaking awesome so far I am at 77 got my DK flying mount and going strong.

As for leveling I leveled as blood on beta and on live. Done a few instances as dps and found I own people who wear atleast 5p t6 with tanking I find that my TPS is between 2500-3000 which is a hell of a lot higher then other tanks I know.

All in all blizz did really well with this class and I am glade to be playing it

Tho I wish the bads would F@#K off and leave me to level.............so many dumb as questions from ppl who think they can just " play a DK with little or no understanding of the class " dont flame that last comment I know tons of people who researched all they could on the class even playing it on beta and those are the ones that are going to make it far as a DK.