Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New shapeshift skins

so whatever happened to that? anyone have info?

Re: New shapeshift skins

supposed to be introduced with the next patch or something to that effect

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

they better be fucking awesome. i am so sick of looking the same. i want new moonkin forms too, god dammit. seriously so turned off by feral because of the look of a tauren cat.. also, WTF WTB vanish. warstomp =/= vanish. seriously.

^ warstomp is a joke imo!!!!!! 70 NE druid here, and tried a tauren druid, is deff. a joke compared to shadowmeld

oh an the skin thing isnt a huge concern for me, it'd be nice to have, but they said they are thinkin bout letting you be able to see some items while in forms which is a decent idea and better than nothing

I think just new skins wouldn't cut it, I mean you would grow tired of them just the same as you do of the current ones, showing items in forms somehow is the way forward.

15+ Year Old Account

That has been my suggestion all along, no new forms (fix the current ones up a bit maybe) then let gear show through forms. Even if only the tier/main items showed through, seeing shoulders/helms etc are the big items. I would like to see weapons as well, but that would be ahrd for ferals to have a 2h staff :P

The armor thing is a great idea, anyone watch the golden compass? the polar bear wearing that armor? how cool would it be if you could show your armor through your form? you would look so cool! i'd much rather have that than a simple change to what i look like, and then complain about the same form next year

They could do a system where the forms 'scale' based on item level, which would be sort of diablo-esque, which would introduce some variety in the druids you would see, but then we would still be limited to a set amount of different looks, which is still better than the 1 for each we currently have I suppose.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Different colored skins according to certain Tier gear?
    Awesome Idea? YES!
    Have both, for example, Tier 7 and Tier 8? Give them spots or stripes!
    Any other kickass ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Completely agree that it should be based on 'tier' so to speak. they can make better looking models rather than have odd armour look just gross when mix and matched.

Better things to work on.
    Nuff said.

Better things to work on.
    Nuff said.
    Like what?
    Oh yea, nerfing content 6 ft into the ground,
    I heard infants can't kill Malygos yet, nerf nerf.
    Bigger than Life.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I think making it Idol based might work even better...

WTB Polar Bear, Snow Leopard/White Tiger skin, and some sort of badass harry potter white owl moonkin skin...

Not sure what they could do for tree form... maybe some sort of evergreen tree? christmas style?

From what I've read, they scrapped the idea of using minor glyphs for this because it felt like a weird bandaid to what is really a glaring issue.

It was made pretty clear in BC that Blizz takes gear appearance (and distinguishability) fairly seriously, even if they do have the bad habit of recycling a lot of stuff. The gear -model- at least is important.

They seemed to be discussing a more interesting, more "real" solution to the problem of shapeshifted appearance. What will it be? Who knows.. but considering why the "new dance moves!" idea has been shoved later in the expansion (they want people to be able to customize their dances, apparently?), they might have some kind of cool plan. It would be nice to hear more on what they're considering.

The only thing I remember hearing was that they might try and work the look of shoulder gear into forms. That alone would be a huge upgrade.

Personally? I'd like to see the forms just.. be something you can at least be proud of. I don't care -that- much that it's the same form from (10, 16, 20, 30, 40, 50, 68, 70/71) to 80 (bear,aquatic,cat,travel,kin,tree,fform,efform).. But I do care that most of them look like junk.
    e.g.: Why are the horns on tauren forms the same regardless of what your actual look is? Why doesn't our aquatic form have horns, or at least -not- have long ears? Why does our cat look ridiculous?
    etc.
    Other people gradually start to look pretty damned cool. I know, I know, lolrp or whatever, but I don't play WoW to pretend I'm playing a spreadsheet. A character's identity and identifiability -does- make a difference in enjoyment for most players. Why are druids still denied this?
    Simple answer is: It takes a lot of work to change. However, this far after release, I think we deserve -some- kind of update.

Anywho, I guess we should just hope that the plans for shapeshifting end up being cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    ^ warstomp is a joke imo!!!!!! 70 NE druid here, and tried a tauren druid, is deff. a joke compared to shadowmeld
    Shadowmeld = Obscene.

Absolutely totally obscene. >_<

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Shadowmeld = Obscene.

Absolutely totally obscene. >_<
    You're just jealous an Alliance class other than humans has a useful racial talent...

Having 2 Vanishes on my rogue, and one when running around as a tree or moonkin on my druid is an absolutely amazing change, completely altering survivability... yes, it can be a safety net in PVE, but also a priceless tool.

back on topic - I agree with rabbimojo, good post, I hope the same.

Having played a druid, as my main, I see the issue of why forms need to be redone. I would also hope they put some real effort into the remodels of these shape shift forms. Until the recent 3.0.1 patch I didnt mind the old ones being that Im one of the many folks who stuck with Andrige's Druids of Azeroth skins. These skins were great. They had nice sleek looks, colors matched, and had a new animation for shape shift to boot! I really think using something like these would help alot to alleviate the problems players had with the original skins. I mean sure its only putting a new coat of paint on, but it helps ease the pain of some folks.

P.S. Personally, I would just like to see druids trainers to allow us to obtain new looks for the forms from a quest or something of that nature. This way getting your new spiffy looks would feel like an accomplishment.

saddles

blizzard has more important things to do like nerf ret pallys ;D

Personally, I play an NE boomkin, and the only forms I use are moonkin -and cat to Prowl around- which are decent.
    but even my feathers get boring, so I thought I'd chime in on this one.

I doubt that new skins would fix the problem, we'd just be begging for the same thing in an expansion or two. Even switching between classic and new would get old and we would want more.

I like the idea of tiered forms, such as at certain levels (or any other system that would work) you unlock different colours and patterns for your forms, or going to the barber shop or Moonglade or somewhere and customizing appearances for your forms.

Also earlier in this thread someone mentioned Tree form getting a Christmas tree skin? Why not make this some Holiday reward? and give mages something cool too so they don't QQ all over our new skins. (I have nothing against mages, that was just for giggles)

Also, certain pieces of armour, like shoulders or helms, shown in shapeshift forms would be really cool.
    but while levelling, I usually rely on Boomkin to hide that really ugly shoulder piece with the spikes or the bright green gloves xP
    "Judas went afk and <The Disciples> wiped, but it's cool 'cos Jesus had a SoulStone."

My science teacher didn't believe in evolution, can you gimme hallelujah?