5/0/58 Healing: Shadow in lights clothing

Tossed on my healing gear to main heal the nexus with my PVE shadow leveling spec. Zero mana regen abilities for healing (although dispersion works nicely for this) and no talents to improve heals and everything went fine. Zero complaints from the group, and the tank was a really under geared paladin.

Was a fun challenge with 3.0 sec gheal. Anyone else out there a wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak?

Re: 5/0/58 Healing: Shadow in lights clothing

Ive been healing on my priest as shadow and my ret pally... no respecs and no issues. The instances are so incredibly easy.

The instances aren't necessarily easy, but rather people outgear them completely. Most people are in badges gear, which means on par with T6. Doing instances in T6 when something's tuned to level 70 green quest items? Of course it's easy.

I've found mana to be of some concern in dungeons, but mostly that's because there's, at most, 10 seconds between pulls, and we usually pull 2-4 groups at once. If we slowed it down a bit, I don't think I'd have any problems healing, even in shadow gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny
    Ive been healing on my priest as shadow and my ret pally... no respecs and no issues. The instances are so incredibly easy.
    ^this^

And Seeing as most of the quest items are pretty close to on a par with badge gear, I think they are just too easy.

Dk tanks are interesting though, massive spike damage in my experience. As an off spec healer it goes 'oh, this is dull and OMFG WTF where did his health go *Spam heal*'

Instances are not easy, they are tuned for lvl70 people in green and some blues. We do it with fully epic characters... so we completely overgear the encounters.

We'll hear back from you when you try some lvl78 instances at a time when you have replaced every epic with blues. It will be slightly more difficult especially if you heal as shadow and the tank is arms spec^^

Deleted

Again, you want a challenge?
    Heal naked, tank naked and/or have your DPS play naked...

In-game characters, that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    In-game characters, that is...
    Ok! Now I know why I didn't find the instances difficult, even naked... *puts his clothes on*
    Ah that's mush better! ^^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Ok! Now I know why I didn't find the instances difficult, even naked... *puts his clothes on*
    Ah that's mush better! ^^
    Picture or it didn't happen!

For all those who fill there is no challenge to the game:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?achievements=14923

Achievements are pretty ingenious because it gives you more to the game than just "kill the baddies" it gives you "kill the baddies while....."

Also in BC I was main healing heroics as shadow at lvl 70 in my T2 gear when there were clear upgrades available.

I guess the point of this post was not that I thought Wrath is easy, but that I thought even as shadow spec healing is possible, and can be fun.

I think this is something down the lines of "An Arms or Fury Warrior is able to tank a 5-man, but if you get into heroics or raids you better stick with Prot"... something like that. Sure a Shadow Priest has healing spells, or a Ret Paladin. It's not their forte, but it helps. It wouldn't be enough come heroics or 10's though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I done it in Violet Hold heroic when our healer DC'ed, and on some random group quests. It's doable, but with the higher mana cost, and no regen it's really really not optimal for heroics.

But I would say it's more than fine for normalmode, with the only consequence that you have to spend alot of gold on water

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    But I would say it's more than fine for normalmode, with the only consequence that you have to spend a lot of gold on water
    Dispersion + shadowfiend + those 3645347 worthless mana pots sitting on your alts since TBC raiding died cover it the few times I've had to heal. Really, really helps once you get a point or two in Meditation, and if you start grabbing some half-decent healing gear from quests or drops no one else needs :d

You still need mana between pulls more often than as holy.