Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Death Knight Frost Tank Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Shingorash
    This is an old thread but I thought I would reply with my tank specs I use in all heroic raids in Northrend.
    If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to say something...
    \o with your first statement you tank with that spec in all heroic raids right? and you said that it's a MT spec (to which I'm presuming that you're the MT?)

then why are you still at 529 def?

It takes forever for 2h to swing, so even tho RS procs INSANELY often, 2h can only really use it so often

However...
    I dont understand is

Lets say you proc it every swing

with a 5.0 and a 1.0 that both do 100 dps

1.0 uses it 10x in 10 seconds, they hit for 1.5 * 100 * 10 = 1500 Damage/Threat - RP used = 200
    5.0 uses it 2x in 10 seconds, they hit for 1.5 * 500 * 2 = 1500 Damage/Threat - RP used = 40
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

then why are you still at 529 def?
    I have sorted out the being critable part with resilience so I can concentrate on avoidance more. If I use the 2h Tanking wep I have I have 550 or so defense.

I have sorted out the being critable part with resilience so I can concentrate on avoidance more. If I use the 2h Tanking wep I have I have 550 or so defense.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39115??
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Thats sweet but any 2h wep will do with Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle on it, that Rune gives defense pts not rating.

Regardless I am uncritable anyway and for those of you who have tankpoints addon on I have 218k tankpoints unbuffed.

Raid buffed its a lot higher and I have around 40k HP. Just a quick note, if you are a miner / jewelcrafter you can make this even better, just put +27 dodge gems from JC in your gear, works a treat.

I dont have any yet, I slack when it comes to doing dailies but they will be in my gear by the end of the week.

There are a few items of gear I am missing still, I need the Parry trinket from Saph to replace the Essance Of Gossamer and 2x Lasy Laugh ace's from Kael.

DK tank are really really good if you get it right

This is an old thread
    Thread necro ftl...now you're gonna have people looking at old, out-of-date builds on the first 3 pages. Nice one!

http://www.squidoo.com/ThatTanksthecake

It gives good ideas if you this is your first frost tank.

And if not, may explain a few things about the spec for you.