Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: retribution - in all honesty

To be honest paladin utility in raid is the reason I keep playing my paladin.
    Hand of protection, Hand of salvation, Hammer of Justice, Righteous Defence(though is a tank talent) can be succesfuly be used in raid, helping the raid stay alive and solve half the agro situations. That's what makes a paladin fun to play.
    In a 5 player heroic a paladin can save himself (bubble), use hand of salvation on some player, hand of sacrifice on other player, stun a mob that attacks some dps, and use righteous defence on some other player. Using buble and righteous defence at the same time won't convince that mob to attack me but at least will lower that player agro. This means that I can save 4 of 5 ppl of the group and all in the same time in a situation where tank loses agro or dies.(ofc if tank dies I'm saving it for like 10 seconds, but sometimes 10 seconds ca be good enough).

Pve- Were pretty much fine, might need a little more mana return somewhere, its possible to go oom using your basic rotation in situations where you dont have mana increasing talents like int and kings. But basically, on par dps good utility.

PvP- Low rankings we rock, blowing up lots of people with big numbers, throwing out huge heals when needed, not too many though because you go oom fast. High rated arena is where the problems start to show again, that same mage or hunter will kite you for days at a time, and that priest will drain your mana away leaving you able to do nothing(little better with divine plea, and possible change to make mana burns effect base mana).

All in all we are in a much better place than pre 3.0, sure you wont blow up s4 people with blues, but even matchups you can do much more than just chase someone around and hope you get an SoC string that kills them. Sure to get high rated you will have to work together with your team, but now you aren't a burden holding them back, just a diffrent comp with a diffrent play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    Still some crybabies think we need to be nerfed ...
    Retridins are next to mages as the biggest whiners in wow. I lolled at this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ds_swoosh
    Retridins are next to mages as the biggest whiners in wow. I lolled at this comment.
    "Still some crybabies think we need to be nerfed . Read the rest of my statment. but... maybe i didetn made me clear. I meant that some pallys thinks we should be buffed and make a huge thing about it. And still crybabies is those mages and warlocks and druids that have ben totaly overpower for the whole time during BC and neverbefore have lost 1v1 ageinst a paladin.
    And i also said that i dident have a oppinon about if we need anybuffs or should be nerfed. I also ment that blizzard have said to (forexample) arcane mages that "will will see how they will be at 80", but us palladins they nerfed almoste the same day they releasd the patch. And i say it Now. We needed to be nerfed. I am not 1 of the crybabies u think i am. Just saying fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    And still crybabies is those mages and warlocks and druids that have ben totaly overpower for the whole time during BC and neverbefore have lost 1v1 ageinst a paladin.
    Yeah mages were totally OP throughout BC. Do you even play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mur
    retri is still skilless compared to a lot of classes imo. But effective.
    Ret is definitely not skilless, imo.

I am not that good I know...

ret is nothing but a 3 button wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    hello all, first I want to start by saying this far from any type of QQ.

I have been away from the game for a few months and never got to test any of the class post having 51 point talents implemented. When I stopped playing (believe it or not I havnt been able to get Internet where I moved to, getting it Thursday finally) I had just finished out s3 with all teams above 2k.

Now my question is this - to all retribution paladins that have been able to be succesful as I have, do you feel the class is currently "fixed". I have followed the forums the passed few months trying to sort reduculous complaints with valid ones, it is hard to do without testing things personally though.

So guys.. How are we REALLY.. Is it going to be as difficult to stay on top as it has been in the past? Or are things finally a little more realistic for us in pvp arena? I alwaays enjoyed the challenge of being an underdog but we all also felt MANY frustrations.

I'm just looking for a nice status report from someone who can be mature

Thanks!
    If were able to be good with your paladin in TBC, you will be excited.

If you enjoy the paladin class for the sake of the class, you will be excited.

Retribution now is way better than it ever was. There is way more mediocre players that rely on bruteforce 3 button smash and don't use everything this class can offer.

To conclude - if you are ret by heart, you will be more than happy to play now.

Quote Originally Posted by TDWP
    ret is nothing but a 3 button wonder
    What class isn't?

loldeepwounds?

>:|

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    What class isn't?

loldeepwounds?

>:|
    Elemental shaman in PvP?

You still need your Damage and survivability tuning down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Well, I am daily questing in Zul Drak at 80, wearing the Blue lvl78 LW crafted PvP set. 15K Health, 500 Resilience Resto Shammy. And then a lvl 77 Retardin dismounts in front of me and owns my face without breaking a sweat in 20 seconds, without loosing any health or mana. Now, if there is one class that it is supposed to outlast their enemies, this is the Resto Shaman. Oups, no more I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Till
    Well, I am daily questing in Zul Drak at 80, wearing the Blue lvl78 LW crafted PvP set. 15K Health, 500 Resilience Resto Shammy. And then a lvl 77 Retardin dismounts in front of me and owns my face without breaking a sweat in 20 seconds, without loosing any health or mana. Now, if there is one class that it is supposed to outlast their enemies, this is the Resto Shaman. Oups, no more I guess...
    Being ganked 1v1 says nothing about class balance... I can easily nuke 20K under 20 seconds, but in bgs and arenas I am getting my ass handed back quite often.

so paladins do damage now, yeh
    so we cant /spit on their corpses as much as we used to
    ow well, play the cards your dealth i mean...

it just gives me more satisfaction to kil a pala now then it did before
    thats a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    hello all, first I want to start by saying this far from any type of QQ.

I have been away from the game for a few months and never got to test any of the class post having 51 point talents implemented. When I stopped playing (believe it or not I havnt been able to get Internet where I moved to, getting it Thursday finally) I had just finished out s3 with all teams above 2k.

Now my question is this - to all retribution paladins that have been able to be succesful as I have, do you feel the class is currently "fixed". I have followed the forums the passed few months trying to sort reduculous complaints with valid ones, it is hard to do without testing things personally though.

So guys.. How are we REALLY.. Is it going to be as difficult to stay on top as it has been in the past? Or are things finally a little more realistic for us in pvp arena? I alwaays enjoyed the challenge of being an underdog but we all also felt MANY frustrations.

I'm just looking for a nice status report from someone who can be mature

Thanks!
    Ahhh the paladin who was to stay on the top.. Really what u are in the game reflects what u are in reality. And it just makes me wanna puke when a low level individual wants to always be "on top".. Well mr retritard either we all on top or forget about it. Who are u the ones to fuck arround people with clothes like mages priests and locks ? They gave u power for 2 weeks and u "f***" wow. Down to ur knees now..or more correctly do what u do best.. Bubble!
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by nosfero
    Ahhh the paladin who was to stay on the top.. Really what u are in the game reflects what u are in reality. And it just makes me wanna puke when a low level individual wants to always be "on top".. Well mr retritard either we all on top or forget about it. Who are u the ones to fuck arround people with clothes like mages priests and locks ? They gave u power for 2 weeks and u "f***" wow. Down to ur knees now..or more correctly do what u do best.. Bubble!
    even tough i dont like pallys either i have to say this...

NERD RAGE!!!!

wats wrong about wanting to be good at a game, and how does that reflect to anything of your RL
    you sir are prolyl some weird kid that locks himself in his basement playing wow 23:55 hours a day, leaving 5 mins for the daily wank

GZ

Actually i work most of the day, so i dont have much time to wank as u said. Anw i dont need to , thank god I HAVE a girl doing that for me. And it aint rage.. Never had problems with then nor i will ever have. Am playing full s4 warlock and full s3 shadow priest and i never ever had a problem against a paladin. More likely to give me hard time a holy paladin than a retrimoron!

What pisses me off is that they gave them power, and they are continously abusing it, wanting more and more.
    Oh and replying to what am saying doesnt make any difference kid. My opinion that is. If u dont wanna read, move to the next thread or gtfo!
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

Actually i work most of the day, so i dont have much time to wank as u said. Anw i dont need to , thank god I HAVE a girl doing that for me. And it aint rage.. Never had problems with then nor i will ever have. Am playing full s4 warlock and full s3 shadow priest and i never ever had a problem against a paladin. More likely to give me hard time a holy paladin than a retrimoron!

What pisses me off is that they gave them power, and they are continously abusing it, wanting more and more.
    Oh and replying to what am saying doesnt make any difference kid. My opinion that is. If u dont wanna read, move to the next thread or gtfo!
    k so many things about your post makes me lol

1- ur GF only wanks u? poor you
    2- ah so they "abuse power" hey!!! i remember pretty much every friggin lock doing that troughout tbc
    3- just wanted to say u make me lol (not in a good way)

Could you please read properly before you nerdrage??? He doesn't state anything about his thrill for more and more power - what he does is that he solely asks what the changes made to his favourite paladin spec. Only thing regarding "on top" in there is OP asking whether it is as hard as it was, to stay on top, so in the same state as for him in S3, when, y'know, retripallies were mostly free HKs for everyone and there was amount close to none high rated rets represented in all arena brackets altogether.

However, all that aside and disregarding your obvious lack of capability to read properly and think, using word containing "retard" is saying more about you than about OP.

The op said he didn t play ret after the 51 point talents release and wanted to know how it was for a pally nowadays ... he also said that ret was the underdog before the patch and that is true . Now you pop out insulting him calling him "retrimoron" ... he never asked for ret buff or anything like that . And coming from a "full s4 geared lock" you shouldn t open your trash bag mister "fear dot dot drain yeah i m skilled" . What is your problem ? you can t stand the fact that ret can defnd themself ? that they roll over your noob face because your simple fear dot dot drain rotation doesn t mean free win anymore ?
    I have only 1 thing to say NERD RAGE ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Don't forget that ret pallies were designed to do 90-95% of the top DPS class' output.
    Not going to bother reading the whole thread, but this just doesn't appear to be true at the moment. Of my regular raid partners, only our enhance shaman reliably beats me on single target fights (although he's a couple hundred AP ahead of me once I give him Imp. BoM). I'm about equally matched with our Unholy DK and Fury warrior on the same fights. We don't have a regular hunter, although the couple we've pugged didn't do so well. Meanwhile, I'm consistently ahead of the mage, rogue, and lock on single target fights.

This is a group of guys who have raided together for quite a while. I know the mage, rogue, and lock are all good. They used to destroy me on the meters. It's just not the case at the moment.

Just to add, we're all "similarly" geared in terms of item level (mostly heroic blues/purples and a few emblem/naxx purples). It's possible that ret is just scaling better at this item level. Who knows.

When I pug heroics, the situation is even more extreme. It's harder to control for gear and skill in complete pugs, but I've seen some cases where I was doing a large amount more DPS than a "pure" DPS class on single target fights. For example, tank around 1000, rogue around 1500, me around 2500.

Meh. Who knows.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.