Thread: Seriously?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Seriously?

So...I've leveled all the way to 80. Ran Naxx last night, got an uber 1 hander and I'm thinking life is good. Then my eyes roll over to the corner of the screen where the DPS meter was I am shocked to see that im being out DPS'd by half the raid. Thinking ok, some of them scale better then mages do I wont worry about it yet. But today im in a Heroic 5 man and im getting out DPS'd by the main tank...now I'm not the best player in the world but im not a newb either, i cleared Sunwell, per nerf. I had full T6.5 and a few trinkets and neck pieces. So my question is this...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Why am i being out DPS'd by the main tank, and before you answer +hit do realize im in 5 man's and the bosses are only 83 so i don't need full hit. All I've read on the TC forums is how were pulling 3k+ DPS...the only people i see puilling 3K+ are hunters...and whie im on that subject pets are out DPSing us(me). Am I just really messing up my cast rotation or is everyone else seeing the same thing...I've asked around on my server and responses seem to be the same....so WTH?

Re: Seriously?

New talents, new skills, learn to adapt. I was always in the top 5 as a frost mage in BWL/AQ pre-bc. You wouldn't be able to do that in BC. Now this is the age of the Lich King. Sounds like you need to do something different. Figure it out.

What's your spec?

Also, you're not giving yourself enough credit lol, killing Kil'Jaeden was a pretty big accomplishment.

(Incoming all the fags "omg sunwell was always soo easy cause I'm so leet and pro and I own OMG I'm totally cool")

15+ Year Old Account

I'd really have to ask your spec at this point.

Hunters are by far the top dps at the moment, however you should easily be able to top a tank. If you're not, you're doing something wrong. That would be the best thing here, because doing something wrong is easily fixable. There are mages pulling respectable numbers (3k on some fights) using a frostfire build right now.

well my spec is 0/53/18, and from everything i read its the max dps spec...

Pharenheit
    Kil'jadean
    Human Female Mage
    Rhyme and Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Pharenheit
    well my spec is 0/53/18, and from everything i read its the max dps spec...

Pharenheit
    Kil'jadean
    Human Female Mage
    Rhyme and Reason
    Post your armory, that FFB spec is very reliant on crit. If you have low crit then that spec isn't at its potential. Try downloading a Theorycraft program, and throw in crit, haste, and spell dmg gems and see what churns out a higher dps.

Yah, from your armory you're crit is extremely low. I would guess that is your problem.

WHICH type of tank are you talking about?

Because if you mean feral druids, they're still ridiculously broken. Blizzard refuses to fix the aspects of their class that make resto easymode in the arena and feral easymode in pve. In fact it received such a massive dps boost I've seen many ferals topping everything save hunters with the KJ bow, and this is in BEAR form. In 25 man raids they can get top 5 in bear but to top the charts they usually go cat.

Now, if you start getting beat out by paladin tanks on non-ae fights, then there's cause for concern.

Thank god i see this post.

After the realease i kinda stopped checking forums since i wanted to work on my mage asap.

After doing a fair number of heroics and around half Naxx ,i was worried too.
    Especially feral druids ,but even a DK tank we have with us usually are scaring dps at the same time they tank.

once ya get 40%+ crit rating raid buffed, and hit capped yer dps will be godly. glyph scorch, molten armor, and FFB. Rotate 2 scorches, living bomb, 4 or 5 FFb's throwing instant pyro's when it procs, then 1 scorch to keep the debuff up, usually living bomb goes off right when your casting that scorch or right before, apply a new living bomb, and back to the FFB's

I have the FFB Glyph and Scorch Glyph but no one on my server currently has Molten Armor, but thats what im working on atm.

15+ Year Old Account

with my current build and equip http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...stmane&n=Karah i had 3.3k dps on the mountboss in strat (tho i got overdmged by ret pally with DK buff ;D ) am using mage armor, imp scorch and poly glyphs, since i didnt discover anything useful for mage

the dmg heavily rellies on lucky crits, as you can get 4 instant pyros in a row pushing your dps to the skies ;D

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Hi Whiteangel. Iaana is pretty leet. You really shouldn't feel too bad.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

So...I've leveled all the way to 80. Ran Naxx last night, got an uber 1 hander and I'm thinking life is good. Then my eyes roll over to the corner of the screen where the DPS meter was I am shocked to see that im being out DPS'd by half the raid. Thinking ok, some of them scale better then mages do I wont worry about it yet. But today im in a Heroic 5 man and im getting out DPS'd by the main tank...now I'm not the best player in the world but im not a newb either, i cleared Sunwell, per nerf. I had full T6.5 and a few trinkets and neck pieces. So my question is this...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Why am i being out DPS'd by the main tank, and before you answer +hit do realize im in 5 man's and the bosses are only 83 so i don't need full hit. All I've read on the TC forums is how were pulling 3k+ DPS...the only people i see puilling 3K+ are hunters...and whie im on that subject pets are out DPSing us(me). Am I just really messing up my cast rotation or is everyone else seeing the same thing...I've asked around on my server and responses seem to be the same....so WTH?
    Oh i we have the same problem atm in our guild now when we started naxx.
    Warlocks with their fel armor and spirit buff became godmode again and hunters do insane dps.
    Even pretty much all classes do good dps.
    I been playing mage since release of wow and i didnt really like how mages came out in dps when we started swp, we got swapped out for locks most of us.
    Then wotlk came and i saw a light in the dark tunnel we atm was in for a moment.....
    after 2 weeks of naxx now i tried several speccs.
    As a JC i have been swapping gems in my gear to get my hit where i want it ofc, then max asmuch haste as possible for deep frost build.
    Then tried to regem and swap some gear for more crit when i went down the frostfire path.

Conclusion:

Either we dont scale at all now. or something is really wrong.
    We do got really good locks/hunters etc in our guild so they should be pretty much top.
    But mages shouldnt be so far back as we are atm.
    Sure we can if we have a lucky streak have some crits in a row and for a short while get decent dps. But we cant have any normal solid high dps =/. Not for the moment atleast.

So i hope things will get better in the future when gear comes along etc.
    Because i just cant play 1 more expansion as a pure dps class and get overrun by everyone else. Hope it sorts out.

/atm a pretty dissapointed mage

(not epeen'ing)
    I usually take first place in DPS in naxx... it's all about your spec man. Like mentioned, you need (0/53/18)

Spec this, your gimping yourself otherwise:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZfVc0RhIuVubhstbIccoc

This spec allows for a 315% crit chance on FFB. When i poped all my cooldowns on Patchy, my badge trinket buff popped at the same time, and i began critting for 10k+

With the right glyphs:
    -scorch
    -scorch
    -living bomb
    -FFB
    -FFB
    -FFB
    -living bomb

+ add in scorch rebuffs ad insta-pyros whenever they proc.

Theres no "oh, this spec is better because i put talents here and here, and maybe if i did this..." Don't gimp yourself man, for single target DPS, there is no other way.

For anyone who disagrees, please post, I would like to e-obliterate you, your children, and your childrens children.

15+ Year Old Account

i only disagree whit taking frostbite...what hell you do whit frost bite whitout shatter!?! ok nice if it freezes might save you but you aint getting so big use in solo pve whitout shatter(50% crit anyone?)and raiding....lets say i havent yet saw boss who freezes from frost bite
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon
    i only disagree whit taking frostbite...what hell you do whit frost bite whitout shatter!?! ok nice if it freezes might save you but you aint getting so big use in solo pve whitout shatter(50% crit anyone?)and raiding....lets say i havent yet saw boss who freezes from frost bite
    You need 5 points to reach the next tier of talents. After maxing ice floes... frostbite is the best thing in that tier since ffb is not affected by the other talent. Frostbite will proc on trash, which will help out with controlling mobs and securing a crit. Maybe not as useful as we would like, but it's the best at that tier after icy floes.

Hi, I'm actually using a 19/52/0 fire spec and I'm interested in a ffb spec, just for trying. I was wondering, what crit % do I need to have a decent dps with his spec? Thanks a lot.

Grimgrin

No you didn't Armory gives a list of your achievements and when you achieved them

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgrin
    No you didn't Armory gives a list of your achievements and when you achieved them
    If he cleared it pre-nerf then he wouldn't have an achievement for it unless he got loot from Kil'Jaeden because the nerf was introduced the same patch as achievements.

Good attempt at being smart tho...