lvl 80 warlocks let me hear ya!

Iv been 80 for soon 4 days now Im pretty sure I was second lock on our server =/ but w/e.
    So far Iv only tried out affli and well it aint me.... im destru from the heart so I strugle with affli specc atm but I see it do nice dmg and I have a good dmg output on bosses and not to mention the 5.9k ticks with Drain Soul is just to fun to see! :P

Thou Im respeccing tomorrow to destruction and I hope to see some big numbers (Crited 6.9k with a SB with affli) so I guess bigger numbers will come when I respecc...

Not done any raiding thou since my guild mates slack... I think we are 6 80s atm... so we have done some HCs and stuff and affli aint that good for those instance bosses have to little HP to really get a nice rotation off (and me stumbling over my own fingers when applying DoTs aint doing it any easier).

So what I wanted to know with this post was... how have u experienced it so far?
    Any specc not just Destru or affli and it would nice to hear from some Demo specced aswell.

Just to show how Iv specced for now and what I will specc tomorrow here they are.
    Affli: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IrxrbhrAoVi0cstZE00V
    With the rotation: SL > CoA > Corr > UA > Haunt > 3xSBs repeat (w/o Corr)

Destru: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxczsZVchqr0uVsAfct
    With the rotation: CoA > Corr > CB > Immo > 3(4)xIncin > conflag
    Maybe throw in a Soul fire in the end or more incin after a new Immo

if u got any suggestions or ideas about these speccs speak up! Im just experimenting atm.

Re: lvl 80 warlocks let me hear ya!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZfbczsxZVcGVr0uVkA0st

Best build so far that I've tried. Haunt is way to much work for a smaller dps output.

Quote Originally Posted by painkillerz
    l-i-f-e
    What is that? oO

Actually at 80 affliction will do the highest crits on shadowbolts

ruin 2x damage just like destro
    SM 15% bonus to shadow damage
    malediction 3% selfless buffer
    ISB 10%

I don't know how much spelldamage would be required for snf to overcome the at least 8% lead affliction has over destro as far as shadowbolt crit damage.... yes I know due to higher crit rating overall destro will do more dasmage with shadowbolt spam but I am taling just maximum 1 bolt crit

<----hit 80 yesterday.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Affliction:

your spec was good but i would drop the grim reach and get points into malediction as suggested before also if u can manage to work with the felhunter with points into imp felhunter its a nice dps increase and generates allot more mana then the imp

Sb > haunt > COR > Siphon life > CoA(or CoD, again, haven't tested which is better, but i'll presume CoA looking at the talents) > UA > immolate (not sure if worthwhile, was in old talents and in the new talents i believe it benefits from haunt/shadow embrace so probably worth it).

seeing as you can forget about corruption after the first cast, you're only using SB, haunt, SL, UA, Curse, immolate.

now with the CoA and UA glyphs included...

SL 30sec 1.5sec GCD
    CoA 28sec 1sec GCD
    UA 15sec, 1.3 sec cast
    imm 15sec. 1.5 sec cast
    haunt 1.5sec cast, 8 sec cd, 12 sec duration

the "rotation"

SB > haunt > SL > CoA > UA > Imm > SB > SB > haunt > SB > SB > SB > UA > Imm > haunt > SB > SB > SB > SL > CoA (next is haunt > UA > Imm and you've pretty much got the rotation)

with 0 haste, the 'time-line' of this would look something like (forgetting the first SB and haunt, so starting from first SL)

1.5 + 1 + 1.3 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.3 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.5 + 1 (33.3 seconds from start of SL to the end of the renewed 2nd CoA, and again perfect timing to renew haunt before it wears off and then renew UA > imm) the issue with this is that the renewed SL and CoA will have a 0.8 seconds downtime, which isn't to bad really (presuming your ability to cast spells the instant you can... which doesn't happen often) so you might end up removing 1-2 SBs from the rotation due to lag. but it's actually a very accurate rotation that would work perfectly if you can keep it up, it has less than 1second downtime with dot renews and every haunt is renewed before it wears off. so yeah, pretty accurate.

this actually is a fairly steady rotation.. presuming you try to only drop SBs from the rotation for whenever you have to move, everything else 'should' stay pretty regular and 'static' rotation like

Destruction

havent researched it allot yet
    since i wanna stay affliction when i hit 80

think the spec is something like 9/3/54 (with 5 points to spare)
    i know the points in your shadowdots (corr&coa) are important and a BIG part of your dps
    (i also dont see any major points in demonology which can improve dps with the neccesary 54 points in destruction)

immolate > chaosbolt > inc until 12 seconds into immolate, > conflag > imm > chaosbolt > inc with CoA and COR being kept up as much as possible
    (dont know if chaosbolt before immolate increases dps)

Some advice concerning both speccs either get the +hit% talents from both speccs or leave them since every possibly good pve specc will require affliction and destruction spells.

Hope this helps
    /end wall of text

Quote Originally Posted by Sathan
    Iv been 80 for soon 4 days now Im pretty sure I was second lock on our server =/ but w/e.
    So far Iv only tried out affli and well it aint me.... im destru from the heart so I strugle with affli specc atm but I see it do nice dmg and I have a good dmg output on bosses and not to mention the 5.9k ticks with Drain Soul is just to fun to see! :P

Thou Im respeccing tomorrow to destruction and I hope to see some big numbers (Crited 6.9k with a SB with affli) so I guess bigger numbers will come when I respecc...

Not done any raiding thou since my guild mates slack... I think we are 6 80s atm... so we have done some HCs and stuff and affli aint that good for those instance bosses have to little HP to really get a nice rotation off (and me stumbling over my own fingers when applying DoTs aint doing it any easier).

So what I wanted to know with this post was... how have u experienced it so far?
    Any specc not just Destru or affli and it would nice to hear from some Demo specced aswell.

Just to show how Iv specced for now and what I will specc tomorrow here they are.
    Affli: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IrxrbhrAoVi0cstZE00V
    With the rotation: SL > CoA > Corr > UA > Haunt > 3xSBs repeat (w/o Corr)

Destru: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxczsZVchqr0uVsAfct
    With the rotation: CoA > Corr > CB > Immo > 3(4)xIncin > conflag
    Maybe throw in a Soul fire in the end or more incin after a new Immo

if u got any suggestions or ideas about these speccs speak up! Im just experimenting atm.
    With affliction you might want to start off with Haunt as the dots after will then do 20% more damage

Not tried fire spec yet, Tried the good old Sbolt spam with CB but it was a EPIC fail. I think there will be some changes with warlocks yet... Give it time

Well since a m8 of mine is a mage I get 10% extra crit everywhere due to his scortches.. thats why I was thinking destru I get in total about 28% crit when he has his scortches up I know it should be over 30% but hey my crit got hit bad when I lvled as they did for everyone... but when I hit 80 before I respecced I tryed a demo/destru build and noticed I had over 1800 SP so with demonic aegis in destru I should have atleast 1750 or smt..

I'm doing CoE-> Haunt>Cor>UA>SL>SBSBSB and then refresh. Seems to me as the best rotation.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by painkillerz
    Get a job a gf/bf and a l-i-f-e
    wait you play the same game and your on the same forum. tbh you the one who needs to get a life instead of try to make fun of people for doing somthing they enjoy so stfu and gtfo.

i was the third lock on server to 80. been having fun running hc's quite surprised at how easy they are. ive speced aflic demo due to how bad my crit and hast are it make destro immposible atm but should be able to get some good gear soon and then back to what i love.
    I be spaming me dotzzz

Was in a group that had some server first 80's and if we didn't have first we were a close second....(we are alliance and horde owns the server population wise)

Leveled as Felguard/siphon life and had a blast but its by no means a raid spec anymore than SL/SL was.

All of us were BT/SWP geared so but those stats are now about 30% of what they were at 70 so its of little advantage. Respecc'd for heroics as 0/56/15 and it wasn't too bad. Saw around 1.7 to 2K dps on stationary burndown boss fights and even w' low'ish 25% crit pact was up almost full time. Solo'ing was still pretty easy but nukes lack punch even w' insane spellpower numbers on the character screen.

Our CoH priest was having OoM issues and our newly 80 tank was still crittable so she was balls to the wall to keep him up. Ran felhunter to help her and tried affliction 56/0/15 on the 2nd night of chain heroics. While the rotation was hectic and takes getting used to (no rotation really more of a priority) but saw MUCH improved dps. Same fights vs demo I was 2.5K dps no problem. Shadowbolt hits and crits were like the raid buffed 2.4 days. Drain soul ticks of 7K just have you aggro cringing but its a wonderful skill for when healer is oom the tank is dying and the boss is nearly dead. Had 2 nights of chain heroics that way and its clearly the dps winner.

I have not given full destro a shake at 80 yet but w/o the life regen of affliction nor the meat shield of demo I'd be hesitant to take it outside an instance since you wont regen fast nor be able to kill most mobs before they get to you. Since alot of mobs hit for 1K or better that means alot of downtime. Having far less crit and haste I just don't see destro keeping up for a fresh 80. With dots ticking for 1300 to 1500 its hard to argue that spamming 2.5 to 3K nukes will surpass it especially given how anything w' conflag eats mana like popcorn. To be fair I may try it on a test dummy. Honestly a hybrid spec would be my pick were I the nuking sort.

For affliction on bosses its Sbolt, Haunt, Corr, UA, CoA, SL......then just keep haunt on cooldown, spam bolts as possible, and refresh as things run out. Too much running and moving to have a set rotation really. (last boss of violet hold maybe) Soon as 25% hits load up dots, trinket, and DS. Trash if seed isn't an option (and below 3 mobs it shouldn't be...really below 4 mobs but ymmv) I put corr on and sbolt spam. Between nightfall and the glyph corr on multiple targets yields lots of procs. If its two mobs I load up both w' dots and bolt down the 2nd as the first is dying fast.

Re spec...drop reach and fel conc they don't add to your dps and range isn't an issue thus far. Spell pushback has been changed so fel conc isn't necessary anymore. Depending on your tank DS may/may not be needed. Amp curse is great for tab dotting. Wouldn't go any further into eradication so 2/3 is fine. I really like malediction...its 3% dmg boost to you passive and when no boomkin its a great party buff to have. Once you start naxx you'll need the extra hit so 3/3 sup is almost a must have. Dark pact is a love it or hate it. PVE I don't find it needed given the regen we have and imp life tap but PVP I'd say its a must have when tapping is just too risky. Given the sometimes chaotic nature of undergeared heroics it might work there too but that is down to personal play style.

If you have to go destro I'd NOT do that build for a few reasons. Try http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IbZcxc0cZVcGVr0uAsAfcz That's basically the conflagging version of what I used through SWP. CoA/Corr up for MC, Immo, incin spam, conflag, SBx3 (or CB+2 SB) and using CB on cooldown. I was never a huge fan of conflag....it was always around 6% overall dmg even at 50% crit rate. CoA does a good bit of dmg and is your single best friend for MC uptime. Your dps will live/die by conflag timing. Your imp is a driver of your critrate. I'd almost consider a hybrid demo/destro build first.

If you went http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcxczsgMq0stZVcGVR0uV You would have a whopping 20% to crit chance from skills so w' the gear you likely have somewhere around 35 to 40% crit rate on nukes. You'd get a nice bit of spellpower too. Your mana efficiency would be bad though so figure in a good bit of tapping which cuts dps and strains healers.

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqiel
    Affliction:

your spec was good but i would drop the grim reach and get points into malediction as suggested before also if u can manage to work with the felhunter with points into imp felhunter its a nice dps increase and generates allot more mana then the imp

Sb > haunt > COR > Siphon life > CoA(or CoD, again, haven't tested which is better, but i'll presume CoA looking at the talents) > UA > immolate (not sure if worthwhile, was in old talents and in the new talents i believe it benefits from haunt/shadow embrace so probably worth it).

seeing as you can forget about corruption after the first cast, you're only using SB, haunt, SL, UA, Curse, immolate.

now with the CoA and UA glyphs included...

SL 30sec 1.5sec GCD
    CoA 28sec 1sec GCD
    UA 15sec, 1.3 sec cast
    imm 15sec. 1.5 sec cast
    haunt 1.5sec cast, 8 sec cd, 12 sec duration

the "rotation"

SB > haunt > SL > CoA > UA > Imm > SB > SB > haunt > SB > SB > SB > UA > Imm > haunt > SB > SB > SB > SL > CoA (next is haunt > UA > Imm and you've pretty much got the rotation)

with 0 haste, the 'time-line' of this would look something like (forgetting the first SB and haunt, so starting from first SL)

1.5 + 1 + 1.3 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.3 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.5 + 1 (33.3 seconds from start of SL to the end of the renewed 2nd CoA, and again perfect timing to renew haunt before it wears off and then renew UA > imm) the issue with this is that the renewed SL and CoA will have a 0.8 seconds downtime, which isn't to bad really (presuming your ability to cast spells the instant you can... which doesn't happen often) so you might end up removing 1-2 SBs from the rotation due to lag. but it's actually a very accurate rotation that would work perfectly if you can keep it up, it has less than 1second downtime with dot renews and every haunt is renewed before it wears off. so yeah, pretty accurate.

this actually is a fairly steady rotation.. presuming you try to only drop SBs from the rotation for whenever you have to move, everything else 'should' stay pretty regular and 'static' rotation like

Destruction

havent researched it allot yet
    since i wanna stay affliction when i hit 80

think the spec is something like 9/3/54 (with 5 points to spare)
    i know the points in your shadowdots (corr&coa) are important and a BIG part of your dps
    (i also dont see any major points in demonology which can improve dps with the neccesary 54 points in destruction)

immolate > chaosbolt > inc until 12 seconds into immolate, > conflag > imm > chaosbolt > inc with CoA and COR being kept up as much as possible
    (dont know if chaosbolt before immolate increases dps)

Some advice concerning both speccs either get the +hit% talents from both speccs or leave them since every possibly good pve specc will require affliction and destruction spells.

Hope this helps
    /end wall of text

about the rotation: you might have missed that UA even with glyph still has 1,5 sec "casttime" due to GCD (afaik the glyph doesnt lower the GCD on UA). oh and you must have miscalculated something. it should be like .6 oder .1 not .3 (everything .5 or .0 but UA which is in rot 2 times (2*0.2 less) so .0-.4 or .5-.4

Hmm, I actually had 2 questions.
    First of all, is immolate really worth it in an affliction rotation? Not done the math, but it seems like adding another cast time into the already bloated rotation wouldn't be worth it, especially since we have no buffs for fire damage.
    Second, is the malediction spell power buff only when CoE is up?

First post, woot

Quote Originally Posted by Pingy
    Hmm, I actually had 2 questions.
    First of all, is immolate really worth it in an affliction rotation? Not done the math, but it seems like adding another cast time into the already bloated rotation wouldn't be worth it, especially since we have no buffs for fire damage.
    Second, is the malediction spell power buff only when CoE is up?

First post, woot
    no, the spellpower buff from Malediction applies at all times. it affects the Spellpower number on your character sheet, that is all.

And yes, Immo is worth it. Because of Haunt, the DPCT is massively higher than another Shadowbolt... particularly since Haunt adds 20% damage to the initial damage of Immolate as well as the ticks. I just tested it extensively last night when i noticed my Immo hit for 780 or so when its usually down in the 500's.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcxczsbZichqM0uqoAcst

My desto fire spec at 80. I'd have loved a few more points in Unholy power but I'm still not convinced the imp's mana can cope with it, plus I have the imp glyph and all the other talents. I wanted stuff like demonic aegis because I like having a lot of spell damage etc, and fel domination for caster and cheaper casts.

As for desto - points in imp. SB as filler talents (also if you get immunity bosses/ interrupts... guess what you can switch to SB), shadowfury and shadowburn as I'm on a pvp server and feel "naked" without some instants to spam, plus I maintain that desto pvp is the most fun thing ever. Also have a point in nether protection for the same reason, although shadow priests and fire mages aren't nearly as fun as they used to be with the old nether protection.

I don't bother with intensity as with the new changes to spell push backs I don't think its worth it, and no demonic power as your Imp runs /oom so fast anyway you aren't doing him any favours by giving him haste .

Well at level 80 my pvp spec would be
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=060317000000
    tell me what you thinks

btw i think a destro spec with out a instant seduce is point less

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea
    Actually at 80 affliction will do the highest crits on shadowbolts

ruin 2x damage just like destro
    SM 15% bonus to shadow damage
    malediction 3% selfless buffer
    ISB 10%

I don't know how much spelldamage would be required for snf to overcome the at least 8% lead affliction has over destro as far as shadowbolt crit damage.... yes I know due to higher crit rating overall destro will do more dasmage with shadowbolt spam but I am taling just maximum 1 bolt crit
    SnF gives +20% on your SBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuck
    SnF gives +20% on your SBs.
    no it doesn't it raises the spell power coefficient toraise it from @86% to 106%

so in other words it adds an additional 20% of your spellpower say you have 1500 spellpower this would increase your shadowbolts by about 300.