New Feral Druid AE

Attack of the squirrels!

EPIC!

Discuss...

Re: New Feral Druid AE

Haha, I DEMAND SQUIRRELS!

"Play with Food: Unleashes all of the squirrels in your stomach that you are storing for the winter. Amount released depends on remaining energy or rage. They will attack all enemies who attack their house for the next 10 seconds. 20 Second Cooldown."

:P

Deleted

Well, if we are a bit serious, that idea might actually work. Imagine something like:

Call the Wild, level 80

A massive flock of birds ascends around you, attacking enemies for x damage every second for two seconds.

They could even use the raven effect that is on the raven priests in Dragonblight. That would be neat.

If they would (please) go for an effect that isnt already in the game, then it could be as the boss in Gundrak, that summons a bull that runs in from the side and damages and knocks back, only this version is a pack of feral cats that run through the enemy in the direction you're looking (but ultimately will just damage in the same area as arcane explotion).

That would be SUPER cool, and the damage isn't hard to scale at all. The cats are really just an effect, but imagine how awesome it would look to have cats run through AoE'd mobs. Heck, i can even imagine running towards someone in PvP, and then using Call the Wild just before going into stealth. The cats would not be completely solid - they would be somewhat transparent.

Comments?

EDIT: Wrote more..

They'll probably just end up doing something stupid like, instead of "Fan of Blades" something along the lines of "Wind of the Claw"

Weaksauce :-/

Aye, an impending army of squirrls would be awesome - BUT

You want to channel in cat form? Doubt it

Fire and forget? Like starfall perhaps? Then you'll be doing poor AoE because you'll still be able to attack etc and they'll have to scale back to acccount for that.

I am not convinced it is needed, but if they do it I feel it will be difficult to balance.

Koumaru

The Nutcracker
    50 Rage
    Channeled
    Requires Bear Form or Dire Bear Form
    You don a tu-tu and ballet shoes, then proceed to spin around in place kicking all nearby enemies in the groin for 6 seconds.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Haha some nice ideas there, hope to see the Nutcracker live

what if a bunch of house cats came out and started purr-ing and rubbing up against your enemies legs?

15+ Year Old Account

I personally want to see an aoe ability for feral cats that would mimic "Pestilence" for Death Knights, only it would cause your bleeds to spread to each target. Maybe reduce the damage to get rid of OPness, but I could see it happening.

That is being serious though, for fun, I'd want an ability like:

"Cat Fight"
    40 Energy

Causes the druid to channel the bitchy teenager within, hitting all targets in a radius of 10 yards for 500 unavoidable damage. Only usable in Cat Form.

Sadly, I see it farm more likely that we'll get something like Swipe(Cat).

Hmm, funnies...
    "4 da ALAMO!"
    Requires Cat FOrm
    Unleash you're inner lolcat, causing 1000 damage to all enemies within a 10 yard radius. Confuses all enemies who can speak disorienting them for 6 seconds. After using this ability you will speak in lolcat until you leave Cat Form. It is now Caturday. 30 second Cooldown."

Edit: FOAR MOAR LULZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    I personally want to see an aoe ability for feral cats that would mimic "Pestilence" for Death Knights, only it would cause your bleeds to spread to each target. Maybe reduce the damage to get rid of OPness, but I could see it happening.

That is being serious though, for fun, I'd want an ability like:

"Cat Fight"
    40 Energy
    Cat Scratch Fever?

15+ Year Old Account

lol. I didn't say it had to be a disease.

If Blizz holds true to form, the feral AoE will likely end being something like Lynx Rush from Zul'jin. That attack would mimic the rogue's ability "Killing Spree" (or is it murder spree? or whatever the 51 pt combat talent is).
    Christian Slater is the best actor of his generation. There, I said it.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, if Blizzard held true to anything they did or say, rogues and ferals would NEVER get an AOE, so don't count on it.

They're doing so reluctantly, but their hand was forced. The encounters they designed and the gameplay they've created has more or less made it a requirement. Good for them.
    Christian Slater is the best actor of his generation. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Well, if we are a bit serious, that idea might actually work. Imagine something like:

Call the Wild, level 80

A massive flock of birds ascends around you, attacking enemies for x damage every second for two seconds.

They could even use the raven effect that is on the raven priests in Dragonblight. That would be neat.

If they would (please) go for an effect that isnt already in the game, then it could be as the boss in Gundrak, that summons a bull that runs in from the side and damages and knocks back, only this version is a pack of feral cats that run through the enemy in the direction you're looking (but ultimately will just damage in the same area as arcane explotion).

That would be SUPER cool, and the damage isn't hard to scale at all. The cats are really just an effect, but imagine how awesome it would look to have cats run through AoE'd mobs. Heck, i can even imagine running towards someone in PvP, and then using Call the Wild just before going into stealth. The cats would not be completely solid - they would be somewhat transparent.

Comments?

EDIT: Wrote more..
    The bird thing is already present in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.. but yeah, it's awesome
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

It could be just random critters sort of like a hunter snake trap you summon them and then they follow you around for 15 seconds and attack anything that comes within 10 yards of you.