The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

3.1 Will Bring New Prof Recipes - Educated Guess

There have been a number of posts (see thousands) regarding each professions distinct lack of polish towards the 450 mark. It's my guess that we have not seen the final "release" of all the profession recipes and gear craftings. Most notably are items that were seen in Beta but have yet to present themselves in Wrath.

I believe that 3.1 will bring the remainder of the profession recipes.

Re: 3.1 Will Bring New Prof Recipes - Educated Guess

What are you basing it on to make it an educated guess? Seems more like a common wild guess to me! :P

Not saying that it'll not happen, it may... Hell, I hope so.

Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Given the lackluster high-end recipes in Wrath, I would agree that there has to be something else coming in a future patch. If nothing else, we're sure to see some epic gems and jewelcrafting currently has no cuts, so that would help an educated guess to assume that there will be more added.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLWaffles
    What are you basing it on to make it an educated guess? Seems more like a common wild guess to me! :P

Not saying that it'll not happen, it may... Hell, I hope so.
    Lol, not wild at all. Consider:

BS/LW/Tailoring have no epic craftable sets.
    JC has no epic cuts
    Enchanting has no wands, etc.
    Eng still sucks (oh wait . . . )
    Inscription is missing all the new glyphs (blue mentioned this though, so other explanation is possible)

3.1 should finish them all off and leave us relatively happy.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    JC has no epic cuts
    are there epic gems already?

nope... no epic gems or epic gem recipes, but I'm sure there will be some in the future raids.

Yeah, you only need to look at Jewelcrafting (and really BC) to see that will happen. However for which professions it will happen to is up to debate. Also, the system in place is largely incomplete which is horrendous for a retail release and doesn't leave many people hopeful for the system to get better with coming patches.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mistrblank
    the system in place is largely incomplete which is horrendous for a retail release and doesn't leave many people hopeful for the system to get better with coming patches.
    The system currently in place is FANTASTIC - no more god damn world drop only for JC recipes just as one great example.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva
    nope... no epic gems or epic gem recipes, but I'm sure there will be some in the future raids.
    there are epic gems. but those are BOP for the JC himself.

Lol, not wild at all. Consider:

JC has no epic cuts
    Enchanting has no wands, etc.
    Eng still sucks (oh wait . . . )
    Inscription is missing all the new glyphs (blue mentioned this though, so other explanation is possible)

3.1 should finish them all off and leave us relatively happy.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61177
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Yes, they'll add new recipes, that's a given. Will they add all the ones you referrred to in beta at or before patch 3.1? Who knows? A few maybe but many of the major content patchs have added recipes.

The expansion is wonderful but in some regards does feel rushed I'll agree. Some may disagree with me (and I don't really care), but I suspect that their schedule was expedited when Warhammer Online came out as well as parents are more willing to buy a product before or for X-mas than after, which was not the case with the Jan. 17th, 2007 release of TBC. A whole bunch of players sitting around bored waiting for WoTLK to come out are more prone to check out other MMOs and perhaps even like that MMO more. I tried, I really liked, I just happen to like WoW more.

Overall though I do like the recipes I've seen for Blacksmithing. Warrior dps atm but always am keeping my eye open for tanking gear. I like that a half way decent introductory set that is BoE (so even when I make it, if I get a drop that is better I can throw the original piece on the AH....assuming I didn't already equip it) with decent stats on it.

Blacksmithing has epic weapons and items.

Not sets but there wasnt a craftable EPIC set in tbc either, was greens and blues but no epic apart from resistance gear

The system currently in place is FANTASTIC - no more god damn world drop only for JC recipes just as one great example.
    One aspect of one profession fixed that is the only profession that can be seen complete with upgrade path through the expansion right now does not make for the rest of the game, and in particular the profession aspect, being feature complete.