Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question for spriests

Is there a talent, ability or something passive that turns a portion of spirit into spell damage and if so what is it?

Thanks

Re: Question for spriests

Twisted Faith (talent) - 10% of our spirit = spellpower.

and also Improved Spirit Tap.

Thanks, we had a spriest pitch a fit last night that he should be able to loot;

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40430

much to the aggravation of the holy priest and resto druid.

There is also glyph of shadow (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42407) so yea, spriest might want that trinket.

That seems kinda dumb for a shadow priest to try to take that over someone else. 180 spirit * 10% = 18 spellpower, plus a bit more if you have the glyph. The old Darkmoon Card: Crusade gave us 80 spellpower at a full 10 stacks. Tell your shadow priest to go do their homework.

So if I'm reading it correctly, it looks like 20% of spirit to spell power with procs.

So a full stack of the buffs on that trinket would equal 180 spirit, equaling 36 spellpower and some nice regen.

The guys a bit of a loot whore and I can see where it may be a decent trinket for him but I think I'd rather have that my guilds healing druids and priests.

Spirit is the worst scaling stat for spriests, no reason he should be needing that trinket.
    That would be akin to a dps war grabbing tanking gear with heavy armor simply because he spec'd into Armored to the Teeth.

Utterly shit trinket for any shadowpriest. Must have been a noob , and thus no surprise a ninja as well.

Spirit is a lovely stat for us now, as opposed to basically worthless. But it's not worth more than straight spellpower, or crit, or haste... I mean, Spirit is what we now see on our gear and go "Cool, thanks Blizzard, that'll help", and then throw good gems/enchants on it. =P

We actually need the Spirit regen for raiding.

I'm going OOM like a madman in Naxx25.

A big part of that's that you're still in Sunwell gear, rather than blues or the like. Sunwell gear has precious little for regen stats on it, unlike simple blues or ilvl200 purple. Someone just entering raids for the first time after having replaced every slot won't face nearly the mana issues as people in T6 or Sunwell gear.

Err, yes they will. I got more spirit on my current gear than alot of the blues I've seen drop. And there's mp5 on the T6 pieces.

They will however, most likely have alot larger mana pole. Also it's unlikely that new blue geared players will zerk strait to the end of Heroic Naxxramas after just 3-4 days of being level 80.

We're just pushing our gear to the limit, Naxxramas ain't as easy as the people, who haven't been there, go around and say it is.

Exactly - bigger mana pool. That means more intellect. And intellect is twice as good as spirit is for straight regen. For every 1000 extra mana someone has because they're in blues, they're gaining 10mp5 on your purely because of how Replenishment works, on top of better regen simply because of the regen formula. Add in the possibility of frost mages and (more likely) resto shammies, and it turns out your mana pool means quite a bit.

But they would still do lesser dps, so it's a moot point.

Screw potionsickness tbh, it fucked over shadowpriests more than any other dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

Screw potionsickness tbh, it fucked over shadowpriests more than any other dps class.
    QFT, not so much fucked as inconvenienced. Stuck popping dispersion and shadowfiend in sticky situations.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    QFT, not so much fucked as inconvenienced. Stuck popping dispersion and shadowfiend in sticky situations.
    I got to the point of having to use Shadowfiend at 75% , Mana potion at 25%, Shadowfiend again at 0% and then Dispersion at 0% and possible Shadowfiend one time more just before the fight ends.

We typical pop Bloodlust at 10-20%, and but I typical end up wanding most of the time.

I had 0 mana during the entire Bloodlust on Grobbolus

My point was in relation to your comment
    - "We actually need the Spirit regen for raiding.
    - I'm going OOM like a madman in Naxx25."
    While that's true now, once we get the gear we're actually supposed to be wearing on not low-regen Sunwell/T6, mana issues should drop dramatically. And that spirit is not the way to increase your regen.

Trust me taking a little less spell power to get better regen wont make your dps terrible it's how you play the class that makes you terrible.

I got to the point of having to use Shadowfiend at 75% , Mana potion at 25%, Shadowfiend again at 0% and then Dispersion at 0% and possible Shadowfiend one time more just before the fight ends.

We typical pop Bloodlust at 10-20%, and but I typical end up wanding most of the time.

I had 0 mana during the entire Bloodlust on Grobbolus
    If you new when to actually use your cooldsowns you wouldnt be oom so much so l2play your class and you'll be fine ^_^

And hostile ignorant answers help alot, indeed.

Cooldowns are rather situational in Naxxramas, example is it hard using Shadowfiend when Heigan is on the platform and do AoE damage, and it also often dies on Grobbolus.

The percentages was roughly examples based on how much mana it regenerates.
    Often I save mana potion for later so I could use a health stone if it comes down to being more nessary to survive than dps.

And Dispersion is best to use during movement, again Heigan is a prime example, using it during the dance is so much better than a shadowfiend.

Getting the Shadowfiend glyph would help in Naxxramas, but noone on my realm have discovered it yet (1 Northrend discovery a day).

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    My point was in relation to your comment
    - "We actually need the Spirit regen for raiding.
    - I'm going OOM like a madman in Naxx25."
    While that's true now, once we get the gear we're actually supposed to be wearing on not low-regen Sunwell/T6, mana issues should drop dramatically. And that spirit is not the way to increase your regen.
    Yes I absolutely agree, but it seems more beneficial to gear up mages that do 1k more dps.

So I think there's some balance/design mistakes regarding shadowpriest dps scaling when gearing up.

Firstly, I wouldn't use that trinket personally, however the distinction between healing loot and dps loot has certainly blurred in recent times.

Keep in mind that about 5 spirit is worth 1 spellpower and shadowpriest.com has the trinket listed at number 11 and considering plenty of spriests have communicated problems with their mana pools, it may not be as stupid as it looks on the surface.

Blizzard stated that they didn't like players stacking 1 or 2 stats and they wanted people to balance the need for mp/5 for less direct damage stats...

And before you shoot me down in flames read the first sentence again, i'm just saying people are going to need to start thinking a bit more open mindedly.