Looking for Addon suggestions

I'm working on vastly improving my UI, and I have a detailed idea of what I need it to do. The only problem is that I have had a hard time finding Addons that do what I am looking for. Below are a few of the things I'm searching for, if you know of something that comes close, please let me know.

Minimap changes - I am looking for an addon that allows me to only show my minimap while out of combat. I have tried sexymap and simpleminimap and have not found an option for this.

Chat panel changes - I need something that allows me to make chat and combat text panels extremely plain, and when I hover over them I can use my mouse scroll wheel to flick through.

Distance measurement - I am playing without any action bars visible, is there an addon that tells me the distance between myself and my target? Im baffled that I have never seen one of these, would be extremely useful for positioning in various encounters.

Thank you for any help!

Re: Looking for Addon suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rodobson
    Chat panel changes - I need something that allows me to make chat and combat text panels extremely plain, and when I hover over them I can use my mouse scroll wheel to flick through.
    what do you mean with "extremly plain"?
    for the scrolling thing: chatter and prat both do this.

devil_bane

I grabbed ChatScroll and ChatTimestamps for my UI. Paired with FluidFrames it lets me put the chat window and combat window anywhere I like and mouseover and scroll. I ripped them out of the final release of CosmosUI, and have had 0 issues with them at all.
    You *should* still be able to get the single addon parts of Cosmos here:
    http://cosmosui.org/addons.php

Screencap of my current UI in use:
    http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8610/uisi3.jpg

The chat and combat boxes are empty, but you can see where they sit in the lower left.

I used to use Target Range for the distance measure. It was great, but I have not needed it for ages. It is listed as "WotLK compatible" though.
    http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=4795

Additionally, if all you need is a tool to show if a target is in heal range, etc, X-Perl DOES have that built in. When a target is out of range, the target or Group status box gets a "Hand" icon along one edge. And X-Perl is just an amazing addon all around.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/xperl.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by devil_bane
    I used to use Target Range for the distance measure. It was great, but I have not needed it for ages. It is listed as "WotLK compatible" though.
    http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=4795
    I think he means an addon which draws a circle around your character and shows the radius or something like that.

Thanks for the help guys.

I got Prat up and running very much to my liking. My text box issue has been solved.

I will try Target Range, it sounds like it may be what I'm looking for. I want a real time counter that measures the distance between me and my target, and displays as just a number. I read on some other forums that this may not exist or be deemed "legal". Anyone know?

As for the minimap, I still have not found an addon that makes the minimap hide when in combat. This seems like such an easy and obvious option, seeing as how every bar addon can do this. Maybe I just missed that option in the addons I've tried.

Hopefully I can get a good screen up in the next day or so.

As for the minimap, I still have not found an addon that makes the minimap hide when in combat. This seems like such an easy and obvious option, seeing as how every bar addon can do this. Maybe I just missed that option in the addons I've tried.
    Which bar addon does this?

I'm currently using Bartender4, and there is a visibility tab associated with each bar. There are options like hide when possessed, always hide, hide in combat, etc.

I'm currently using Bartender4, and there is a visibility tab associated with each bar. There are options like hide when possessed, always hide, hide in combat, etc.
    oha, that's it for , never used it, thanks

With all the various way you can be put in combat and all of the places this could happen why would you want this? More curious then anything.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Distance measurement - I am playing without any action bars visible, is there an addon that tells me the distance between myself and my target? Im baffled that I have never seen one of these, would be extremely useful for positioning in various encounters.
    Deadlyboss mods and Big Wigs will often give you a spacing box in fights where spreading out is essential.

I recomend titanpanel. Gives a nice little heads up display, and you can move almost all those mod icons that are cluttering up you minimap onto it.

I am definately getting FuBar to help clean up some buttons, thank you for the Titan panel recommendation, I will try it if FuBar doesn't work out.

I want the minimap to have a central location on my screen. I often miss nodes and available quests, and I think it makes a nice focal point. But I never need it while in combat, so it just gets in the way.