Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: SW:D Part of dps rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Not super helpful in most rotations, the only time it really is nice is as an opener snce it grants you 2 stacks of Shadow Weaving.
    Which will be fixed in the next patch though (together with the mindflay ticks bug) according to blues.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Which will be fixed in the next patch though (together with the mindflay ticks bug) according to blues.
    So it was never intended? That sucks :/

Do MF give SW stacks per tick, or per application? I'm pondering about to use two-MF ticks instead of the SW then.

15+ Year Old Account

Nah, MF is a "dot" therefore it only gives a sw stack upon casting.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Well, since it got partial misses and partial crits like Arcane Missiles, it could be possible :-)

We should ask Blizzard to change it so MF gives 3 stacks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Well, since it got partial misses and partial crits like Arcane Missiles, it could be possible :-)

We should ask Blizzard to change it so MF gives 3 stacks.
    Yeah, but MF is freaking fucked up anyway. You know that unholy Deathknights bone shield? 4 shields (5 with glyph I think), 1 min CD. As long as one shield is active he gets -40% damage. Each damage done removes a shield. But alas not each dot tick removes a shield. So mindflay for 3 seconds removes 1 single shield. Meh!

I'll take a wild guess and say a single penance cast removes 3 shields, just as arcane missiles do. Gonna have to try that out once arena season starts (just cannot see me staying shadow for arena, although I'll try and hope).

Even so.... it does that now, so should be used as an opener.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Even so.... it does that now, so should be used as an opener.
    I fully agree with that.

I scraped SWD almost fully out of my rotation and i liked it , atm i get more just spaming another MF then pushing SWD ... the only current use i have for it is as a weave stack or just ninja de KB on a boss

here is a report from last? patchwerk

http://wowwebstats.com/33egwsb5q4qhy...54283&a=x83ee4
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

<---- OP

Interesting comments, thanks for all the responses.

Another question regarding Heroism.

Do you either:

1) Continue normal rotation
    2) Chain cast only mindflay
    3) Different combination?

(Note this is for static fight like Patch, not asking about fights that involvment movement/aoe/etc....)

Keep DoTs up as well during Bloodlust, but don't waste GCD on SW no matter if you like it or not.

Moar Mindflay is bettah.

Using Shadow Word: Death as part of an "on cooldown during entire fight" might not be all that great a DPS increase, I will admit. But I have three points:

One: Fallback's nothing to be scared of, we know this. That's what healers are for (just have to be smart to not hit it right before an AoE or whatever).
    Two: It's still instacast, fights where you have to remain mobile, instant damage is greater than 0 dps while running.
    Three: While it might not be that great of a DPS increase all the time, if you glyph it, the added 10% under 35 is pretty hot for "execute phase" where fire mages start to take off, warriors&ret's catching up at 20.

So, if you're standing still dps (patchwerk), and the boss' health is 35 < X < 100, well then maybe you shouldn't use it. But under 35% is a definite reason to add it to a rotation.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeah, but MF is freaking fucked up anyway. You know that unholy Deathknights bone shield? 4 shields (5 with glyph I think), 1 min CD. As long as one shield is active he gets -40% damage. Each damage done removes a shield. But alas not each dot tick removes a shield. So mindflay for 3 seconds removes 1 single shield. Meh!

I'll take a wild guess and say a single penance cast removes 3 shields, just as arcane missiles do. Gonna have to try that out once arena season starts (just cannot see me staying shadow for arena, although I'll try and hope).
    Bone Shield has a 3.5 second internal cooldown, it will always last a minimum of 10.5 or 14 seconds. Unholy is stupidly OP right now, I love my alt one.

i don´t use swd in my dps rota

my rota looks like this:

1: vampmakro:
    #showtooltip Vampiric Touch
    /cast [nochanneling] Vampiric Touch
    2:swp
    3: Blastmakro:
    #showtooltip Mind Blast
    /cast [nochanneling] Mind Blast
    4: Plague
    5: Flaymakro:
    #showtooltip Mind Flay
    /cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind Flay;

then I renew vampmakro and plague and use blastmakro and mindflaymakro on cd

btw, in recount and wws I am mostly top 3

[nochanneling] have zero effect on non-channeled spells, such as Mind Blast and Vampiric Touch.

Putting [nochanneling] on all your spells keeps you from casting *any* spell as long as you're channeling something, doesn't it? In other words, ideally you'd never clip Flay?

However, with the say Flay is bugged it doesn't matter, because the last tick happens roughly ~.5sec after you're done channeling and so it gets clipped anywho. Even when it gets fixed [nochanneling] means you're losing damage because you can't take advantage of the spell queue at all.