Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Upcoming Warlock Summoning Change

Quote Originally Posted by unravelled
    Remove the cooldown and call it good
    sure ok, then remove it from Ritual of Refreshmenet too, or make the table last the duration as the cooldown, like with the new warlock summoning.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    Warlock gets a buff that improves ONLY his quality of life, doesn't even affect combat PvE or PvP in any way whatsoever.
    You could've replaced 'Warlock' with 'Mage'.

Anyhow, my comment was to an unhappy warlock that wants more, when he's been giving a good buff.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xaria
    I'm not so sure what's so nice about this change.
    All it does is making your guild members even more slacky. They will probably send 3 locks to the instance, roll a dice and they can summon the whole raid together >_> and for summoning 1 or 2 late commers this chance has nearly no effect.

But heck, maybe im just too cynical.
    Oh.. so I'm not the only one who doesn't see this as a very good or useful change! :P

It won't save me many shards. Usually the raid gets summoned at the meeting stone... now it will get summoned inside the instance (just to avoid some random horde interrupting the summons). So far that makes me use more shards than before!
    Then there are the summons during the raid and those usually don't require summoning more than few people. So lets say we save a shard or two on each summon. And those happen few times during the raid.

If you need to summon more people because they come to raids unprepared then that is a problem with your guild and not your summon spell!

In best case I'll save a couple of shards per raid. Big deal. I'll just drain them from the trash.
    Oh... and since you'll now need to 1) make the summon stone and 2) use it... this means: more clicking (for those who actually click the portals).

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    I have a couple scenarios I wanted to discuss in relation to this new change:

Scenerio 1: Warlock A has Party Members B and C help create the "summon stone". Party Member C decides to log out and a new Party Member C comes along in party. Will he be able to either be summoned or use the stone?

Scenerio 2: Warlock A has Party Members B and C help create the "summon stone".
    Warlock A decides to leave the party. Party Members B and C invite a new Party Member D. Will Party Members B and C still be able to use the "summon stone" to summon Party Member D?

And will there be a level requirement to summon people using the new "summon stone", or did they have that removed? I ask that because I remember being able to use the summon stone that I wasn't able to previously use in the past because of my level, i.e. the summon stone @ Scholomance, to do an achievement.
    Scen 1: If the stone only requires 2 members in your party once created, flexing players in the party to use it shouldnt be an issue (within the 5 minute duration)

Scen 2: We've had party members continue to use the mage food table after the mage logs out. Dont see how the mechanic would be any different

Level reqt: I think saying it was like an instance summoning stone was a way to describe it as a physical clickable object on the ground that was independent of the warlock. Warlocks have no level requirements on their summoning spell, so I wouldnt expect any on this conjured stone version.

Honestly, Blizz should simply wipe out the ones on the permanent stones -- legitimate 5-mans in pre-BC content are so rare that these stones are pretty worthless now.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondTear
    What if you move and want to summon a person to the place you moved to within 5 minutes?
    ^^This.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    sure ok, then remove it from Ritual of Refreshmenet too, or make the table last the duration as the cooldown, like with the new warlock summoning.
    The two situations are not even close to equivalent. If you couldnt cast conjure food or conjure water while your table was down, then it would be the same. But you can, so its not.

Ritual of Summoning is the one and only spell, and it currently has no cooldown. The change basically means you can still always summon, but the location you do the summons from will remain the same for 5 min (unless another lock is in the party to set up another location).

ooo sweet idea! This definitely will help with my warlocks life style