Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Money Making Profession for Wotlk?

Currently i am mining/engineering, i know mining will get me a fair amount of income once i get it maxed out. Engineering on the other hand is it worth keeping? I haven't seen or heard of any profitable things I can make if I get it maxed out... Any suggestions?

Re: Best Money Making Profession for Wotlk?

Same as TBC, Usually the gathering Professions will be the big money earners i.e Mining, herbing, Skinning.

Although With Engineering - Mekgineer's Chopper :P

mostly pre-wotlk i would just farm motes of air all day in nagrand and sell stacks of primals and if i happen to spot a khorium vein i get the ores and just sell the bars. I made most of my epic flyer money with that routine. And the chopper looks freakin nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganator
    lol @ anyone that falls for this
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by crimross55
    Currently i am mining/engineering, i know mining will get me a fair amount of income once i get it maxed out. Engineering on the other hand is it worth keeping? I haven't seen or heard of any profitable things I can make if I get it maxed out... Any suggestions?
    Looking at Engineering for gold making is like dating Paris Hilton for the conversation. Engineering is all about fun.

If your an AH junkie! Hand down enchanting!!! Ive made over 2000g alone already just de'n ppls crap that post to low.

Gathering profs are awsome if ur doin alot of farming, minings payed out abit better then herbalism for me so far.

If your a insane farmer tho I can see your crafting profs pulling in some decent cash.

Myself, I prefer minimal input, maximum profit. So gathering is secondary to ah trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoo
    Engineering is all about fun.
    Really? What level do you find it at, because it's not there as of 431.

Really? What level do you find it at, because it's not there as of 431.
    Then stop leveling it? lol its a game!

I lvled skinnin from 0 - 375 in 2 hours, then i went to BT an followed peps around skinnin their mobs ive made a shed load. Borean leather = 30g per 20 on my server i vote LW. Minin you gotta look around for node LW follow people nickin there kills xD

Quote Originally Posted by stanpeed
    I lvled skinnin from 0 - 375 in 2 hours
    impossible :-X
    skinning= 1,5sec cast 1,5sec*375 = 562~ wich is about 9 hours and also you gotta consider travel time and some failed attempts.

sry :

Mining will always be the superiour gathering profession for making gold.
    (Dis)Enchanting will always be the superiour crafting profession.

Been like that for 3+ years now :-)

When you get the ability to solo certain dungeons, you can earn *tons* of gold with disenchanting.

Quote Originally Posted by MantowEr
    skinning= 1,5sec cast 1,5sec*375 = 562~ wich is about 9 hours
    Uh

1.5 seconds * 375 casts = 562.5 seconds

562 seconds / 60 (seconds/minute) = 9.375 minutes

9 minutes != 9 hours

Spellhaste works on Herbing, does it work on Skinning too?

Quote Originally Posted by MantowEr
    impossible :-X
    skinning= 1,5sec cast 1,5sec*375 = 562~ wich is about 9 hours and also you gotta consider travel time and some failed attempts.

sry :
    your mathematic's teacher fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Spellhaste works on Herbing, does it work on Skinning too?
    There is no more spell haste, it is a single all inclusive haste stat for all modifiable attacks (gathering?) .

Quote Originally Posted by Zherod
    your mathematic's teacher fail
    i was counting dog years!

So far I've made about 1k gold selling fish in the last 3 days, and before coming to work, i put about another 1k worth of fish. Been selling a stack of Glacial Salmon for 110g a stack, Musselback Sculpin for 100g per stack, Moonglow Cuttlefish for 200g per stack,and Imperial Manta Ray for 80g per stack.

I have mining and it's currently a gold mine, the first few days of wotlk a stack of Saronite bars sold for 400g, now it's around 200g but it's still alot compared to how easy you gather it, made around 15k last 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by stanpeed
    I lvled skinnin from 0 - 375 in 2 hours, then i went to BT an followed peps around skinnin their mobs ive made a shed load. Borean leather = 30g per 20 on my server i vote LW. Minin you gotta look around for node LW follow people nickin there kills xD
    Thats pretty darn fast. Others have caltulated how long the total cast time is, but I would turn it arround and look on how much time you have for each skill.

2hours = 120min = 7200sek / 375 = 19,2sek pr skill.

This will include travel time, kill time, trip to trainer, trip to mailbox/bank, and what ever. And you need to loot everything from a mob before you can skinn, this takes time to + you need to deal with crap loot some how.

Having all this in mind, I find it really really hard (almost impossible) to maintain a skill point each 20sek.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganator
    Same as TBC, Usually the gathering Professions will be the big money earners i.e Mining, herbing, Skinning.

What does the chopper look like? I really like my TBC one and was really hoping to get the hog but it's horde only :-\ If it's the big, ugly thing like from the quests where you get to fly some plane like thing, I'm keeping my old one.

But on the subject, I have mining and engineering too and in TBC, the gathering proffessions were the worst money makers. I even dropped mining then for JC, for the trinket. The thing with gathering is, you have to farm which takes time and is boring. While engi doesnt seem like a big moneymaker. I'd suggest dropping mining at level 80 instead and taking inscription, JC or enchanting. That way you wouldn't have to do anything except maybe 15-30 minutes in the AH every day and you'd make more than with gathering.

I just retook mining since my alt warlock has JC and has all the patterns from TBC so it would be kind of pointless to have 2 characters with the same proffession.