Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best Money Making Profession for Wotlk?

The Horde has: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...mechanohog.jpg.
    The Alliance has: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...erschopper.jpg

There is no TBC version of those. Chopper in this case means motorcycle, not helicopter.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    Thats pretty darn fast. Others have caltulated how long the total cast time is, but I would turn it arround and look on how much time you have for each skill.

2hours = 120min = 7200sek / 375 = 19,2sek pr skill.

This will include travel time, kill time, trip to trainer, trip to mailbox/bank, and what ever. And you need to loot everything from a mob before you can skinn, this takes time to + you need to deal with crap loot some how.

Having all this in mind, I find it really really hard (almost impossible) to maintain a skill point each 20sek.
    When I levelled skinning it took multiple skins for a skill point from 300 to 375 (don't know how much exactly, 3-5?). So even considering this I think it's pretty impossible to level skinning from 1-375 in 2 hours. So what he said was bullshhhht.

On-Topic: Mining makes me a ton of money. I sold cobalt bars for 7g a piece the entire week. Saronite is even better. And selling your titansteel cd can make you a couple 100g every day for a few seconds of work. I also sell all my frostweave cloth on the ah. Always for 2g or more a piece. All these people levelling their tailoring and first aid keep buying it. I decided to wait with that for a few weeks and make a lot of money out of frostweave before the market colapses like it was with netherweave cloth.

IT does not take several skins per level IF you are skinning animals of Yellow/Orange dificulty. Infatc on orange its 100% and about 90% on yellow.

As for doing it in 2 hour. EASY. 0 to 150 will be a joke at level 70. A mages molten armour and they will commit suicide againt you in 2 hits. 150 to 300. Yes perhaps you might have to hit Arcane Explosion twice to kill mobs. And 300 to 375. Hit Negrand and 2 shot anything that moves assuming your arse has 1000+ Bonus SP.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by Nookz
    When I levelled skinning it took multiple skins for a skill point from 300 to 375 (don't know how much exactly, 3-5?). So even considering this I think it's pretty impossible to level skinning from 1-375 in 2 hours. So what he said was bullshhhht.
    omg someone stretched the truth on the internet? ALERT THE POLICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    IT does not take several skins per level IF you are skinning animals of Yellow/Orange dificulty. Infatc on orange its 100% and about 90% on yellow.
    While this is true most of the time, once I hit outlands I did have to skin multiple times per skill point. Yes I was killing orange mobs, and yes I can confirm that for whatever reason, once you hit outlands, those mobs do not guarantee a point per skin, even at orange. I power leveled skinning a couple weeks ago, and you can EASILY get from 1-325 in under 2 hours as that is how long the movie my wife was watching was :P Another 10 or 15 minutes waiting for a summon to the nexus and I was high enough level to skin the dragonkin in there.

As the person below me mentioned...this may have changed int 3.0. I don't remember when I leveled skinning the first time as I was doing it while leveling so I was 375 before I left HFP regardless...but the orange = 100% chance is no more in outlands Northrend it goes back to 100% chance, but the HFP mobs are stingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    This might have changed with patch 3.0. But I'm 100% sure that 300-375 takes several skins per skill level EVEN if the mob is yellow or orange difficulty. So I was right, except if they changed it with 3.0 which I don't know since I levelled it way before that.

Between 2 70's, pre-wrath, mining, herbalism and JC bought me 2 epic flyers and gold left over. When the patch hit, I dropped mining on my hunter, pally still mines, and picked up inscription and have made even more gold. However, majority of my gold came from prospecting ore and cutting gems. JC is a great money maker, but it takes quite a bit of money to level. Now, there is a JC daily that gives tokens so you can buy patterns in Dalaran. Also, the weapon and armor vellums turn quite a profit, I usually only sell major glyphs for 2g and minor for 5g but the vellums I sell for 20 - 40g a stack depending on the market. I have even been tipped for making them when the person provided the mats, 250g for 44 vellums. Also, making the greater darkmoon cards of the north seems to be a moneymaker, they are just a little harder to gather for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nookz

On-Topic: Mining makes me a ton of money. I sold cobalt bars for 7g a piece the entire week. Saronite is even better. And selling your titansteel cd can make you a couple 100g every day for a few seconds of work. I also sell all my frostweave cloth on the ah. Always for 2g or more a piece. All these people levelling their tailoring and first aid keep buying it. I decided to wait with that for a few weeks and make a lot of money out of frostweave before the market colapses like it was with netherweave cloth.
    This was the state of the economy in the first couple months of TBC as well. Gathering professions made a lot of money as the prices were greatly inflated by demand, specifically demand from players that want to make item x or level up skill x asap. The prices will stabilize then crafting will of certain items will be the money maker especially as more people get into raiding and need the best jewels, enchants, etc for their gear they are not replacing after a couple heroics. Then of course there are the AH trolls. Not my thing but I know some people absolutely love it and swear by it.

That makes the question of, "what is the best money making profession in WoTLK" a bit vague. It will vary at different times, around different world events/season events, different content patches introducing new gear/craftables etc etc. But yeah, I doubt engineering will top that list ever =P.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    The Horde has: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...mechanohog.jpg.
    The Alliance has: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...erschopper.jpg

There is no TBC version of those. Chopper in this case means motorcycle, not helicopter.
    OMG, I love you! I really thought it was the big ugly bulky flying helicopter thing. Thanks! I was already trying to figure out how to get some hordie to put it into a neutral AH.

i'm a skinner and miner. on an average day if i stop to mine every node and skin every chance i get while questing, it can earn me about 500-700g. not the biggest amount of money earned but better than nothing. but in the end, alot of money making depends on server economy.

i have skinning and it's doing job quite good in northrend, loads of dead stuff to skin and from time to time I can find arctic fur which sells for 70g for piece, also farming shoveltusks is fast and painless as i need to aoe the heard skin move to anoother.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zherod
    your mathematic's teacher fail
    not only the teacher^^
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I have made thousands of gold leveling up my Leatherworking in WotLK, which is doubly surprising because it would usually COST gold to break skill plateaus in classic and BC.

I'm nearly 450 and casually farm gold each day by buying 2 x Artic Fur for 60g each and 2 x worm leather for 25g, then selling the epic armor patch for 250g-280g on the AH, two at a time. Easy money.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)