Thread: Pally's at 80

Pally's at 80

Hey Guys,

Quick Question, Im lvling as Ret Atm and would mind staying Ret when hitting 80. Is the DPS when 80 able to keep up with other DPS classes in PVE. Or is Holy or Prot the way to go.

Thanks

Re: Pally's at 80

Obviously leveling as ret is the most common and easiest spec.

Level 80 DPS, your gonna be on the low end of the damage dealers, unless you
    actually go out of your way to really try or your just damn good, then you can be up there.

If there are no people knowing you're a good ret pally, you might still have problems finding a group, whereas prot (more than holy on my realm) you'll have it easier.

all i can tell you is that listenning to all those retards on mmo-champion forums will give you a very bad idea about WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkanus
    If there are no people knowing you're a good ret pally, you might still have problems finding a group, whereas prot (more than holy on my realm) you'll have it easier.
    Since the ret buffs i haven't had any trouble finding groups, at 70, while leveling, and now at 80, It's great that ret is being excepted as a dps class now.

I find we always have too many healers wanting to come... and from what I've heard lately holy paladins are having difficulty healing 5 man heroics...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilscrappy

actually go out of your way to really try or your just damn good, then you can be up there.
    I would argue the "easiest" comment. Prot has a very easy time levelling now, finishing the "group" quest solo, and has an easy time picking up groups for the instances along the way. It's a seesaw depending on how you want to play.

I leveled my paly from 60 to 70 ret recently and now i'm swapping over to prot for 71-80.

Holy on the other hand just sucks for leveling.

im ret @80 atm...

only thing to out dps so far with normal pulls is a hunter with a sunwell bow and brutal...

only thing to come close while doing huge prot pally gather pulls was either the prot pally (lol),frost mage spamming blizzard or a boomkin spaming hurricane. but even those i get way in the lead on boss fights

Actually, I'm still seeing ret top meters via button mashing.

ya its def not low end, and im not talking on undead mobs only...

if youre not top dps and you have epics or 77+ blues you should probly go back to holy...

The same can be said for anyone. A hunter that only steady shots is not going to top meters against equal geared DPS just because hunters are topping boards elsewhere. Assuming equal effort put in and equal gear, the ret pallies I've seen have not been on the low end at all.