Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Time-Lost Proto-Drake Spawn time

I've heard many things about the Time-Lost Proto-Drake's spawnrate in storm peaks, some say its 6 hours, others say its 12, others have said 5 days. I saw it get killed 2 days ago (november 19) just as i came back from AFK over the blue proto-drake area.

i have opened a GM ticket, only to find that they're swamped with tickets, so it'll be a while before i get anything out of a blizzard employee.

anyway, has anyone already spoken to a GM or know the spawn time of the drake?

any info is appreciated.

Re: Time-Lost Proto-Drake Spawn time

A lot of people are saying he CAN spawn after 6 hours. Not saying he will after that time, but has the "option" too.

Really doubt a gm will help ya with it though. :\

Drake was killed 10 mins. ago and friend told me that after 10 or 20 hours later he will spawn agan :S dunno

It can spawn between 6 hours to 3 days, it's all random no exact time.

his spawn time is "lost" >_>

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran
    It can spawn between 6 hours to 3 days, it's all random no exact time.
    Source?
    /thread

i found out what a random spawn timer is back when my hunter was camping Rak to tame.

He CAN spawn after six hours. But it'll be some random point between 6 hours and a few days.

you wont find him by setting a timer, and logging on right at 6 hours

1 day a week. Share spawn with two more different rare mobs too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Seav
    1 day a week. Share spawn with two more different rare mobs too.
    No, only 1 other mob, Vyragosa,he doesn't share a spawn with Dirkee.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Stop posting facts out of your asses.

The only confirmed fact is that he spawns in Storm Peaks, most likely in Engine of the Makers.
    No one has the 100% confirmed fact that he spawns at 12:01 and killed at 12:05, so he'll spawn back at 18:06, it's all speculation.

Want to help test it ? Go park your guild in the spot he spawns and wait for him, time it too.

About the shared CD with other Rare Elites, it could be, but again, a guess.

They wont post blues on spawn times of rare mobs...

its rare and random.. best to hope your waiting will pay off. could be 10 mins, could be 10 years, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz
    The only confirmed fact is that he spawns in Storm Peaks, most likely in Engine of the Makers.
    No one has the 100% confirmed fact that he spawns at 12:01 and killed at 12:05, so he'll spawn back at 18:06, it's all speculation.

Want to help test it ? Go park your guild in the spot he spawns and wait for him, time it too.

About the shared CD with other Rare Elites, it could be, but again, a guess.
    Thats also the only fact that will stay confirmed for quite some time.. as long as he is farmed like he is atm, we'll have a hard time to get data confirmed on him :P

Since he is most likely dead within 10 mins after a spawn, you'll need to be lucky to catch him to confirm his spawntimer.

RARE MOBS SPAWN RANDOM TIMES, THEY DON'T SPAWN LIKE NORMAL MOBS EVERY 5MIN/10MIN/1H. But does the chance to spawn increase after time goes on, or does they spawn when some mobs are killed or is there different kind of mechanisms/times on different rares, dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos
    RARE MOBS SPAWN RANDOM TIMES, THEY DON'T SPAWN LIKE NORMAL MOBS EVERY 5MIN/10MIN/1H. But does the chance to spawn increase after time goes on, or does they spawn when some mobs are killed or is there different kind of mechanisms/times on different rares, dunno.
    First post and already thread necromancy, gj.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

The respawn time for rares is entirely random.

I killed Durkee 3 times in the span of an hour. Two of those times were 5 minutes apart and the same location.

Basically there is always a RND aspect to spawns and Blizzard will *never* give out the factors that cause what to spawn when.

With all the folks trying to get this mount or being insanely lucky... cheers to them. I know some folks who have been trying to farm this drake since day 1 of the WoTLK. Always on when the realms come up on Tuesday etc and always flying all over Storm Peaks with their special macro to tell them if TLPD is near with a raid warning alert.

Some other folks are OMG lucky and actually stumble across the dragon and get a kill.

With all the randomness of his spawn time that folks have theorized and also that he can spawn in many locations, combined with the fact that he flies high and such. Odds of you or me being able to farm him and get him within a relatively short period of time is very very unlikely.

I think a long term commitment and alot of luck will help folks get it,.. but again.. this is just my take getting a TLPD.

I've seen posts of him Flying high above BrunnHildar Village and Also that he was Killed only an hour after Vyragosa was killed. So yes...the whole 6- whenever Spawn timer is ludacris. Totally, Totally, Totally Random. Best of Luck getting him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davyn
    No, only 1 other mob, Vyragosa,he doesn't share a spawn with Dirkee.

He should be, since blizzard has said that only one rare spawn can be present in an area at a time.

The Response to /end thread:
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

If it works like any other rare spawn he would have a spawn timer ranging from

1 sec to 16 hours