Sheath of light - Reckoning bomb exploit again?

Is sheath of light supposed to be stacking like it is currently? Is there a cap to how much it can stack?

Anyone else see a problem with this?

Edit: 220 views , but no replies. Hmmm....ill explain it a little bit. Basically, you can spec into both sheath and holy, stack crit and go into an instance and stack up, hmm say 25k ticks? and then spam FoL on whoever is helping you......mana issues, i think 15% base mana every 8 seconds should cover this, along with divine plea considering it isn't the direct heal that matters, but rather keeping sheath up.

Re: Sheath of light - Reckoning bomb exploit again?

... I'm not sure I get what you mean.

yea neither me... why would you spec that deep in ret just to went as a heal bitch... makes no sense... even if you'd like to be shocka, that deep is jsut... useless

Stacking to 25k ticks is impossible except for on paper, the most you'll see from actual application would be 1/10th of that.

I like your total lack of cognity regarding the talent though, as to get a 24k tick (1k less than you propose) you'd have to spam 12k hp HL crits which restored 12k hp (0 overhealing) each crit twenty times in a row to get that number on a tick even if it did ride and reset all previous stacks.

It doesn't ride the previous stack, the most you can stack is as many as can be casted until the 12 seconds is up, then the first crit affect falls off. Even if you had monsterous crit, its still not worth it. With crit as high as necessary to literally ride the stacks up constantly you'd only get overhealing (ie. pure loss) on the ticks as the tank would be full hp constantly.

That and unless the tank is taking 4k dps regularly every second you won't even see the affect of it proccing if you're FOL spamming, and the only thing you'll be left with is a huge FOL overheal, or a tick on the sheath that doesn't proc as the tank is full hp.

On paper, it might be OP, in reality it's far from it as no situation exists in which it can be exploited to its fullest.

In actual application, as I've healed all normal instances so far in ret spec and had recount on the entire time from level 70 to now 5% until 80, the largest sheath tick was 1900's. And that was 1 tick of it from a double crit on back to back holy lights during first boss U:HoL. What made it tick so hard was the tank taking a massive amount of burst and both holy lights landed for almost full amounts.

If it becomes a problem it'll be nerfed before you can say "OH THIS IS NICE!", so no... I don't see a problem.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Balls
    Stacking to 25k ticks is impossible except for on paper, the most you'll see from actual application would be 1/10th of that.

I like your total lack of cognity regarding the talent though, as to get a 24k tick (1k less than you propose) you'd have to spam 12k hp HL crits which restored 12k hp (0 overhealing) each crit twenty times in a row to get that number on a tick even if it did ride and reset all previous stacks.

It doesn't ride the previous stack, the most you can stack is as many as can be casted until the 12 seconds is up, then the first crit affect falls off.  Even if you had monsterous crit, its still not worth it.  With crit as high as necessary to literally ride the stacks up constantly you'd only get overhealing (ie. pure loss) on the ticks as the tank would be full hp constantly.

That and unless the tank is taking 4k dps regularly every second you won't even see the affect of it proccing if you're FOL spamming, and the only thing you'll be left with is a huge FOL overheal, or a tick on the sheath that doesn't proc as the tank is full hp.

On paper, it might be OP, in reality it's far from it as no situation exists in which it can be exploited to its fullest.

In actual application, as I've healed all normal instances so far in ret spec and had recount on the entire time from level 70 to now 5% until 80, the largest sheath tick was 1900's.  And that was 1 tick of it from a double crit on back to back holy lights during first boss U:HoL.  What made it tick so hard was the tank taking a massive amount of burst and both holy lights landed for almost full amounts.
    To be honest lol (at me)

I understand now. The old 'crits' wear off? As in the first heal will be gone after 12 seconds, and therefore you can only have 12 seconds of this OPness on paper, which isn't really possible. I'm not sure what drove me to think it would be possible, as i remember reading all this stuff from the beta :S. My bad lol, at least blizzard thought about it this time

Let this thread die :P