Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Unholy DPS Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by patcheypoo
    I like the one ending in SS-SS-SS-DC-DC. Because that is pretty much all that's left to do with the runic power issue. There's a site that has a rotation like so, I'm unsure if it's quite best...everytime I use my unholy blight it produces too much threat for me. http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1jms.png

DPS from the little knowledge I have is seriously fickle. I can pull 20 k on a target then the next target I'm in 1.2k which is nutty but it depends, I think someone in the beginning said something like that too. I don't know a lot so sorry just saying what I think. That rotation I linked may not be the best, anyone use that?
    Way to resurrect a thread from November 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by Daamus
    LOL at rotations, everyone knows taht a good dps'r changes his rotation according to the find and mob pull. idiots
    We're talking about tanking rotations here not dpsing, which btw if you don't use a rotation when you dps then I'm willing to bet you're one of those awfull players that can't out dps the tank.

Aaanyways I've had the same problem for a very long time myself, death knights as tanks are one of the most misunderstood classes in the game, there are so many fail rotations out there it's not even funny, I've been tanking since I made my dk and I can honestly say you need to open with death and decay on multiple mobs, anything else simply will not pick up on multiple mobs quick enough and unless you have dps willing to wait patiently on you to spread diseases(I don't) they are going to pull if you don't open with dnd.

After dnd is down it should not be used again in the fight if possible, death and decay takes up alot of resources and can really limit your ability to hold threat, it's only good for picking up threat quickly, not so much for holding threat after the fight has begun. so you need to follow up with it>ps>pest>blood boil>howling blast. It is essential to dk tanking that you keep diseases up at all times on all mobs, so you will need glyph of disease. This always works for me, and I'm an undergeared 80 tank who tanks heroics. obviously tanking is more complex than dpsing in nature, so you may need to use something other than this rotation from time to time(boss summons adds, you may need to throw down dnd again etc..) but I get by with that rotation for the most part.

Playing a death knight tank is the most enjoyable thing to do in WoW for me anyway, holding threat by keeping dots up is really fun to me for some reason

as a frost DK tank, my rotation seems to work out nicely.

D&D,IT,PS,PEST,BB,HB,FS then repeat from IT.

i never drop D&D again in a fight unless i have bloodtap or empower rune wep up to counter act the loss of runes.