Thread: Hit Cap

Hit Cap

Does anyone happen to know the raw hit rating we need(not the percent) to be hit capped, with and without elemental precision.

I'm taking a guess and saying around 420 without elemental precision, 300 or so with.

Re: Hit Cap

it's on wowwiki, but I believe 342 with precision and a draenei buff. 447 with no talents or draenei.

15+ Year Old Account

afaik its 431 without talents and racial

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

366 if you have either Elemental Precision or Arcane Focus.

arcane focus just applies to arcane spells, and if u spec into that ur obviously silly since arcane is soooo bad for pve where hit cap is so vital

Deleted

Arcane is actually pretty nice in PvE if you know how to play it. I'm not claiming to be an expert but so far my playstyle hasn't made me respec due to low damage output.

ABarr & ABla is my current rotation, the Barrages prevent the blast debuff from stacking. When Missile Barrage procs I fire off my missiles and resume my normal rotation.

Every 2 minutes I go mental and pop Trink, PoM, AP and Mirror Image =D

On short fights I would agree it isn't the highest ePeen spec, on the longer lasting fights Arcane mages score high.

I'd experiment later on with allowing the Arcane Blasts to stack to 2 debuffs, but atm my mana regen does not alow that.

Not to undermine your statement Grimlor, but I'd love to see a number of different raid stats. From fire, frost, arcane, and frostfire specs. Not one, but multiple. Just to have an overview of how the specs do overall in a raid environment.

It sounds like all specs are pretty much on par, and none is left behind leaving a major gap between certain specs. Of course there's always the 'cookie cutter' spec that outperforms the rest. But having the option of actually playing what (spec) you like and still keep up with everyone else would be great.
    I for one love frost. Vanilla times were great. If it proves to be a good raiding spec I won't feel the need to spec (frost)fire just for the good of the raid.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Heres the rundown.

at 80, you need 26.2 points of hit rating for 1% hit.

You need 17% to cap hit percent.

you have access to 1 relevent talent for 3% (elemental precision or arcane focus)
    If you are a draeni you get a free 1%, you also get that if grouped with a draeni.
    if you are in a raid with a shadow priest of moonkin, you should get another 3%.

you need the following numbers to cap your hit rating:

Draeni with the right talents and a raid buff (10%): 262 hit rating
    Non-draeni with the right talents and a raid buff (11%): 288 hit rating
    Draeni with the right talents and no raid buff (13%): 341 hit rating
    Non-draeni with the right talents and no raid buff (14%): 366 hit rating
    Dont have the right talents or a raid buff: Respec and get your talent

So you need to aim for around 300 hit rating, with a little room if you are a draeni or regularly have misery or improved fairy fire to work with.

-Moon

Edit: heh, missed a % on maths, fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by moongleam
    Non-draeni with the right talents and no raid buff (14%): 341 hit rating
    but 14*26.2=366.8, not 314
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Quote Originally Posted by Nthpower
    but 14*26.2=366.8, not 314
    fixed it, thanks for the heads up

-Moon

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    Not to undermine your statement Grimlor, but I'd love to see a number of different raid stats. From fire, frost, arcane, and frostfire specs. Not one, but multiple. Just to have an overview of how the specs do overall in a raid environment.

It sounds like all specs are pretty much on par, and none is left behind leaving a major gap between certain specs.

Totally agree. Just made my arcane defense to the "since arcane is soooo bad for pve" statement of the poster above me.

But yeah, we need to wait for some WWS-es to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Totally agree. Just made my arcane defense to the "since arcane is soooo bad for pve" statement of the poster above me.

But yeah, we need to wait for some WWS-es to become available.
    Arcane is heavily underperforming in almost every wws you can find, unfortunately.
    If both mages are equally good, the frostfire spec will beat the arcane by a solid 10% or more.
    That said, as an arcane spec, I routinely beat other mages, but when I am going toe to toe with mages that I beat before 3.0 but are still good fire mages, I cant top them. And frostfire is even more effective at scaling so I dont see that changing without changes, preferably to arcane blast.

-Moon