Thread: Spell Bugs!

Spell Bugs!

Have you noticed bugs with the following spells?

Living bomb doesnt explode, when someone is mounted or/and is more than 50 ft. away. Other dots doesnt seem to stop, because you run away..

Blast Wave doesnt always knock people back, for example when the stun hits, they seem to stay in place.. Think that needs to be fixed as well. No reason they cant be knocked back and stunned simultaneously.

Maybe its just me, but I've paid attention to it several times, always the same thing with these two spells.

Re: Spell Bugs!

Another annoying thing, in BG and a higher level lock comes by with Fel Intellect and cancels your Arcane Intellect.. soooo annoying.

iLive

Sometimes when i use Iceblock while under attack, my Iceblock disapear like i have pressed the buff to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Sometimes when i use Iceblock while under attack, my Iceblock disapear like i have pressed the buff to go away.
    You probably hit the button twice if you are a clicker or pressed your keybind twice if your keybound. Pressing it twice will cancel the IB.

iLive

Quote Originally Posted by Hephastis
    You probably hit the button twice if you are a clicker or pressed your keybind twice if your keybound. Pressing it twice will cancel the IB.
    Oh, ty man! I am a clicker when it comes to Iceblock ^^

Another bug I forgot to mention is Blink, which is supposed to cancel stuns and bonds.. can't blink out of certain pally and rogue stuns for some weird reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaeth
    Another bug I forgot to mention is Blink, which is supposed to cancel stuns and bonds.. can't blink out of certain pally and rogue stuns for some weird reason.
    Gouge and Repentance by any chance ? There not stun's but incapacitate's, which are under a different mechanic.

Blast wave not alway's knocking people back could actually be they resisted the knockback.

Dunno on the living bomb one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidie
    Gouge and Repentance by any chance ? There not stun's but incapacitate's, which are under a different mechanic.

Blast wave not alway's knocking people back could actually be they resisted the knockback.

Dunno on the living bomb one.
    Can they seperately resist knockback, even if the spell hits normally? Seems a bit odd. Oughta be an all-or-nothing thing, if you resist the spell you resist all, and the other way around.

I havent got the names of the stuns rogues and paladins do, I just watch the icon where it says "stunned". If it says stunned, it should be possible to blink out of it, right? Has someone out there experienced the same flaw?

Well the spell has two different mechanic's. First it does fire damage, then it also knock's them back and dazes them. It's not an all in one, so yes they can resist the knockback/daze yet still take the damage. Look more closely next time and see if they take a daze, the daze part of it will be linked to the knockback effect. If they get dazed still then maybe there is a bug but i'd wager there isn't . It's like this for alot of spell's. Warrior one's come to mind, thing's like intercept/shockwave/conc blow. All have a damage portion and a stun portion. People can be damaged by them but can resist the stun effect.

What make's me think that its the gouge and repentance is because you only mentioned rogues and pallies it happen's with when almost every class has a stun of some kind yet you never mentioned those and it would be highly unlikely this bug would only occur with pallies/rogue's and i'd wager your combat addon is interpreting them wrong and calling them stun's when they are incapacitate's

Quote Originally Posted by Aizenji
    evocation cast is cut when you talk with a npc (can't turn in quest while evocating)
    Because evocation is supposed to be some kind of meditation state where you supercharge your mana again, you can't talk to people while in this meditation without loosing your concentration . That being said, I never use evocation when it's not really necessery. Most quests aren't handled in places where i really need to evocate, there are exceptions ofcourse but so far I don't see a big problem here.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

When you have clearcasting and Arcane Potency (+30%crit) and cast Slow, the Arcane Potency is comsumed

I can confirm that I can't blink few seconds right after I got stunned by paladin's hammer of justice. Didn't noticed about rogues' stuns but this Paladin's one is the problem. Maybe it's dispel resistance but it just seems broken.
    Sorry for my english

There are a lot of mob stuns that cant be blinked out of. Basilisk debuff named 'stun' no less if I recall was one of the annoying ones.

-Moon

u should read better the skills after the 3.0

now HoJ prevent spellcasting for 3 sec
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Quote Originally Posted by Nthpower
    u should read better the skills after the 3.0

now HoJ prevent spellcasting for 3 sec
    Yes you should read better. It says "interrupts spellcasting" not "prevents spellcasting". It's just interrupt not a silence. So why I can't blink out of it then?
    Sorry for my english

If you received the hammer during an arcane cast, this school is locked for 3s : you won't be able to blink for 3s... aka you're dead

Or you Iceblock...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.