Atomica

New Paladin Mechanic/Skill

I've got some ideas on new paladins skills, balanced and viable.

[Retribution] Divine Calling 1 Minute Cooldown

The paladins call's upon a divine light, refreshing the cool down of your Avenging Wrath
    as well as all Blessing, and Hand Spells. If this spell is used while a friendly target is
    in the radius of one of your auras they gain the effect "Holy Justice", increasing there
    movement speed by 20% and removing all movement impairing effects.

[Retribution] Faithful Judgement 2 Minute Cooldown

The paladin rejoices causing his next Judgment to be a critical strike. This spell also grants
    the effect, "Fissure" which causes the target to drop to his knees every 10 seconds for the
    20 seconds. This effect shares a cool down with Divine Favor.

[Holy] Hand of Rejoice 2 Minute Cooldown

Places a hand on the party or raid member, causing three Shield's of Divinity to rise from the
    ground. This effect absorbs three physical attacks and counter's magical attacks with 10% of
    damage caused.

[Holy] Righteous Ground Passive Obtained at level 80

Your consecration now deal's 50% more damage over time and in turn heals party/raid members
    for 100% of the damage dealt while in the radius of the consecration. Enemy target's are also
    slowed by 30% while in the radius of you consecration.

[Holy] Catapult of Light 10 Second Cooldown Obtained at level 80

Launches a giant ball of Holy Light at a friendly target, this spell heals the same amount as a
    Flash of Light but in turn heals the target and all friendly's within 10 yards for x amount over
    10 seconds. This spell also causes Holy Overload causing them to glow with Holy energy and
    increasing their chance to hit with all spells and physical attacks by 5% for 30 seconds.

Warning:This spell causes high threat

Atomica

Re: New Paladin Mechanic/Skill

Also thought I'd post these separate, these are two that would help paladins out alot.

[Holy] Light's Reflection Instant Cast No Cooldown [HoT]

Heals the target for X amount over 18 seconds, can be dispelled and purged.

Simple but exactly what a Holy paladin needs.

[Ret] Justice in the Beholder 20 Second CD

Blinds the target interrupting the targets spell cast and or weapon attack, aswell
    as silencing the target for 2 seconds and stops them from casting any spell in that
    school for 3 seconds.

devil_bane

[Retribution] Divine Calling 1 Minute Cooldown

The paladins call's upon a divine light, refreshing the cool down of your Avenging Wrath
    as well as all Blessing, and Hand Spells. If this spell is used while a friendly target is
    in the radius of one of your auras they gain the effect "Holy Justice", increasing there
    movement speed by 20% and removing all movement impairing effects.

Neither balanced nor viable. Basically, once per minute you get a "Free" AW. This means 2x in a row on a Ret Pally. That's bad. Additionally, a "Get out of snare" for any ally in your aura is worse. In arena, this is very much a game breaking mechanic.

[Holy] Hand of Rejoice 2 Minute Cooldown

Places a hand on the party or raid member, causing three Shield's of Divinity to rise from the
    ground. This effect absorbs three physical attacks and counter's magical attacks with 10% of
    damage caused.

A HoP with damage reflection. Why?

[Holy] Righteous Ground Passive Obtained at level 80

Your consecration now deal's 50% more damage over time and in turn heals party/raid members
    for 100% of the damage dealt while in the radius of the consecration. Enemy target's are also
    slowed by 30% while in the radius of you consecration.

Group... Heal... Effect...
    Holy Pally is a single target super-healer. It's what we do, and we do it better than anyone else. This effect is never going to be available, and it should not be available even to a HOLY pally. It should ESPECIALLY not be available to a tank or a DPS build, and you could be giving it to BOTH.
    "Prot Pally looking for 4 DPS. No healer needed, I have Atomica's Consecrate and Judge Light on all targets. Come on Rogues, lets mash Heroics all night!!!"

[Ret] Justice in the Beholder 20 Second CD

Blinds the target interrupting the targets spell cast and or weapon attack, aswell
    as silencing the target for 2 seconds and stops them from casting any spell in that
    school for 3 seconds.

This made me laugh. Alot. Hammer of JustStop is now an interrupt. Ret has Repentence. Why the hell would you think Ret needed THIS?????

And now, my FAVORITE.

[Holy] Light's Reflection Instant Cast No Cooldown [HoT]

Heals the target for X amount over 18 seconds, can be dispelled and purged.

Simple but exactly what a Holy paladin needs.

You made this old man laugh until it hurt. If Blizz moved Sheath of Light (a RNG heal over time, based on Crit!) so deep into the Ret Tree you have to effectively BE a full Ret pally to get it, what in the name of Tunare would make you think they would ever give a Holy Pally a HoT on demand???

Give pallies a 20 yard range single target taunt.
    Class is perfect in all 3 builds.
    Nothing else is needed.

Atomica

As said before a Paladin has room for improvement, but currently Ret just does not have enough interrupts while being mana efficient. Protection paladinsare fine at the moment but Holy paladins need a hot dammit, even if it requires a minimum of 51 points in the Holy talent tree. Having played a Holy paladin in arena I can tell you its a giant pain in the ass.

Every class in the game can lock down your heals like they didn't exist and there's nothing a paladin can do but LoS like a bitch. But oh wait don't they're heals also require them to be in LoS of they're ally target. Holy Paladins heals and dps is broken, Retribution just needs more interrupts, aswell as a bit of a DPS boost. Don't ask me how but they're a bit under par atm. Just like TBC a Retribution Paladin is highly reliant on gear.

I also never said that it would be a good idea to implement all these skills, but at least some of them. Shamans are meant for group heals yet there single heals got boosted. So why the hell not a Holy Paladins group heal's be boosted or increase there single heals a bit more. You could make it so Light's Reflection can only be used after a FoL is cast on the target to balance it out I guess. Either way a Paladins utility needs more work.

With the exception of righteous ground, these are all hilariously OP abilities for PvP.

Righteous Ground holds the spot of the hilarious OP PvE ability

devil_bane

Okay, Holy gets damage back into it's seals, and all pallies get a single target taunt.

As of the patch these changes go live, all 3 specs have 100% of everything I have asked for. And you know what? If pallies had ANYTHING else added, we'd be impossibly overpowered.

All the changes you listed here are just ridiculous. Have you actually looked at the abilities your pally has, and considered the scale of them versus the cooldowns involved? The ability set here you have come up with is INSANE in it's raw power and the cooldowns for such powerful abilities are almost nothing.

It's not just that any one of these "utility tools" you want would be class breaking, it's that every single one is class breaking and would be overused to the point of exclusion of all current abilities. On top of that, crap like "Catapult of Light" would make pally healers into something of a "DO NOT RAID WITHOUT 2!!!!!" class. And that's unfair across the board.

I did not just arbitrarily shoot your ideas down out of meanness. I LOVE being a pally, I play all 3 specs and consider myself skilled in all 3 roles. If there was another change needed to make the class competitive I would be among the first to rally for it. But there is just nothing else needed.

As far as Arena goes... yes Pally is very reliant on gear. But then, so is every other class in the game at this point. In Season 3 my pally was sitting at 12k HP, 11K mana, 496 resil in full PVP gear. That was with S1 shoulders, S3 chest and legs, and a mix of other S1/S3 pieces. I was spec'd for Sanctuary for damage reduction. Were my spells still subject to lockdown? Sure. But I had enough HP/Armor/Resil/Reduction to survive a lockdown. If they were focused on ME they were not killing the Mage or Rogue I ran with, and therefore I did not need to cast heals on anyone else. Did I feel gimp for being locked down? I dunno, do you really think my opponents THOUGHT I was gimp when 3 of them could not get me dead before the silence faded and I bubbled/healed?

Moral of the story: yes, as a holy pally you ARE gear dependent. But you don't HAVE to have top-end best-available gear to be damn hard to kill. Does it take effort to get decent gear? Yes. Do you have to play hard to win fights? Yes.
    But if you want to play a game that takes no effort at all, please, find another game and take every other lazy "Give me shit for free NOW!" scumbag with you. Honestly, I think the players with brains have had quite enough of all them.

Finally, if you think you need a heal over time to heal properly... then Pally was never the right class for you.

Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

devil_bane

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin
    I think ret's should have an ability that increases their armour contribution from each item by 500%, and also their max mana so that they can tank without a shield. Increase the duration of DS to 1 hour, give us an ability that instant kills any rendered targets on the paladins screen then boosts all our stats by 400%. I think this is fair. Also, a ranged attack, I saw a mage kill something from range and it is so unfair that they can do that and a paladin can't, I demand that Blizz do something about this.
    At the risk of sounding like a moron, I am going to have to agree with all but one thing.
    If we follow your design for Ret, Righteous Defense must ALSO have a 1 hour duration on the mobs. Otherwise it would be quite impossible to tank while in the 1 hour duration bubble. And a tank that cannot tank is just no good.

Add the 1 hour duration Righteous Defense and this plan is exactly balanced!

Give Pallys this baby!!

Amplify Damage
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=39095
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Atomica

I agree all these skills are useless. But I still do believe paladins need a pummel/ES/cyclone effect, just to have a better chance against healers, and Im confused on why tank paladins need a taunt...what about Righteous Defense.

devil_bane

Quote Originally Posted by Atomica
    I agree all these skills are useless. But I still do believe paladins need a pummel/ES/cyclone effect, just to have a better chance against healers, and Im confused on why tank paladins need a taunt...what about Righteous Defense.
    *puts his sarcasm away and looks all serious for a few*

The reason every endgame-raiding guild that uses Prot Pallies has been screaming for a single target taunt is a "niche" situation.

Example: You have 2 mobs that need to be tanked. Both hit really really hard. You have 2 Prot Pally tanks for this event. Pally #1 gets both mobs agroed on him. Pally #2 must peel just one off before #1 is dead.
    Pally #2 uses RD. Both mobs are on him. Pally #1 uses RD. Both are back on him. Raid wipes.

Example: 2 Pally Tanks, same 2 mobs. Pally #2 uses his high-threat attacks to try to pull one off his friend. HIGH threat would be HotR (hits 3 mobs), SotA (hits 3 mobs) and PallyShieldSlamBitch. Meanwhile Pally #1 is ALSO using his highest threat attacks to hold agro on his chosen target as DPS lays into it... Once again, HIGH threat would be HotR (hits 3 mobs), SotA (hits 3 mobs) and PallyShieldSlamBitch. At the end of these 2 rotations, the only difference in threat would be the Shield of the Righteous, and one shield slam per target is not likely to do the job.
    Raid Wipes.

The way we were getting around it before was to have a DPS warrior taunt one, and then have Pally #2 Righteous Defense the warrior. However, this is risky and not always available.

Pretty well, the only thing I would do with the pally class now is rejoice. The upcoming changes will 100% fix it as far as I can tell. And I could not be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomica
    Rigtheous Defense pulls off 3 mobs.

Now, what if I only want one?

*uses RF*

*gets all mobs off the tank*

*Healer isn't prepared*

*Tank dies, miserably*

This was to address the need of a single target taunt, which pretty much is agreed upon from all specs here, and other tanking classes.