Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    BS - Really, thats it?

    so im a pally that does both tanking and LAWLSRET and it is alot of fun, i was hoping to get a leg up with BS gear, and as nice as it is, is that really it at 440?

    are we going to get dailies or new recipies from achievements? anyone know anything at all on this subject matter?

  2. #2

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Yeah, I'm very disappointed, too. Right now there seems to be NOT ONE recipe above 440 - dropped, trained, bop or boe - NOT ONE! I'm at 441 right now, because of the shield but why go further? The additional sockets are cool, but right now BS is useless and a waste of ore (which you can make into gems which are worth a lot more than any of the BS-BOE items).

  3. #3

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Dunno. been making a killing selling shields and titanium rods to enchanters.

  4. #4

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    yeah, ive made alot of gear for ALOT of people. and i LOVE the sockets i can add, gives alot of versitility to our gear(human-paladin)
    and i just made the titansteel crusher(2h mace). but i mean no more plans, not terribly difficult to hit 440, and no prospective gear on the horizon. ive been really thinking about dropping BS for JC, some of the gems you can cut are RIDICULOUS. iunno ill wait till ghostcrawler does a post before 3.1. OH BTW the crusher hits like a freight train and my skill isnt even maxed yet, i love it.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord iktankniet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    behind a desk
    Posts
    2,419

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    naxx drops are better that the mace. i was planning on making it, but then i gotten the jawbone as weapon.

    dont drop BS yet. might be some changes/patterns in 3.1 (at least i hope)

  6. #6

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    naxx drops are better that the mace. i was planning on making it, but then i gotten the jawbone as weapon.

    dont drop BS yet. might be some changes/patterns in 3.1 (at least i hope)
    I made this mistake back with TBC where I got 375 BS, dropped it for enchanting and then the SSC patterns got released and I had no way of getting any good tanking boots otherwise XD

    Anyway, I got 441 as well (also made shield XD) and smelting titansteel for my boots now... Though I'd love just a bit of the love that JC got :\

  7. #7

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    My warrior is a BS/Miner, and my other characters are Mining/other gather skill.

    haven't played my warrior much yet but I pass him all the ore from my other characters. He's up to 410 BS'ing now. I haven't really had a use for anything I've made yet but I've sold most of it for a decent amount. I tend to try and undersell everyone in the AH so I don't make as much as some other's but still my items sell so...

  8. #8

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    I'm sorry but what is that love that JC-s have gotten ? 3 gems that are not that much better ?

    I'm sorry you have 2 sockets more it even's it out, it's even better when you think about it, 3x27def rating socket instead of 16 = 11 bonus per 1 vs 2x16def rating socket, so you are 1 rating behind in this example, but keep in mind that there will be 19def rating epic gems so the bonus JC will have in time will be even less.

    Back on topic: Yes there is not much to make after 440 at this point, but the other professions aren't much better off. Things will get added over time.

  9. #9
    Pit Lord iktankniet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    behind a desk
    Posts
    2,419

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikica
    I'm sorry but what is that love that JC-s have gotten ? 3 gems that are not that much better ?

    I'm sorry you have 2 sockets more it even's it out, it's even better when you think about it, 3x27def rating socket instead of 16 = 11 bonus per 1 vs 2x16def rating socket, so you are 1 rating behind in this example, but keep in mind that there will be 19def rating epic gems so the bonus JC will have in time will be even less.

    Back on topic: Yes there is not much to make after 440 at this point, but the other professions aren't much better off. Things will get added over time.
    those 3 JC gems are pretty good. you can use 3x 41stam gems for example. and if you are JC/BS like me, then you can use those gems AND make extra sockets. now thats nice ^^

    i still hope there getting some type of epic BoE gems in 3.1 patch and some epic patterns for BS that are BoP

  10. #10

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    It has been outlined on nearly every single profession QQ thread, but the ultimate bonus from each and every crafting profession comes out to almost the exact same stats. 2 bonus gem slots is directly on par with 3 of the bop gems the JC can make. Remember...those aren't pure bonus above and beyond what you would already have...because they are simply going where another gem would have gone. I would not recommend PL'ing JC just for the BoP gems if you can already make the BoP gem slots for your armor.

    Now, if you have OTHER reasons for going JC, then there is that, but I wouldn't knee jerk drop 440 BS for the sole purpose of getting the BoP JC gems.

  11. #11

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    The debate here, isnt to know if the BS BoP bonus is comparable to the other professions, we’re talking about higher lvl plans, or non-trainer-buyable plans…

    ALL PROFESSIONS have another way to get plans/recipes, after learning the trainer ones. But for blacksmith, once you reach 440, you buy all trainer’s plans, you simply CANT craft anything else…

    And BTW, maybe these craftables are good for some classes, but just an example… As a warrior tank, there are 3 pieces itemised for me. Shield, Boots, and Helm.

    When I reached lvl 80, I started smelting Titansteel, and by the time I had enough Titansteel to craft any of these 3, I had already better gear from heroics…

    I mean.. I don’t ask for more high lvl items, so I wouldn’t have to run any instance to get it. But for now, after the first week of the expansion, BS is TOTALLY worthless, except for extra sockets…

    I also want to do dailies for plans… I also want to have a useful profession without dropping Blacksmith…

    And oh! Last point…

    BS SPECIALISATIONS = USELESS NOW?!?!?
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

  12. #12

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Well considering this is the start of wotlk... and like tbc, at the start I'm sure it didn't have every recipe possible ingame too. I'm sure through patches there will be new recipes either through rep/instance drops etc

  13. #13

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Try waiting for the next content patches and see what you get in those...

    At the moment, they only seem to be releasing the plans and designs that are designed specifically to prepare you and your raidgroup for the current end-game content, such as Naxx (after all, why do you think almost everything is currently BoE?). Once new instances are released, they will most likely be releasing designs and plans and stuff that are designed for the new content.

    I say, wait till you make judgement. I'm currently enjoying my Titansteel Bonecrusher (biggest palatank threat generator pre-Naxx) and Titansteel Shield Wall (biggest defense rating shield currently available, helpful for getting you to the defense cap) rather a lot.

  14. #14

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Yeah of course, as a paladin, you'll love the maces...

    But example, as a warrior tank. Will I tank with a threat Mace/Dagger??

    No. I want a sword or an axe(especially axe since I'm an orc) with tanking stats on it... If not tanking stats, at least give 1 sword and 1 axe(2hand or 1hand, i dont care... there are actually none) so all classes have their things there.

    And yeah, its EZ to say: wait for next content patch, and you'll see.

    But for now, every single professions have ALL what they need. Except the poor Blacksmiths.

    Edit: When I say every professions, I'm not talking about tailoring, I havent checked this one yet.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

  15. #15

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    I wouldnt jump off the deep end in a rage of anger. It was the same way last expansion and they ended up realeasing tons of awesome patterns later. Tailoring and leatherworkings craftable gear is about the same level as blacksmithing and boe as well. All of it replaceable in 10 man naxx. My guess is they are deliberately trying to avoid what happened last expansion with the tailoring gear being miles ahead of anything else available. They will probably slowly add better and better patterns.

  16. #16

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by lurked
    The debate here, isnt to know if the BS BoP bonus is comparable to the other professions, we’re talking about higher lvl plans, or non-trainer-buyable plans…

    ALL PROFESSIONS have another way to get plans/recipes, after learning the trainer ones. But for blacksmith, once you reach 440, you buy all trainer’s plans, you simply CANT craft anything else…

    And BTW, maybe these craftables are good for some classes, but just an example… As a warrior tank, there are 3 pieces itemised for me. Shield, Boots, and Helm.

    When I reached lvl 80, I started smelting Titansteel, and by the time I had enough Titansteel to craft any of these 3, I had already better gear from heroics…

    I mean.. I don’t ask for more high lvl items, so I wouldn’t have to run any instance to get it. But for now, after the first week of the expansion, BS is TOTALLY worthless, except for extra sockets…

    I also want to do dailies for plans… I also want to have a useful profession without dropping Blacksmith…

    And oh! Last point…

    BS SPECIALISATIONS = USELESS NOW?!?!?
    There is no debate here...merely a QQ fest. Now the QQ may be warranted, but that doesn't change what it is. Also, this issue is not exclusive to BS...you have only experienced it with BS. LW is in the exact same boat. My druid is at 405 LW with no reason to go higher. None of the gear is THAT amazing, and I can craft the bracer enchants and epic leg enchants for myself...so their is no incentive to go higher. My specialization that I spent multiple hours and way more gold than I should have to get is now just as useless as yours. Goblin/Gnomish engineers get 1 new "spec exclusive" recipe so far...but it is hardly game changing to the point that it evens matters. They have goggles that you don't, but guess what? The stats they gain from those goggles are fairly comparable to your additional gem slots as well and they have no reason to grind past 440 either. Inscriptors don't get new recipes beyond about 430 or 435. BS is not in their own little "blizzard hates us boat" and just because you think you are because you haven't actually LOOKED at the other professions doesn't mean you are.

    I apologize for throwing in a word of advice into the conversation to possibly save someone from grinding a profession that would not provide them the benefit they thought it would. It seems like every profession is QQ'ing about SOMETHING right now, so don't feel like you are being hated on by Blizzard because the grass is greener on the other side. Try selling the gear you make. You have been lucky with your heroic drops...but some people don't have the time/desire to run heroics and would rather simply buy their gear. Some people simply can't get their piece of gear to drop.

    Quote Originally Posted by lurked
    But for now, every single professions have ALL what they need. Except the poor Blacksmiths.
    So you bitch because you don't have a weapon that is best for your racial...even though there is gear that you can use. Boohoo poor blacksmiths. Blizzard didn't cater to my one race when they designed the craftable gear that is available to everyone. Woh is me.

    LW has totally saved my ass. I'm glad my druid is ready for T9 content with the epics available to me!!! Oh wait...the gear I can craft is just as useful for me as the BS stuff is for you? Get off your high horse.

  17. #17

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    So you bitch because you don't have a weapon that is best for your racial...even though there is gear that you can use. Boohoo poor blacksmiths. Blizzard didn't cater to my one race when they designed the craftable gear that is available to everyone. Woh is me.

    LW has totally saved my ass. I'm glad my druid is ready for T9 content with the epics available to me!!! Oh wait...the gear I can craft is just as useful for me as the BS stuff is for you? Get off your high horse.
    Yeah… You probably cant read at all, because I said I would prefer to have an axe, but I’m only saying there are NO SWORD OR AXES craftable(Except Corroded Saronite…), so I’m not bitching cause I can’t have a weapon for my race, I don’t have SINGLE weapon for Tanking. Nor I have swords and axes. Why? Blacksmith aren’t able to craft axes now? I bet it’s the Jewelcrafter’s job to do it, right?

    I’m saying it lacks a lot of variety. You’re saying in the last expansion, there wasn’t any patterns before the patch adding the SSC ones. But well… when SSC patch has been released, I was already specced, and had already crafted my specc’s piece. And there was at least ONE PIECE FOR EVERYONE.

    I’m not saying a profession should get your gear ready up for t9 content, I’m only saying that a profession shouldn’t be USELESS after 1week into the expansion, when most of the other professions are making golden-balls.

    And well, I see here that you totally need BS, from your class/specc, right? Cause.. a druid needs a lot of things from BS, right? Like.. you probably are happy to see a sick healing mace, and a huge 2hand dps mace, but no 1hand weapon except a rogue dagger, right?

    Obviously you have no idea what FORUMS are for, if you think it’s no debate, so please, go back in The Barrens chat yelling chuck Norris jokes, cause yeah… Here we’re talking about BS for the ones who need BS…
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

  18. #18

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    A lot of you guys are complaining that Naxx drops are better,.. for a lot of the average gamers Naxx is a pipe dream. I have 5, 70 ish's all with different prof's, blksmth,lw,tailor,JC,enchant...and all of them are contributing wonderful things to my gear needs and wants. So, to the elitist t9 cleared content whiners, boohoo, I love all the profs right now.

  19. #19

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathios
    A lot of you guys are complaining that Naxx drops are better,.. for a lot of the average gamers Naxx is a pipe dream. I have 5, 70 ish's all with different prof's, blksmth,lw,tailor,JC,enchant...and all of them are contributing wonderful things to my gear needs and wants. So, to the elitist t9 cleared content whiners, boohoo, I love all the profs right now.
    You say that like Naxx is equivalent to Sunwell. It isn't.

    Naxx is the equivalent level of Karazhan was in TBC, the beginning raid instance, only Blizzard have made it more accessible to more people by doing 10 and 25 man versions, made bosses easier than expected, and provided better access to the equipment necessary to prepare for Naxxramas.

    Trust me, Naxx is far from being a pipe dream for a large number of average gamers. Sure, they're not going to clear it out in 2 days like 25thNovember/Ensidia did, but that still doesn't mean it's going to be a brick wall in endgame like you think...

  20. #20

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by lurked
    Yeah… You probably cant read at all, because I said I would prefer to have an axe, but I’m only saying there are NO SWORD OR AXES craftable(Except Corroded Saronite…), so I’m not bitching cause I can’t have a weapon for my race, I don’t have SINGLE weapon for Tanking. Nor I have swords and axes. Why? Blacksmith aren’t able to craft axes now? I bet it’s the Jewelcrafter’s job to do it, right?

    I’m saying it lacks a lot of variety. You’re saying in the last expansion, there wasn’t any patterns before the patch adding the SSC ones. But well… when SSC patch has been released, I was already specced, and had already crafted my specc’s piece. And there was at least ONE PIECE FOR EVERYONE.

    I’m not saying a profession should get your gear ready up for t9 content, I’m only saying that a profession shouldn’t be USELESS after 1week into the expansion, when most of the other professions are making golden-balls.

    And well, I see here that you totally need BS, from your class/specc, right? Cause.. a druid needs a lot of things from BS, right? Like.. you probably are happy to see a sick healing mace, and a huge 2hand dps mace, but no 1hand weapon except a rogue dagger, right?

    Obviously you have no idea what FORUMS are for, if you think it’s no debate, so please, go back in The Barrens chat yelling chuck Norris jokes, cause yeah… Here we’re talking about BS for the ones who need BS…
    So you complain because BS doesn't get anything useful while all the other professions are getting everything they need. None of the other professions are getting things you are not. The tailoring epics are not better than Naxx cloth pieces, the LW pieces are not better than the naxx leather pieces.

    BS has additional sockets which means additional gems which means additional stats
    LW has bracer enchants which means additional stats above and beyond what could be enchanted
    Ench has ring enchants
    JC have BoP gems which are better than the standard gems
    Engineers get goggles which have better stats
    Tailors have cloak enchants

    So there are no swords or axes, but there are weapons you CAN use? What utility do you see other professions getting that you are not? BS, LW, and Tailoring have ALWAYS been professions that once you made what was available were nearly useless. They have never compared to enchanting or JC in their lasting usefulness. How is this new? You gain just as much benefit from your BoP gem slots as every other profession gains from their unique benefits, and you have YET to even discuss that. You are so worried that BS is getting shit on because the gear isn't better than heroic gear...but that doesn't mean your profession isn't getting things other professions are getting. What you can make has just as much a lasting effect as every other crafting profession geared towards making gear rather than some other item. BS, LW, and Tailors are all in the same boat. That is my point.

    My druid is not a BS because there is nothing there, as you mentioned. My interest in this thread lies more in the fact that people seem to think BS is getting the shaft because everyone else gets to do ultra fun dailies to learn new patterns when that is not the case. I tried to bring perspective with my initial post which was not worded to offend anyone. you then flamed me because I was supposedly being entirely off topic. Clearly I am not welcome in this topic so feel free to insert the final word...but BS is no worse off than LW or Tailoring. If you want a profession that will get constant use, then level JC, enchanting or inscription, but to claim that "ALL PROFESSIONS have another way to get plans/recipes" is ignorance. Tailors get 1 pattern they can learn if they achieve the loremaster achievement...but aside from that 1 pattern...where are LW and tailors "other ways to get plans/recipes"? I would be interested to find out. I haven't started leveling my tailoring toon yet and I would be happy to check out what I have to look forward to. Here are LW and Tailor trainers in case you don't believe me. Sort based on skill and their patterns end at 440.

    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=26911#te...recipe:0-7+1+2

    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=28699#te...recipe:0-7+1+2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •