Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    You say that like Naxx is equivalent to Sunwell. It isn't.

    Naxx is the equivalent level of Karazhan was in TBC, the beginning raid instance, only Blizzard have made it more accessible to more people by doing 10 and 25 man versions, made bosses easier than expected, and provided better access to the equipment necessary to prepare for Naxxramas.

    Trust me, Naxx is far from being a pipe dream for a large number of average gamers. Sure, they're not going to clear it out in 2 days like 25thNovember/Ensidia did, but that still doesn't mean it's going to be a brick wall in endgame like you think...

    I guess as I should have said as far as current content goes,,,for the casual gamer that never got to Sunwell the prof's look fantastic, and I'm sure that with the new patch (ie like sun) there will be patterns far more epic than now. Sunwell crafted gear is still some of the best if you look at maxdps.com but will fall quickly behind when the next patch hits...lol..probably.

  2. #22

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    You say that like Naxx is equivalent to Sunwell. It isn't.

    Naxx is the equivalent level of Karazhan was in TBC, the beginning raid instance, only Blizzard have made it more accessible to more people by doing 10 and 25 man versions, made bosses easier than expected, and provided better access to the equipment necessary to prepare for Naxxramas.

    Trust me, Naxx is far from being a pipe dream for a large number of average gamers. Sure, they're not going to clear it out in 2 days like 25thNovember/Ensidia did, but that still doesn't mean it's going to be a brick wall in endgame like you think...
    Sorry should have done the quote this way

  3. #23

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    I'm still waiting for the ability of us BS to repair our gear at some cost without having to hearthstone when we are in the middle of nowhere..but yeah i guess be patient and see what blizz "hopefully" releases...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

  4. #24

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Funny, I thought BS was in the best condition it has ever been. If you just want to get recipes to make BoP gear for yourself then that is exactly what blizzard do not want professions to be. Why drop a recipe to craft a BoP item when you could just drop the BoP item itself?

    If you look at blacksmith as a profession to actually make items that you can sell and are generally useful it is in a great place. The plate PvP gear is in big demand, and will continue to be in demand as long as new plate users continue to ding 80, the green lvl 70 tank gear is great and any new warrior/paladin/death knight will want it.

    As for your profession buff, 2 extra sockets that you can stick whatever gems you want into is the best profession bonus currently in the game.

    If you just want to make great stuff that only you can use then all professions will be disappointing in their new incarnation since they all basically boil down to an extra 32 stat points give or take. The only one that is better right now is j/c just because the trinkets are very good and you get the bop gems.

    As for recipes, I wish my j/c could have just learned them all from trainer. Right now I am looking at having to do a daily quest about 150 times to get all the recipes. Yeah they could have managed the blacksmith recipes in a similar manner but do you really think having to keep doing daily quests until the next expansion just to get the recipes for the lvl 80 blue crafted items is something you want to do?

  5. #25

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Incorrect.

    JC currently has the -best- bonuses hands down with unique gems and BoP trinkets.

  6. #26

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    The trinkets are still replace-able by content and when you look at the boost the gems give above and beyond what you would normally put in that socket...not just the amount given...the total net stat gain is not more than a few stat points above what a LW gets with his bracer enchants or a BS can attain.

    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=36767 vs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40119 as an example.

    You gain 11 stam per gem, for a total of 33 stamina. Let's say a BS puts the second gem in their 2 bonus gem slots. That is a 60 stam increase over a non BS with the exact same gear. The JC trinkets are very nice and will give you an early boost, but they are ultimately fairly easily replaceable, just like the BS gear.

  7. #27

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    You gain 11 stam per gem, for a total of 33 stamina. Let's say a BS puts the second gem in their 2 bonus gem slots. That is a 60 stam increase over a non BS with the exact same gear. The JC trinkets are very nice and will give you an early boost, but they are ultimately fairly easily replaceable, just like the BS gear.
    Personal perks, not crafted items, are the reason to choose a profession. The trinkets are a fairly nice starter gear (just like the BoE BS gear) but the real reason to take a profession is profession-only perks.

  8. #28

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Personal perks, not crafted items, are the reason to choose a profession. The trinkets are a fairly nice starter gear (just like the BoE BS gear) but the real reason to take a profession is profession-only perks.
    I would agree with that statement, but the poster that I was responding to said JC had the best bonuses...which is not the case for each and every person's play style.

    Edit: My apologies if this came off as malicious, I was only trying to clarify.

  9. #29

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    I would agree with that statement, but the poster that I was responding to said JC had the best bonuses...which is not the case for each and every person's play style.
    It is, in fact, rarely the case.

    I was agreeing with you btw.

  10. #30

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuyuki
    Though I'd love just a bit of the love that JC got :\
    Y'know, once epic gems are available, the boost from your two sockets will be more stats than the boost from Dragon's Eyes.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

  11. #31

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Y'know, once epic gems are available, the boost from your two sockets will be more stats than the boost from Dragon's Eyes.
    True, but I was also revering to the BoP items JC can make.
    Some of those trinkets are freaking nuts! Currently still running around with my Darkmoon card and Kael'thas commendation because I just cant find anything better (ye I know they're there, they're just not dropping >_>)

    So gogo make those trinkets BoE or give armorsmithing more than some DPS legs and chest T_T

  12. #32

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuyuki
    Some of those trinkets are freaking nuts!
    And yet they'll be replaced in Heroics or Naxxramas just like everyone else's crafted gear.

    Blacksmithing is fine.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

  13. #33

    Re: BS - Really, thats it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    And yet they'll be replaced in Heroics or Naxxramas just like everyone else's crafted gear.
    Pretty much exactly why BS is on par with everything else.

    Gearing up for Naxx, not required.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •