Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Paladins need an AE heal

Quote Originally Posted by prospekt
    You didn't explain anything, if AOE heals weren't needed no class would have or use them, your argument is simply flawed.

Who here, as a druid/priest/shaman, does *not* use AOE heals in heroics? Who? That's right none of you, they are absolutely necessary, don't be retarded. You saying we don't need them doesn't make it so.

And one thing I forgot to mention, if judgement of light benefited more from spell power it would help inmensly, when I'm ret my light heals are alot higher than when I'm holy, and my ret gear is trash compared to my holy gear.

Judgement of light from a paladin tank is ridiculous, our paladin tank would have TOP healing in fights. The main tank had top healing. Why can we not keep light on the bosses? Is it too hard for you to cast a judgment in the middle of your spamming holy light? Learn your class, before you DEMAND something that we do not need. Druids/shamans/priests use their aoes because they have them, and they are made to heal that way. Paladins are perfect single target healers. Don't take that away from paladins, because you can't seem to get to different targets in time.

If you have trouble healing others, due to time, I suggest creating macros that go:
    /target person
    /cast Flash of Light (rank whatever)

I have 5 of those, labeled t1-t5. (tank 1- tank 5) and I use that to get my flash heals off to them. When someone needs a big heal, I target them, and holy light. When someone needs an immediate holy shock, i click them, and get it off immediately.

If you can't play your class, re-roll something else more your style.

Quote Originally Posted by shyara
    If you can't play your class, re-roll something else more your style.
    No, when an aspect of a class is broken it needs to be fixed.

By your logic warriors should have remained the only tanks in the game, hey you cant tank as a paladin or druid? Reroll Warrior. But no, people fought to make it fair and now they can all tank.

We need AOE heals, period. BoL is a testament to that, it is impossible to heal heroics without it because of it's double target heals.

And what are you talking about Pally tanks? What does that have to do with anything? Judgement of light heals scales best for ret.

careful what you wish for you might end up like druids and become a one button mindless lolgrowth spammer.

:')

By your logic warriors should have remained the only tanks in the game, hey you cant tank as a paladin or druid? Reroll Warrior. But no, people fought to make it fair and now they can all tank.
    and now everyone is the same.

We need AOE heals, period. BoL is a testament to that, it is impossible to heal heroics without it because of it's double target heals.
    No. NO. NO. You need double target heals? Beacon.
    you need an "aoe heal?" judgement of light.

You want a HOT? get flash of light glyph, and gtfo.

Paladins are not broken, you just want to homogenize everyone into the same exact abilities, just with different names. We are paladins, we heal differently, we do different things, yet we are able to do the same things as others, even if it is DIFFERENT.

The fact that you are suggesting flash of light glyph shows you have no idea how the paladin class works and should stop posting.

And I can get the job done, but I shouldn't have to bust my ass off fives times harder than the other 3 healers to do it. This is like trying to tank 6 mobs at the same time on a Warrior pre-WOTLK, sure it was possible if you busted your ass off, but how is it fair when a keyboard-turning prot pally can do it better with no effort? That's why warrior/druid AOE threat was buffed and that's why we need AOE heals.

The fact that you are suggesting flash of light glyph shows you have no idea how the paladin class works and should stop posting.

And I can get the job done, but I shouldn't have to bust my ass off fives times harder than the other 3 healers to do it. This is like trying to tank 6 mobs at the same time on a Warrior pre-WOTLK, sure it was possible if you busted your ass off, but how is it fair when a keyboard-turning prot pally can do it better with no effort? That's why warrior/druid AOE threat was buffed and that's why we need AOE heals.

The fact that I suggested FOL glyph shows that I don't know how to tell you that we do not need a HOT or a AOE heal.

And yeah, it is about busting your ass off. You apparently have raided before the lolnerf, (which I dub the new raiding content. not just the 3.0 nerf) and you know how it is to actually raid correctly. It takes more then just running in and doing the "easy" job. You are a paladin. Better yet, you're a holy paladin. Our job was never easy, and I really don't think it should be. You want something where you just faceroll the keyboard, and win.

Healing isn't facerolling. Healing is finesse, knowing who is going to get hurt the most and when, and being able to get the heal off on your target. And if you feel a need to continue this argument, please do. I'm done with this argument, and with you. Obviously there is no way I can convince you that paladins are fine, and you will continue to find menial ways to degrade me, or my personal play style.

I wish you luck with your raiding, and I hope you find a play style you enjoy, be it with a paladin, or with some other class.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

And what are you talking about Pally tanks? What does that have to do with anything? Judgement of light heals scales best for ret.
    What is so bad that you have to AoE heal?

There are only two situations when another person other than a tank needs to be healed.

1) When a mob gets onto a raid member: Ergo a tank problem. Do not run with a tank that can not handle AoE pulls.

2) When a mob does an AoE splash damage effect: Beacon the tank, HoL the hit member, and then FoL the Tank.

Note:

If you are having problems, you are under geared, your tank sucks, AoE threat is stupid easy right now. (Run with a pally tank)

Becaon of light serves 3 purposes.

1- In 5 mans it does make it possible to multi target heal. So do it, you have an IC Heal that will crit a lot, and a FoL that is mana efficient. (A Holy paladin should have 10 to 13 percent plus crit rating, we have an oh shyt 15percent spell haste, YOU CAN STACK THE SPELL POWER NEEDED)

2- In 10mans, it means you get a good aoe healing second healer, IE a Shaman or Priest. Just smart raid comp. A good paladin can keep both tanks up. leaving minimal raid healing.

3- in 25mans, it allows for being in situations where a paladin CAN do good raid healing when there is just a lot of splash damage. He can macro target a tank, and being FoL spamming the raid to keep people topped off. Letting the 1 or 2 other holy paladins keep the 3-4 tanks up, and letting them cover the raid. (IE, blood boil fights with stupid DPS that get double debuffs)

So, is the class Broken? NO.

Would an aoe heal make them better healers? Ofcourse.

Do holy paladisn need an AoE heal? HELL NO.

When did I ask for an HoT?

I asked for better AOE heals.

When do I need them? Half the heroic bosses that require you to constaly be moving while spamming AOE damage at the same time?

And I'm not undergeared, 18k mana, 1700+ spell power, 32 holy crit, etc.

Armory link please. I would like to see your spec, and perhaps from that i can find why you need an AOE heal.

Fatherohealy

Ok these comments are starting to annoy me. I have a holy paladin alt and I guess I'm gonna try to teach you how to heal on your main in "mostly t7" and maybe you can try it out and stop posting this stuff.

Here is how you take care of aoe damage in a heroic or raid.
    1 Be talented for Enlightened Judgements, Judgements of the Pure and Beacon of Light.
    2 Pre pull cast Seal of Righteousness on yourself and Beacon of light on the tank.
    3 On the pull Judge blessing of light on the boss.
    4 After the pull spam FoL on everyone but the tank and Holy Shock if anyone gets dangerously low or for healing on the run. Occasionally use HL if needed.
    5 Keep your BoL SoR JoL cooldowns up.

If this is not how you are playing then stop posting immediately and try this. You will have 10% haste for the next minute because you judged the boss and the tank/dps will be getting healed by attacking the boss with JoL up. Every heal you cast on your party members will also heal the tank because you used beacon of light. Keep these cooldowns up while spamming FoL people will stay alive. With enough skill and practice you will see you can outheal priests and shamans playing this way. That is how you play your class and if you are not happy about it you rolled the wrong class IMO.

Why would I use seal of righteousness? Glyph Seal of Wisdom/Light increases heals by 5% or reduced mana cost of heals by 5%

And yes obviously I use all of that, do you think I'm fucking retarded? It's not enough.

Honestly, who doesn't use BoL or judge for the haste? Telling me to use that is like telling a rogue to use stealth, it's common sense, don't be an idiot. This isn't a playstyle problem, it's a class problem.

Pally needs ranged pull
    Pally needs AOE heal
    Pally needs this
    Pally needs that

Enough already! You dont need everything in the game.
    You pally's are the worst at wanting to be the exact same as all other classes in the game combined.
    You never will be the "super" class you want to be.

Next you'll be saying you want runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    Pally needs ranged pull
    Pally needs AOE heal
    Pally needs this
    Pally needs that

Enough already! You dont need everything in the game.
    You pally's are the worst at wanting to be the exact same as all other classes in the game combined.
    You never will be the "super" class you want to be.

Next you'll be saying you want runes.
    Please don't lump all paladins together. There are a lot of paladins that think they're fine right now. The greedy spoiled paladins are the ones that we all hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    Ok these comments are starting to annoy me. I have a holy paladin alt and I guess I'm gonna try to teach you how to heal on your main in "mostly t7" and maybe you can try it out and stop posting this stuff.

Here is how you take care of aoe damage in a heroic or raid.
    1 Be talented for Enlightened Judgements, Judgements of the Pure and Beacon of Light.
    2 Pre pull cast Seal of Righteousness on yourself and Beacon of light on the tank.
    3 On the pull Judge blessing of light on the boss.
    4 After the pull spam FoL on everyone but the tank and Holy Shock if anyone gets dangerously low or for healing on the run. Occasionally use HL if needed.
    5 Keep your BoL SoR JoL cooldowns up.

If this is not how you are playing then stop posting immediately and try this. You will have 10% haste for the next minute because you judged the boss and the tank/dps will be getting healed by attacking the boss with JoL up. Every heal you cast on your party members will also heal the tank because you used beacon of light. Keep these cooldowns up while spamming FoL people will stay alive. With enough skill and practice you will see you can outheal priests and shamans playing this way. That is how you play your class and if you are not happy about it you rolled the wrong class IMO.
    ^ Correct! I dont believe this could be written any better.

Paladins don't need a thing... then again, I'm ret... lolz

Nah, all they need is an AOE heal, I have full sets of heroic tanking and dps gear, and enough gold to respec as I please (dual specs will make this easier) and have no problems with any aspect of the class besides holy which is my main spec. Don't try so hard.

You're wrong. I've done all the heroics and it's fine. Even Naxx 10 and 25 i've been topping meters. You need to learn how to play holy paladin before you QQ about something you really don't need. I'm serious here, in our current state healing wise we are 100% fine. LRN2PLAY

And this leads me to another point, there are a lot of people who whine and get things changed making it easier for them but i guarantee you 95% of those people who QQ'ed didn't even fully learn the new talents yet and how to benefit most from them.

Seriously, i have 0 problems healing in heroics, in fact on some i hear people saying thank god we have a holy pally for this fight. It is fine, stop crying and just learn your class and new talents. They aren't that hard I promise. Lots of instant heals, holy shock, flash after a crit of holy shock, less than a second holy light after a holy shock, beacon on your tank and you can heal whoever you want and keep them up too. Judging ever minute gives you 15% haste plus a lot of haste you will already have from greens/blues.

HOLY IS FINE and i'm sick of people whining about it so it can be easier for THEM.

Why would I use seal of righteousness? Glyph Seal of Wisdom/Light increases heals by 5% or reduced mana cost of heals by 5%

And yes obviously I use all of that, do you think I'm fucking retarded? It's not enough.

Honestly, who doesn't use BoL or judge for the haste? Telling me to use that is like telling a rogue to use stealth, it's common sense, don't be an idiot. This isn't a playstyle problem, it's a class problem.
    by the way, I'm still waiting on your armory link.

Fatherohealy

You may be right about the seal. I haven't logged on my pally in a while. Other than that if you are specced and playing a paladin the right way I can only conclude there is another issue stopping you from keeping people alive. Maybe you aren't using the right add ons. Maybe you have lag. Maybe you play with baddies that stand in fire. Maybe you lack the proper skill and decision making to keep people alive. Others can why cant you?

- Make sacred shield AOE, increase the mana cost, the spell is useless to put on a main tank and I mostly put it on myself or on the dps to absrob damage from bosses who spam small AOE, it does nothing against bosses that spam one huge AOE every 30 seconds or so because you have to be hit and take damage for it to activate but that is better than nothing.
    Do you even know how this spell works?  It is amazing for tanks.

Taken from Endoscient on the EJ forums:

First I will clarify how SS works, when you cast the spell on someone they gain a 30 second buff. Nothing happens until the target takes damage, when they do they will take the full amount, but will gain a second buff. This new buff will absorb the next 500 + 75% of your Spell Power damage and then expire, while it is active it will also increase the crit rate of FoL by 50%. This 2nd buff lasts a maximum of 6 seconds, and can only occur every 6 seconds.

This is most effective on Tanks since they take damage often, but can also be useful on group members if you know they are going to be taking damage more often then every 6 seconds. I am excited for this spell, and it will help smooth out burst on the tank.