Thread: lvl prot?

lvl prot?

i keep hearing lvling as prot is the way to go to 60, is this true?
    i plan on lvling my pally sometime in the next month and wanted to get some clarification on it

P.S: DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SIMPLE JACK RET PALLY PIC? Z0MG LF PIC!!!

Re: lvl prot?

That was maybe the way to go when ret was bad.

Ret > any spec

for leveling. by far. Instant cast FoL's + a lot more damage.

If you want to aoe grind Divine storm hits hard enough and heals you. (once you get it)

Leveling as prot is fine, I just wouldn't recommend it for the early levels since it's hard to gear and almost all the early talents are mitigation. You won't die, but it will take forever to kill things. Stick with Ret until level 40. At 40 you learn to wear plate and finally have enough points for Holy Shield.

I enjoyed leveling as prot from level 40 - 70 and found it quite easy, and I am now heading to 80 as prot ;D

This was a new alt (now main) and I just dinged 70 a couple of days before Wrath dropped. I would say try them both and see which you have more fun with.

lvln prot is not so bad

i have lvl'd from 70-80 as prot not to bad gets alot better at 75 with the shield slam.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Leveling as prot is fine, I just wouldn't recommend it for the early levels since it's hard to gear and almost all the early talents are mitigation. You won't die, but it will take forever to kill things. Stick with Ret until level 40. At 40 you learn to wear plate and finally have enough points for Holy Shield.
    I'd actually propose the exact opposite. Ret's pretty powerful now but until level 50 your choices are still auto-attack + judgment. Then again, prot AoE doesn't really pick up until level 35.

Fact is, low level paladin leveling blows.