Poll: what do you think is the hardest profession to level from 350 al the way to 450?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

hardest profession to level 350 and up.

im just curius to see what people think is currently the hardest profession to level up in northrend from 350 (where most professions will allowe you to go to northrend to level it up there) to 450.

and also why do you think its the hardest profession to level up?

P.S. i have left out the bread and butter professions (first aid, fishing and cooking) and the gathering professions because it is somewhat time consuming but it isnt realy "hard" to level them up.

Re: hardest profession to level 350 and up.

Engineering 425-435 is a supreme pain in the ass.

Not sure how much of a pain in the ass it is compared to other professions, but holy shit.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Defo engineering you need all kinds leather ore motes its a royal pain especially with AH prices being daft. Im just leaving it till things settle, makin more money off vendorin quest greens at the mo to be thinking about 90g for a stack of cobalt bars lol....

it seems blacksmithing scores pretty high on this list.
    since i have only trained inscription and enchanting so far. any blacksmiths around who could fill me in on the hard part of leveling it?

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    it seems blacksmithing scores pretty high on this list.
    just cause there are more ppl with blacksmithing than with enigneering xD

15+ Year Old Account

Inscription 430-450 means that you have 4 items that CAN give a skillup, of which only 1 (ONE) remains yellow after 437.
    and a Darkmoon Card of the North craft means that you need to invest on luck and 500+g per potential skillup (presume you have no herbalism, if you do then it's luck & time)
    "Conservationist" Lucretzya, LV120 Female Human Destruction Warlock
    Lemuria the Light of Dawn, LV120 Female Lightforged Draenei Protection Paladin
    Field Medic Larraine, LV110 Female Void ElfShadow Priest
    Sylvanas, EU
    Laviathan of the Shattered Sun, LV120 Female Blood Elf Affliction Warlock
    Twisting Nether, EU

i made the frost resist goggle and sonic booster/noise machine till 435 for swiss knife.

cobalt bar actually aint that bad to get, i simply revisit dragonblight and finish some leftover elite quests
    of which the quest objectives usually resides in mountain/caves.

thou i did spend couple of hundred gold to get the mats needed for epic helm :x

and ya, i am ret pally farming saronites against horde in basin isnt that bad for me~

Inscription for sure.

I made 42 darkmoon cards for the last 13 skillups, and still didn't manage to get a full set.
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

it doesnt seem that inscription requiers you to be higher then 430 orso to learn al of the glyphs with the daily research.
    however it does strike me odd that inscription is the only (please correct me if i am wrong because im not 100% sure) profession where you have nothing new to learn past 430.
    no patterns, drops or research requierments, absolutely nothing.
    and the sheer pain to level up to 450 throug 1 item alone witch turns yellow at 435? 440? i cant even remember.

P.S. is it even possible to level inscription to 450? ive been stuck at 449 and have already made more then 10 cards on that level to try and level up...
    if i see three of prisms one more time i swear ill rip them al up to shreds.

Deleted

You can get plans for some sort of a repair bot from an easy quest in Storm Peaks. It needs only 10 saronite bars and you need 425 engi to make them. Not sure how long it stays yellow though.

I would venture to say... Either Inscription, Blacksmithing or Engineering (I don't have an engineer, but other posters seem knowledged)

Inscription because, as others have mentioned, few things past 430 to make... and nothing *WORTH* making. If ya skip that tho, either Research or vellums make it just a matter of time until your skills rise.

Blacksmithing... notoriously hard to level. couple hundred Cobalt... 500+ saronite bars... and gfs BSing is still only 442 or 443... everything 440+ is either orange and needs Frozen Orb or takes 14 saronite bars for a yellow (3 attempts to go 440 to 441).

Tailoring/Alchemy/Engineering... skills I don't have. I assume Alchemy is same as before - easiest one to level. Tailoring, likewise... Engineering has always needed a wide range of mats to level, and with AH prices as they are... glad I'm not an engineer.

Enchanting/Jewelcrafting is annoying to level. But with Quest Rewards and a steady demand for gems/enchants, just a matter of time. Nothing hard. Vellums make it more practical to make enchants for sale or stored for later. Gems? Find something popular and make em or sit in Trade. Easy with time for both imo.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Spent about 5,000g from 400-450 engineering skill, then 19,000g my for mechano-hog. It hurt

dont know about leveling up but JC definetely is going to be the hardest to get the majority of the patterns for. besides most of the blue quality patterns being drops in instances, a lot of them are bought with JC tokens, of which you can only get 1 per day....takes something like 250days to get enough tokens to buy all the ones available. that is if you dont spend any of your tokens on the JC only gems

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    You can get plans for some sort of a repair bot from an easy quest in Storm Peaks. It needs only 10 saronite bars and you need 425 engi to make them. Not sure how long it stays yellow though.
    Stays yellow till 420 skill need 415 to make it.