Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: High DPS Spec for a lock

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Summary of thread so far:

1 - Affliction is top dps, if you have the debuff slots to support it
    2 - Destruction isn't far behind, has a simpler rotation, and the pet is BAMF.
    3 - Demonology can be on par with Destruction if the Demo warlock is awesome.

Answer to question "no dark pact, imp fel hunter"
    All gear has spirit.
    Spirit Lifetap > Dark Pact.
    No dark pact = Fel hunter never ooms.
    No imp fel hunter required.
    3 points saved.

Due to the change, I've demoted Dark Pact to a pvp spell (no spirit on pvp gear) or a solo farm spell.
    thanks sounds like a valid reason that DP isnt needed for pve

Quote Originally Posted by Bambikiller
    Agreed on the spare lifebloom or refresh, i know they are precious and all, but even still isn't OOM-ing an issue with 0/20/51, im to lazy to link my toon, but im at 1310 unbuffed and like 1630ish with fel armor on, and with out just aoe nuking things over an extended raid or instance im pulling down 1200 - 1400 dps average, i don't understand where im going wrong when i hear people saying they are doing 2.4k dps. Im not the best geared, but i have decent gear, so i don't see that drastic of a differential between me and some of the people claiming to do such high dps, unless this is like saying im doing 2.4k dps on 1 mob and that was the highest mob dps i did cause i got lucky and crit'ed 5 times in a row so im going to say im doing 2.4k dps. Seriously looking for help in upping my dps to closer to 2k
    At the moment mate im doing about 2.2K in raids...

Using the following rotation:

Curse > Corruption > Immolate > Incinerate Spam > Conflag / Repeat

Pridelock - Quel'Thalas

it depend on your group composition if you had mage you would do much more dmg
    if he is fire or frost (10% crit) add to that a mookin or unholy dk for 13% more dmg (no need to COE so you can COA or COD to add even more dps

i am currently 31/0/40 and im loving it my gear is scap (i still have my t4 shoulder) and put out from 1500 to 2k dps in heroic I still lack a lot of crit for my improve shadowbolt to be up as much as possible

rotation is generally COE>immo>corupt>shadowbolt and i use COD if mookin or unholy dk. and siphon life to help healer if its a hard aoe figth

yeah, i understand how group make up would affect this, so ur saying that people who say they are pulling 2.5k dps just happen to be in the perfect group and just have the right buffs? cause i played with destro and i would go COE, corr., immolate, incin. x4or5, conflag, chaos immolate incin....... so forth and so on, and shooting shadow bolts when nightfall triggers, and i was only doing 1k and oom before a group of 3 trash was dead.... im Wpugrad on Mannoroth if u want to look it up to help out, im still affl. now so gear isn't crit based and i know i could enchant some more shit, but just saving mats and gold for when i get better pieces.

yeah, i understand how group make up would affect this, so ur saying that people who say they are pulling 2.5k dps just happen to be in the perfect group and just have the right buffs? cause i played with destro and i would go COE, corr., immolate, incin. x4or5, conflag, chaos immolate incin....... so forth and so on, and shooting shadow bolts when nightfall triggers, and i was only doing 1k and oom before a group of 3 trash was dead.... im Wpugrad on Mannoroth if u want to look it up to help out, im still affl. now so gear isn't crit based and i know i could enchant some more shit, but just saving mats and gold for when i get better pieces.
    Right now im pulling around 2.7k on most raid bosses and a little above 2.9k dps on patchwerk. If you go afflcition go a Haunt/ Ruin build. either 56/0/16 or 53/0/18 something lie that. literally all you have to do is Haunt-corruption-UA-immo-SL-CoA (assuming you have a DK or boomkin) and put 2-3 SBs in. life tap in place of SB if your low.
    --Glyph for corruption, immolate, and syphon life.
    -- if you are specing into deaths embrace Keep your dots up and Drain soul at 25%

Make sure your gearing up for hit and you will see a big increase in dps. My gear isn't the best but its getting better and I am seeing a huge improvement in my dps.
    if you want to look me up it's
    Cloviko- sargeras
    gl to you

15+ Year Old Account

I was affl. from 1 - 70 then i went destro for raids and stuff and loved it, then respec'ed afflic at 72 when leveling was going way to slow. Being 80 and running heroics and raids again i want to go back to destro and i like the 0/20/51 spec but my question is how do u avoid going OOM like almost instantly in raids when some boss fights take >5 mins? I find im oom with 16k mana within 2 - 3 rotations and then i healers refuse to heal me if i life tap mid fight..... any suggestions cause i would love to go back to destro
    Sometimes healers are busy. Other times the warlock is a scrub and waits till he's oom to lifetap. "Refusing to heal" is usually an indicator of both, and a lack of respect between each party.

Anytime you refresh Corruption, Lifetap soon after. This will keep your mana full enough to last to the next corruption. Soul Leech should help some more. Don't take fire and brimstone - so far all i can see is that the dps gained from this talent is the exact same as the dps gained from not lifetapping due to soul leech.

I'll report back if I have more info.

I can pull 2.6k DPS in 10man Naxx in mostly heroic blue gear and 2-4 pcs of T6 gear (BT, not sunwell). Higher than this is either good gear or 25 man content. Lower than 2.2k is spec, gear, or skill.

Trash doesn't matter, but just use less dots on trash. IE Corruption & Shadowbolt spam. Be smart about your dots and reread information about Affliction & Trash mobs.

R.I.P. YARG

Gherkin- I'm sort of new to these forums but it seems like you know what your talking about. I just want to know what do you favor in your raids affliction or Destruction atm.

With looking at every1 posting it seems that the destro pulling down 2.2+ just has more crit then i do right now therefore im gunna spend the next day or 2, if the realms actually get back up, finding more crit and packing that up and see if that increases my DPS, when u all say ur doing 2k dps u mean like on recount where it says total damage done, dps, %. right?

I was affl. from 1 - 70 then i went destro for raids and stuff and loved it, then respec'ed afflic at 72 when leveling was going way to slow. Being 80 and running heroics and raids again i want to go back to destro and i like the 0/20/51 spec but my question is how do u avoid going OOM like almost instantly in raids when some boss fights take >5 mins? I find im oom with 16k mana within 2 - 3 rotations and then i healers refuse to heal me if i life tap mid fight..... any suggestions cause i would love to go back to destro
    yeah healrs not healing a warlock. unless you have horrible life tap timing that shouldnt be an issue a healer has to bring up.

As aff and if your interlacing life taps correctly your pretty much self sustaining. I sat infront of the heroic target dummy and got it down to 0 health (down ~ 10 mil) w/ out taking a break once.

if your not into aff you could just bribe healers =P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crusemissile
    Gherkin- I'm sort of new to these forums but it seems like you know what your talking about. I just want to know what do you favor in your raids affliction or Destruction atm.
    Depends on the makeup of the 25 man run. I've run a 10 man with two affliction warlocks with no problems. However, in 25 you run into the debuff issue, so more than 1 affliction warlock could potentially gimp your raid - this is where debuff analysis is required (number of poisons, bleeds, dots, debuffs, procs, etc). Having one affliction lock means the other might be destro, which means his conflag is going to eat your immolate, decreasing your dps. Demonology doesn't have this problem, but requires a specific mindset to play, which is to say I believe I'm damn good at Affliction (hard rotation) and I can't stomach Demo (simplest rotation).

I'd say w/e for 10 mans, Destruction/Demo for 25's, but favoring destruction. Everyone on the same page is a good place to be.

Thank you for the compliments. I try to make sure I know what I'm talking about, even though I don't get to participate in hardcore endgame raiding 100% of the time.

R.I.P. YARG

Yeah im going Destro for the raid tonight. if i surpass my 2.9k on patchwerk i'll consider switching over for good, but i don't think my crit and hit is there yet.