Instructor Razuvious 10-man

I was wondering if anybody had some advice on how to do the fight. So far all I've had to go on is the 25-man stratedgy which is very different from the 10-man. In the 25-man you have 4 recruits and have 2 priests alternating MCs on two of them everytime bone armor is down.

In the 10-man you have two recruits and 2 obediance crystals. Using the crystal MCs a recruit for 1-minute. The best stratedgy we figured out was to MC them both and have one taunt and use bone armor. When his bone armor was about to end the other would taunt and use his bone armor. The first tank would then end his MC early and re-apply it to prevent it from randomly dropping part way through a tanking phase. For some reason we always had one recruit taking huge amounts of damage even with bone armor. So I was wondering what stratedgy was used by a group that has downed him, or if we just need to work at what we were already doing.

Funny side-note
    We didn't get to Razuvious until after spending 2 hours 10 manning 25-man trash and argueing why there were no obediance crystal. It then took our first 4 attempts to find out that any dot on the recruits prevents them from being MC'd

Re: Instructor Razuvious 10-man

MC both recruits, shield wall one, and taunt, when SW ends, use other ones SW and taunt. After a bit, taunt, release one of the recruits and MC again fast (make sure you do't have any dots on you) and repeat. Easy.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

It might be a bit tricky, but Razuvious needs line of sight to use his DoT on you (Jagged Knife?). You can pull Razuvious behind the stair railing, so he won't be able to use it on you.

This is how we did it.

Our first tank initiated the pull by using one crystal while the other tank picked up the other recruit and tanked him by the other crystal. After about 1-15 seconds he clicked the crystal and took control of the 2nd recruit. Immediately after, he went and taunted and used bone shield. Go back and forth between taunts and bone shield, and communicate (over vent/ts) about 20 seconds before the first recruits crystal timer ends. Rinse and Repeat

Helpful Tips:
    Only click the crystal ONCE, it will go, do not double click.
    Communicate crystal transfers.
    Communicate Taunts, and watch Bone Armor buffs.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Timing is tricky, it took my group a bit to get it down the other night.

Have the second tank MC about 15-20 seconds in.

Tanks should periodically drop control and reapply it to better control the transitions, usually after the other tank taunts.

We did this with 3 healers, in a very melee heavy group (mages and locks haven't hit 80 yet... 1 rogue, 2 warriors, 1 kitty, 1 hunter).

Worst attempt moment... had a bad MC break and wiped when he was around 10k hp.

Ok, looks like we just need some practice. Thought we were doing something horribly wrong for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    It might be a bit tricky, but Razuvious needs line of sight to use his DoT on you (Jagged Knife?). You can pull Razuvious behind the stair railing, so he won't be able to use it on you.
    I remember reading that had to be done to down him in old naxx. We had people suggesting to try that, but we were more concerned with learning the MC rotation.

Your tanks need to stagger when they pick up their adds. If they both MC the adds at the same time, they'll both drop at the same time, and you'll quickly find out that good ol' Raz gets a bit steamed when you mind control his students and can hit pretty darn hard.

Your first tank should pick up the add immediately, and the second one should pick up his add about 10-15 sec later. That way, the taunt/shield wall cooldowns will line up well and phat lewtz will be yours.

Tried it with 2 shaman healers, went oom. Need better gear yeah =/

Mc both, taunt cycle.

One-shotted last night. Guess it was just trying to learn the MC mechanics.
    MC both at start at roughly same time
    Tank 1 tanks until Bone armor is down
    Tank 2 taunts then tanks until bone armor is done
    Tank 1 ends MC after tank 2 picks up
    Repeat the same general idea until loot.

Also helped that we remembered to updated our dbm so we could call out who got jack knifed.

@teerra-I recomend 3 healers for it. We had 2 druids and a priest and by the end of the fight I think the recruits were at roughly 50% each. Nobody came close to death unless I missed when who he targeted for a knife throw, and waited for the dbm announce.