Spell Power, Burnout, Ice Shards stacking

I can't speak or Burnout but for me it seems that Spell Power and Ice Shards do not stack even though according to the spell description they should.

Spell Power: 2/2 Increases critical strike damage bonus of all spells by 50%
    Ice Shards: 3/3 Increases critical strike damage bonus of your frost spells by 100%.

Frost bolt has a damage range so its not good to test with but right now my Blizzard hits for 500 per tick and crits for 1000. With both talents I would expect it to crit for 1175 (Edit: had wrong number here).

Do you guys know if this is a bug, intended, or if anyone has even noticed the problem?

I see nothing wrong with my reasoning. Both talents should stack correctly for frost spells. Maybe they even do for frost bolt which for me hits like a truck. Maybe this has already been covered for which I apologize only having played a mage for 2 weeks now. (I decided to level one for the expansion to help my arena team)

Re: Spell Power, Burnout, Ice Shards stacking

They increase the bonus crit damage. Not the total damage. This is common misconception. For example, this means that ice shards will turn your 150 frostbolt into 200, not 300. It means you get an extra 100% of the 50 added damage you get on a crit. So you get in total: 100 (base) + 50 (bonus crit damage) + 50 (100% of bonus crit damage for ice shards).
    Manly <Elitist Jerks>

Quote Originally Posted by manly
    They increase the bonus crit damage. Not the total damage. This is common misconception. For example, this means that ice shards will turn your 150 frostbolt into 200, not 300. It means you get an extra 100% of the 50 added damage you get on a crit. So you get in total: 100 (base) + 50 (bonus crit damage) + 50 (100% of bonus crit damage for ice shards).
    No I understand bonus crit damage. Which for ice shards that normally hit for 500 would be 250. If I increase that by 150% the damage should be 500 normal damage +250 for the crit +375 for a total of 1175 but instead I am getting 1000. The exact amount if Spell power were not being taken into account.

This may be an isolated case where it works for other spells but not for Blizzard, which means it is a bug we should report. But it got me thinking that if it's not working for one ice spell maybe it's not working for any of them.

try talenting into only one of them, try it with other spells, give you better results

but i don't have a clue, looks like they should stack

burnout and iceshards stack for FFB spam... so i dunno