Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Are heroics to easy? Are we overgeared? BC nerf ruin Wotlk challenge?

IMO, heroics are easy, some of the heroic achievements can be quite challenging though, like the one in gundrak where u have to interrupt him casting in being a mammoth, the first interrupt is easy but the second is like a 1 second cast with no indication of when he's gonna do it. I only tried it once though gonna go at it this week again.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    Loken is basically a Retard Check.

Many of the runs I've done (going all the way back to beta) have resulted in an initial wipe because people don't understand the encounter at first, usually followed by an achievement-earning one-shot (depending on the DPS).

UP!

DOWN!

UP!

DOWN!

UP!
    Then what do you suggest?

UP!

SPIN AROUND IN A CIRCLE!

JUMP, JUMP!

AAHH HE'S HITTING THE TANK FOR 10K!

SPIN AROUND AGAIN!

NOO, SPIN AROUND THE OTHER WAY!

*wipe*

Perhaps I have misinterpreted Bliz's intent but aren't heroics simply meant to be lower level dungeons that can now be run at max level?
    I don't think they were ever intended to be "OMG I R super 1337 I can beat heroicz!!11!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maloar
    Perhaps I have misinterpreted Bliz's intent but aren't heroics simply meant to be lower level dungeons that can now be run at max level?
    I don't think they were ever intended to be "OMG I R super 1337 I can beat heroicz!!11!"
    So why make heroics of level 80 dungeons?

I've tanked and DPSd every Heroic many times over, both live and on my DK in beta.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

The problem with the old heroics is that they were simply to difficult for the poor gear that they gave players. Blizzard had to make a choice, either improve the gear or reduce the difficulty. It seems to me that they did a little of each, but by readjusting raid difficulty (making it easier to go from normal lvl 80 dungeons, to heroics, to 10-man raids) they had to reevaluate what role heroics had to play. In my opinion, there are still ways for them to increase the difficulty of heroics (and thus the rewards) for players already in raid-quality gear to go through with a small 5-man group. This could be done with anything from timed runs to gear-scaling bosses to extra bosses. Anyways, the point is that these heroics are easier but they also better fulfill their role by being easier.

The heroics theirselfs are easy, but all of the achievements are not. Azjol'Nerub first boss. Go and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    Technically can't casual players see the same instance on non heroic while still leaving a challenge for players that seek one. If you think heroics are just fine wait a few weeks when you're not in gear ten levels old and can read a magazine article while face rolling through them.
    Requiring item lvl epic gear much higher than the heroics drop.. is kind of overkill dont' you think??
    That's the way a handfull of heroics felt in The Burning Crusade, which was retarded-

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    Good point
    Perhaps better to say then that they are designed to start the dungeon progression over at 80?

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    There are no level 80 Dungeons. You can join the queue, get the quests, and easily do all instances when you hit level 78.

Yeah, Heroics are a bit easy, I agree. But some of the achievements are not. If you are bored, then instead of running in tankin'n'spankin bosses, try some of the nasty acheivements, like the Azjol Nerub ones.. I assure you they can guarantee you lots of 'fun', if you like stuff hard. Also, the proto-drake will be a worthy reward if you succeed... Although I have a feeling that you won't get it any time soon

Have a Nice Day (tm)...

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfie
    i dont think there is too much diffrense on tbc and wotlk heroic tbh but if u compare from classic to tbc and tbc to wotlk we now dont have near the same upgrades as from classic to tbc.. when tbc hit not many ppl used a single lvl 60 epix in kara and now the gear from tbc and wotlk aint that bigger upgrades so u can easy use same gear and still pwn so what i see as the problem is that the gear aint enoth improved so it feel like its 100 times easier than last expansion.
    Are you sure?
    It's same gear difference now as it was in BC, maybe even more. People say about huge difference only because not so many guild had Naxx40 on farm.

If you compare then you'll see
    Naxx40 KelThuzed gear > blue 115 gear from BC heroics.

and now:
    KilJaeden gear < blue 200 gear from WoTLK heroics.

well since i made DK ma main, i mean its not that easy for me since im not in fullt6

Heroics are perfect the way they are, if you want a challenge you go raid (after patch 3.1 some might argue). Heroics are a complete drag after completing em 20 times and I myself don't mind they're short and easy to play through, makes rep and emblem farming alot less of a drag.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Heroics are just fine. If everyone was 100% competent and followed every direction, they'd be too easy. But it seems like the DK population on my server has a collective IQ of 3, and they want to flaunt it everywhere as they run rampant across Northrend.

Sometimes I get a great group with 4 other people who know what they're doing, and we fly through instances, and then the next group there's 2x 800 dps mages, a DK that thinks he should offtank if I pull more than 1 monster, and an 8k mana holy pally that is convinced my 30k hp isn't enough for Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    Heroics are a JOKE.

Less than an hour after hitting 80, I tanked heroic UK and Nexus back to back in Kara gear/Welfare Epics (and an assortment of WotLK blues) without wiping once in a grand total of maybe one and a half hours from start to finish.

As I accumulated gear, I cleared the remaining heroics and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of bosses that are actually challenging or pulls where I required CC.

In the next patch, Blizzard will probably let people buy epics from the vendor for 1g each to save them the trouble of actutally earning them...
    Congrats troll, you tanked the 2 easiest heroics when you hit 80...
    User has been permanently banned for trolling due to this post:

"Thanks for explaining to all of MMO champion's forums that you dont know how to p.
    Buy corpse dust, instant win because DKs are ezmode."

Quote Originally Posted by Killtac2
    Congrats troll, you tanked the 2 easiest heroics when you hit 80...
    In lvl70 Welfare Epics/WotLK blues and greens, with incompetent healers, literally under of an hour of hitting 80, with nothing approaching a wipe.

But thanks for contributing!
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy
    Dont like it?

Play another game.

I think it's fine - it actually gives some of the more casual players a chance to see the whole game.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    The heroics theirselfs are easy, but all of the achievements are not. Azjol'Nerub first boss. Go and do it.
    Yes this one is such a bitch!! The first 2 watchers are not too bad to keep up, but that third one with the stupid web on your head debuff is just such a pita when you're the tank.

Some of the achievements are harder to do than any bc heroic. Chaos Theory was a rush and felt like such a huge accomplishment when my group got it last night.

And dunno why you guys even respond to sd78, every post of his seems to be "WoW sucks now" moan moan moan. If you think the game is that bad fuck off and go play something else.

The fact you mention UK is laugh! Cause heroic slave pens was the pinnacle of difficulty as well yes?

clicky for armory