Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: What sort of DPS is your spriest doing

Was doing 2k3 DPS on 10 man Patchwerk today which I really liked

7-8k Crits from MB and SWD are really sweet, as are 3k mindflay crits (when it doesn't bug for once).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruma
    I like your ui, now give it to me!
    It looks like a custom version of Caith UI.

Update: with some fresh items I manage to hit 4284 last night on our Patchwerk kill. However this time around I was surpassed by a warlock.

WWS

With only a Elemental Shaman to buff my DPS I can do around 2700-ish, 3k easy with Bloodlust

With an Elemental Shaman and a Boomkin / Lock / Unholy DK I can do around 3000 sustained, and 3400 Bloodlusted

I have 1610 Spell Power with Inner Fire up, 14% crit, hit capped with Misery up, and only a little haste

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Deathshade

in heroic i'm always on the last place as a dps,and mainly because i don't know which rotation to use.I currently to vampiric touch/embrance/sw mind blast and flay till mb CD is over.(i have 1300 SP and 14,33% crit)
    Can you suggest me a good rotation,so i can pull more dps?

I am glad to see priests finally do some good damage !
    About the nerf, guys don't worry, I've seen warlocks do over 5k dps on patch. So 4.5k dps is probably what the best spriests will be doing once 80 epic geared and it sounds right to me. You should NOT be 1kdps below lock/hunter/mages/rogues.

So 3 cheers to you guys and I wouldn't worry about a nerf really.

I'm now up to 3.3k dps on Patchwerk fully raid buffed and flasked.

Unbuffed Stats:

1588 +spellpower (not including inner fire)
    10.26% crit
    182 +haste
    Hit capped

Still using 4p T6 (shoulders, wrists, gloves, legs) and a number of other 70 epics (cloak, feet, one of my rings, one of my trinkets, neck, off-hand).

80 epics in chest/head/main hand/wand/waist/trinket slots... and an 80 blue in one of my ring slots.

My Spriest is 74 about to ding 75 and I'm only doing 900dps in places like violet hold, Utgarde keep and nexus I've got 1200 sd 15% crit and 60 haste. My spell rotation is Vampric touch as the tanks pulling SWP Mind blast then tab SWP all the mobs around the tank that aren't even being hit yet by anyone but the tank for agro. Back to the main dps target Mind blast then Mind flay and SWP stays up long enough to reup it with mind flay. I know I'm not using SWD I just don't like the grief it can cause the healer if I happen to crit. Is mind sear that much of an uber spell that I get in another lvl that its going to increase my dps by that much or do you see something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Andi

edit: I do devouring plague after SWP and also vampric embrace before tab targeting. Without my buttons in front of me I almost forgot that.

My buddy's SP was hitting 3800 DPS in Naxx 25 last night. I thought that was pretty damn impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by andiamo
    My Spriest is 74 about to ding 75 and I'm only doing 900dps in places like violet hold, Utgarde keep and nexus I've got 1200 sd 15% crit and 60 haste. My spell rotation is Vampric touch as the tanks pulling SWP Mind blast then tab SWP all the mobs around the tank that aren't even being hit yet by anyone but the tank for agro. Back to the main dps target Mind blast then Mind flay and SWP stays up long enough to reup it with mind flay. I know I'm not using SWD I just don't like the grief it can cause the healer if I happen to crit. Is mind sear that much of an uber spell that I get in another lvl that its going to increase my dps by that much or do you see something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Andi

edit: I do devouring plague after SWP and also vampric embrace before tab targeting. Without my buttons in front of me I almost forgot that.
    well for one, lvl 80 rank spells, max rank inner fire with imp inner fire, and you should see yourself doing more dps. trying to compair your lvl 74 priest dps to a lvl 80 is just silly, yes it will get better, no your not doing anything wrong, and for the record, swd actually drops your overall dps by 1%, thus making our t7 set bonuses the worst yet... yay!
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

TYVM that makes me feel better. I know the spells not to mention the level difference and raid buffs and more points to talent will make a difference thank you for responding to me just being a worry wort.

ok, i registered just to post my worries. im probably going to get a lot of L2P comments, but hopefully this place is a bit more friendly than the official wow forums.

i dont consider myself a priest noob, shes been my main for nearly 3 years now, i used to be fairly high in dps charts in bc raiding until 3.0 but i know that screwed the balance of things. now, i havent done 25 man naxx yet (guild still preparing for it,going to start this weekend) but i see MANY lesser geared priests hitting 3.8k dps O_O i did 10man nax and i barely broke 2k O_O what am i doing wrong? my stats are

1800 damage unbuffed (~2k with inner fire)
    240 haste
    20pts off hit cap (this couldnt be it can it? im reporting little to no misses)
    15% crit

do you guys have any suggestions? will doing 25man naxx really improve my dps? and i nuke everything, HARD, i dont use SW, i always have VT and dp up (swp too obv) and hit MB whenever the cd is up, when its not, mind flaying away.

A couple suggestions, and no not intended as L2p stuff just constructive comments

Check your spell rotation, refreshing SWP after getting 5 stacks of shadow weaving up for example.

Make sure your not clipping MF. Current " SPELL CHANGES " grrrrr have made it very easy to clip the last tick off MF. Even with /channeling macros it is still possible to nip that last tick, crippling your DPS.

Watch dot timers, adding Plague into the rotation makes for short timers, and make sure your not over riding the last ticks if at all possible.

Check gem/enchant choices, compare gear with your current gear, sometimes just a small adjustment with gems or a item can make a world of difference.

Crit scales very well now, to Dots and MB, and MF alike. Add to this Imp Spirit tap and the generous amount of spirit on gear in Wrath is pretty much free SP. Referring back to keeping the dots refreshed. 10% spirit for me is a free 50 ish SP, dont waste it Use it.

Try something like Power Aura's or something else that shows you cool downs/buffs/and debuffs ..its nice to know when that trinket procs so you can ramp up that MB and get those dots up with all that added SP.

Just a few suggestions....
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

this is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&n=Aryiess

is there any gems you would reccomend changing? refreshing swp after 5 stack of weaving is perfect. exactly the kind of advice i was looking for. i am very careful not to clip MF, i always let the last tick finish (where before i was casting Mb before mf finish, to compensate for latency)

do you refresh VT just before its going to expire? or after it already has

Add a touch of hit, hit cap is now 288.xx so your shooting for close to there, so your -50 ish or so. There is an amazing +hit trinket from Heroic VH ...highly recommend picking it up if you can. Skull is hard to part with though.

Meta - Look for a Chaotic Skyflare, You'll need to add one more blue-ish gem someplace Misty Dark Jades might be a good solution for you here.

Add a second socket to your sash if you haven't already, cant see it if you have. Buckles are cheap and they provide a slot to stick that nasty blue gem.

Rep is a good thing, If money isn't a issue, look at acquiring either the JC crafted ring/neck combo ...and or the Kirin Tor Ring

Gear guide, It looks like your running heroics there are several guides available, I'm currently using http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16992 there are massive amounts of great blues out there, and tons of fantastic epics from heroics. You've got some already, Id say great start !

Also ... you might want to try a raid and pick up the 2 points in Imp SF ... there are a lot of fights where there is tons of AOE damage running around and push back might be your enemy. I'd suggest a 14/0/57 build

I do let VT tick out and have the next one on the way, I want all the ticks i can get from it =)
    All things just IMO ..take em or leave em =)
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

youd reccomend a 21 crit over a 25 spell meta? does crit really scale that well for us now?? O_O and i have that trinket, im just going to use the neck from badges and the belt from badges, those will put me hit capped

Yes

Your crit % is directly added to your overall dot damage. So ..if you have 15% crit, your Dot damage goes up by 15%

yeah i knew about the shadowform changes, just didnt know crit was that good getting that meta as we speak. if i broke 2.5k dps id be happy, let alone 3k O_O

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic
    thus making our t7 set bonuses the worst yet... yay!
    Yeah. 10% less manacost to do mindblast which costs less than SWP anyway and has a cooldown? LOL. 10% more crit on SWD which isn't part of any rotation? LOL again.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!