Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What sort of DPS is your spriest doing

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Yeah. 10% less manacost to do mindblast which costs less than SWP anyway and has a cooldown? LOL. 10% more crit on SWD which isn't part of any rotation? LOL again.
    I got mana issues

So the two-piece bonus is nice, I like it. The four piece bonus I'd like changed into something more general.

First of all, I want to say "hey yo" to all of You, priests ;p I am reading this forum for few months.

I am shadowpriest, and I rly enjoy the changes to our dps, that Blizz had provided. My guild started running Naxxx 10 yesterday, and I was first in overall dps, so do at Patchwerk (2,3k), but I have a few questions that I want to ask ya.

1. Like a Nezioa, I am having some mana issues at 6-7+ mins fights. My mana is around 14,5k UB. I have 3 mins cd Shadofiend, mana potions, Inner Focus, 3/3 Medidation (14/0/57 build) and Dispression ofc. Any ideas how to menage my mana, so i can keep up more time with sustained dps? Mana problems pose a big threat to our dps, and it's going down as hell, when this problem occurs.

2. I am curious about spending Emblems. Which items You are trying to pick up first? I picked T7 chest, and I am aiming at Trinket / Offhand / Neck / T7 gloves. I also found up, there is no many epic shoulders that fits to SP well (at Naxx 10 lvl)

3. Stacking Haste. Are SPs rly need haste? However it brings more dps, it also leads to faster mana problems, and MF shorter than 2,75 is a waste, because of 5,5 MB cd.

4. After reaching Hit Cap, should I go with spell dmg or rather crit? I am aware, that I should care about both of them, but I am interested with raw numbers (something like 1 critical strike rating = 0,8 spell dmg)

I have a feeling that I forgot about sth, but whatever ;p I am looking forward for fast and constructive responses.

And, to all of those flamers:

- No, it isn't QQ post.
    - This post wasn't only reason to register
    - Dont say sth like L2P

I think that's all ^^

Khaer
    Skullcrusher

I ran TBC with 2.5 mindflays and felt it all flowed fine during my rotation. it's not always you can fire off mindblast every single 5.5 seconds due to environment and lag.

I think haste is a good dps increase, but at this gear level it's not worth prioritizing it over crit, damage, int or spi (imo)

I would never have stacked haste when I was still in FSW gear TBC, but when I got into sunwell I couldn't get enough of it.

I commonly see 2.5k dps in 5 man instances. haven't done enough 10 or 25 man runs to give a good figure.

Quote Originally Posted by aryiess
    <snip>
    You need to get to hit cap. +hit is the single biggest dps increasing stat until you reach the hit cap.

Beyond that, it would come down to your spell priorities and your ability to cast the appropriate spells at the appropriate time... and minimizing dps loss by spell queuing etc.

With your stats you should be doing much better. Make sure you don't clip your VT, make sure you re-apply DP, always keep MB and SWD on cooldown, and make sure if you are going to clip MF (which you should be doing for MB/SWD/VT but not DP) do it at least 1.5s into the channel so you get at least one tick of damage (there are MF bugs atm... first tick should be at ~1s but seems to hit at ~1.5s according to the WWS reports and info on shadowpriest.com)

tedbt

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Getting capped around 2500
    LOL holy shit, you really are bad. You can break 3k with quest and regular dungeon blues.

Quote Originally Posted by tedbt
    LOL holy shit, you really are bad. You can break 3k with quest and regular dungeon blues.
    Annoying to keep repeating it two weeks later, but.. we were talking level 70 gear. Enjoy living on a hit bug, as long as it lasts.

Sorry that some of us went raiding just after dinging 80.

Edit: err, why the fuck am I answering silly forum trolls.. damn early morning.

im pulling in 1800 self buffed dam im only runing the 10 man stuff at the moment with no mage/lock/shammy/boomkin buffs
    1650 sp 380 haste only a 10 % crit and 16.5% hit

4300 on Patchwerk.

Was preparing for big numbers on patchwerk last night (our first night running 25 man, its taken *so* long for some people to get to 80 )

...only to be whispered by a healer desperately asking for mana pots at ~50% into the fight... so I had to stop dps, find them, run over to them, trade them the pots, run back

Was hovering around 3.3-3.4k dps (without the gloves/legs I have now... so with 4p, but ~150 +spellpower and 2% crit less) prior to that interuption, but ended up with 2874dps over the fight (recount)

i was in naxx 10 man last night and im in about half epic half blue and i was only doing around 2300 dps.. i start with my trinket that grants me extra 281 sp then i VT > DP > MB > SW then i put up SW:P and i never let that sw run out and im always putting up vamp touch and DP when its ready and always MBing and mind flaying when they are ready.. idk how to increase my dps cause i just feel alittle low.. another 200-300 dps id be ok with..??

Well, due to the almost extreme scaling of Vampiric Touch it's the most important spell to keep up now.

You can easy loose 2-300 dps on missed out VT ticks.

I assume you're confident with having to get 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving (SW gives two) before putting up SW:P.

Interesting thread, after all, the spriest is scaling properly now (at least at the moment ), and I take it as an apologize from blizzard after they messed things up during the beta. The only negative part is, that our spellrotation hasn't really changed, and also our 51 point talent is unuseful, for both PVE and PVP. But as we're talking about DPS, personally my average goes around 3k without really going to high end limit (because naxx isn't that diffucult )

And we are now the AOE kings

Deleted

"and also our 51 point talent is unuseful, for both PVE and PVP"

no it s not... if you don t like it then don t spec into it but u will be missing an escape button/manapot like ability in some boss encounters. it s definitely a useful and good ability

The only negative part is, that our spellrotation hasn't really changed
    Not more than any other class, SW been revoked in important, and the scaling of certain spells changed (important to know during Bloodlust and low-mana points of fights).

and also our 51 point talent is unuseful,
    Come back when you done 25man Malygos without ever using Dispersion, and not getting Innervates.

If you can do that , keep a high enough dps, and claim you never had mana issues -- in the gear the instance is tuned for, then you can call it useless.

Untill then, it's a quite nice 51 pointer. Very few of the other caster classes use their 51 pointer for raiding.

To sum it up:

- Mage: Living Bomb versus 2x Iceblock

- Warlock: Haunt is nice, but alot of warlocks go 0/41/30 or 0/40/31 instead of affliction, and it's likely to scale better this way. Chaos Bolt and Metamorphis never made it to the top scene.

- Moonkin: Starfall is a nice flare to put on rogues. It's not really part of their rotations on Patchwerk.

- Shaman: Thunderstorm, only used for mana regen, and can be really really annoying to use on certain fights due to the nature of the knockback.

- Shadowpriest: Dispersion very usedable on Four Horsemen, Malygos, Heigan the Unclean, Gothik the Harvester, Maxxena and Thaddius.

Overall I think Haunt is the most used 51 pointer among casters, and then Dispersion and Thunderstorm on a shared second place. Living Bomb on a 3rd place.

15+ Year Old Account

My guild's first two 25-mans had our GM, who is a shadow priest, top on the meter. Of course, my Power Infusions certainly don't hurt him any.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    My guild's first two 25-mans had our GM, who is a shadow priest, top on the meter. Of course, my Power Infusions certainly don't hurt him any.
    Oh no you didn't.

In 25 man Naxx, I was staying around 3.0-3.3k on all bosses...hit 4.4k on Loatheb...didn't get to do Patchwerk yet =\

Was always 1st or 2nd on the DPS charts...some hunter was doing 3.4-3.5k on some fights and would beat me.

Loatheb and Thaddius don't really count

With the Spore buff from the Loatheb fight, it's 50% damage increase to Vampiric Touch.

Was always 1st or 2nd on the DPS charts...
    This sounds so terrible. Because either you were overgeared or the rest of your guild sucks ... hard!

Your dps warriors, rogues and especially MAGES should beat you with ease untill the 4k stable, non-insane buffed, mark.

Our current highest dps shadowpriest (Seisouhen) Does on most fights 4k dps (ish) On patchwerk, he usually is around 5k
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Your dps warriors, rogues and especially MAGES should beat you with ease untill the 4k stable, non-insane buffed, mark.
    Tbh, I am the top dpser in my guild, doing 2,3k-2,8k on the most bosses in Kara 10 man. Most of dpsers are equal geared, but only our DK is close to meh. In addition I have no buffs to improve my dps (such as boomkin aura, or whatever).

And yeah, we are casuals as hell, most of us even don't have a hit cap ^^

But after all, in TBC i was always 3rd-4th on dps charters (doing only kara and ZA) so it means that we had been more buffed than most of other dpsers (except hunters).

One more thing i want to say. Do not understimate the role of Dispression and SWD. However I have nothing to add about Dispression (go back to Nezoia's comments), I want You to know that I rly enjoy using SW and i dont think this skill is almost useless. Yes, it has relatively poor priority in our "spell rotation" but it's a great thing to supply something that I call "dead hole" xD If You can see that You have something around 1 / 1,5 sec to the end of MB's CD - try to cast SW instead of single tick of MB. However it costs more mana and makes your healers's life harder, it is a better option than single tick of MF in my opinion. It triggers imp. spirit tap and glyph. And all, who say that out (4) Tier 7 bonus is useless - almost every class had a better and worse bonuses in some Tiers.

But again - I am only casual player.

PS. When i will gear up a little (hit cap, etc), I will report my dps scalling ;p