Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: What sort of DPS is your spriest doing

The information about you being top dps'ers is rather useless, and only implements that the other people in your guild to bad dps, or you're extremly overgeared in comparision.

That was really the point with the comment. While we do awesome dps, and scale very well, a good mage equal geared mage shall still beat us on stand-still encounters.

We got a slight advantage regarding threat atm. (yes, it's starting to become a issue again), where mages need to spend time going invisible, or using iceblock.

I'm just curious about the dps being done in 5 man heroics
    Atm i'm doin an average of 2.5k+ on 10 mans and 3.5k+ on 25 mans
    * Bonus Damage:1536
    * Bonus Healing: 1536
    * Hit Rating: 331
    * Crit Chance: 15.97%
    * Haste Rating: 244
    * Mana Regen: 205
    those are my stats unbuffed. Also im curious about how often forge ember and sundial trinkets proc for u guys during raid encounters, im not reallly happy with the proc atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Loatheb and Thaddius don't really count

With the Spore buff from the Loatheb fight, it's 50% damage increase to Vampiric Touch.
    This sounds so terrible. Because either you were overgeared or the rest of your guild sucks ... hard!

Your dps warriors, rogues and especially MAGES should beat you with ease untill the 4k stable, non-insane buffed, mark.
    I didn't say they 'counted'..

Yeah, not everyone hit 80 in 2-3 days and have been farming heroic naxx. Most of us were in blues/epics from heroics and it was half pugged (I was a pugger, not even my guild).

With raid buffs (minus shaman totems) I have about 2005 SP and 21ish crit (no boomkin so far) So im happy with my DPS so far.

I'm surprised you didn't say hunters as they're owning the charts...

Because the only hunter I played with in a raid had [item=34334], so I wouldn't expect his dps to be "average".

I know blizzard is looking at nerfing our mind sear aoe =/, other than that, im agreeing with arounf 2.8k dps

Quote Originally Posted by shadeslayor
    I know blizzard is looking at nerfing our mind sear aoe =/, other than that, im agreeing with arounf 2.8k dps
    How do you know? I haven't seen any word of it.

It's not like it do THAT much more damage than other AoEs, and it cost the more mana.

So, first time 25man Patchwerk since I posted my orginal dps.

3831 dps without a boomkin in the raid

Still using T6 gloves, and a healer chest.

So, first time 25man Patchwerk since I posted my orginal dps.

3831 dps without a boomkin in the raid

Still using T6 gloves, and a healer chest.
    I'm doing 3523 on Patchwerk, no moonkin or elemental shaman in raid. 2K spellpower selfbuffed, 15% crit unbuffed. Still using T6 gloves and shoulders.

Slowly building on my dps (and my gear)

Was hovering around 4k dps most of last night, still waiting for our officers to upload the WWS so I can link it.

Some fights are easy to annihilate, like Gluth with aoe part or Thaddius with buffs from charges or Loatheb with buff from spore.. Patchwerk is the only static, all out fight. Overall, in the whole naxx clear I had around 5.5K dps.

Quote Originally Posted by riggs77
    I'm just curious about the dps being done in 5 man heroics
    Atm i'm doin an average of 2.5k+ on 10 mans and 3.5k+ on 25 mans
    * Bonus Damage:1536
    * Bonus Healing: 1536
    * Hit Rating: 331
    * Crit Chance: 15.97%
    * Haste Rating: 244
    * Mana Regen: 205
    those are my stats unbuffed. Also im curious about how often forge ember and sundial trinkets proc for u guys during raid encounters, im not reallly happy with the proc atm.
    Well we cannot calculate what your dps is like in 5 mans. you should get recount for that to check yourself

But in 5 man groups i am constantly around 2000 dps for sure. It is never lower than that but can be way higher :P

In 10 mans my lowest dps is around 2700 for sure.

And in 25 man raids this is around 3900.

All are on normal bosses. Not the nuke like patchwerk because i get more there. or like thaddius with the sick buff ^^.

3.5k on average
    4k+ in 'tank and spank' encounters and that depends whether i need to move a lot or not.

http://wowwebstats.com/iggvjdjwcpjxi?s=735150-775897
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

our spriest is pushing 4500-5k on patchwerk 25. its kind of amazing.

Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Mana Tide, Tricks of the Trade and Furious Howl, heh, that's some nasty buffs.

Pretty well geared as well, Dying Curse is sauce. I haven't seen it drop yet. And the advantage of being a Draenei.

I suspect Draenei also could help on the MF partial misses, because the MF damage is quite high in that log.

I'm surprised, no VE heals, using SW without keeping up VE seems strange to me

no moonkin =[
    But a elemental shaman!

Shhhhh, blizzard is going to nerf us once people start quoting forum threads with SPRIESTS topping DM's...

But yeah srsly Spriest is fun. The only problem i've found is that now every priest and their sister, mother, brother and uncle have a shadow specced priest. Just went from being a ballin DPSer to a ballin Healer. Anyone want to crack open a beer and spam Mind Flay/CoH?
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Mana Tide, Tricks of the Trade and Furious Howl, heh, that's some nasty buffs.

Pretty well geared as well, Dying Curse is sauce. I haven't seen it drop yet. And the advantage of being a Draenei.

I suspect Draenei also could help on the MF partial misses, because the MF damage is quite high in that log.

I'm surprised, no VE heals, using SW without keeping up VE seems strange to me
    But a elemental shaman!

Yeah just got Dying Curse last night + sundial=3700 spell power zomg
    Convinced the rogue to give me ToT =p

Though being draenei, i still get some annoying MF misses though luckily none in naxx that i noticed. It might help, im not sure.

I didnt use VE because we had like 3 resto shaman bouncing Chain heal off the tank for mana reasons or something, and being within 20 yards for ToT made it hit me. Didnt need to waste a GCD.

and wtb Earth and Moon or CoE =[

oh and i imagine i could have gotten higher with power infusion, but our other priest isnt too good at understanding English =/
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Come back when you done 25man Malygos without ever using Dispersion, and not getting Innervates.
    Found a nice rotation for myself. When the second Vortex appears, I SW on the air, use dispersion after that and then use the herbalism Lifeblood. Saves healers, My dps improves and I get my mana back to 90-100%. Also this means that I can use dispersion again at Phase2 when multidotting *eats up mana* / floating from bubble to new one. I really thought that I wouldn't use my dispersion when saw the patch notes. But now, It's almost always on cooldown. Just for the looks or for the use.

Also found a retardfun roulette! Just out of nowhere, cast dispersion while mounted up'n'flying somewhere high, then smash levitation for the hope that you don't crash on to the ground before it's too late.

On DPS topic, almost every of my spells are drained by partial resist. IE, MF made 4500 damage and 300 of it resisted. Why? I've got enough hit, I never miss but partials eat up 3% of my actual damage. Not smashing the buttons hard enough?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    But now, It's almost always on cooldown. Just for the looks or for the use.
    Give yourself a shield before casting dispersion and you look just like a warlock summoning portal for 6 seconds!

On DPS topic, almost every of my spells are drained by partial resist. IE, MF made 4500 damage and 300 of it resisted. Why? I've got enough hit, I never miss but partials eat up 3% of my actual damage. Not smashing the buttons hard enough?
    I think all bosses have some amount of resistances which would explain the partial absorbs. That's why +X/+10 Spell Penetration gems aren't completely useless in PVE, or so I've read.

On another note: I love 25man Thaddius. 5000+ VT ticks ftw.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Give yourself a shield before casting dispersion and you look just like a warlock summoning portal for 6 seconds!
    Haha, I'll give it a try when I get my hands on WoW again!

Might aswell try Penetration gems next week. Cleared the whole content already yesterday so can't test it tonight.