Strand Of The Ancients bugged?

Alliance ALWAYS start first in strand of the ancients, and whenever they capture the titan orb, they're remaining time is subtracted from our time, making it almost impossible to win as horde since alliance start first. Is this intended, or a bug?

PS: Wrong section to post. Sorry :<

Re: Strand Of The Ancients bugged?

umm.. you're supposed to do it FASTER than alliance, so if you take more time than alliance did, you've already lost

The point here is to defend the base as long as you can, and then attack it in a shorter amount of time, the longer the defensive round takes the more time you have in the second round

Well Alliance have a HUGE advantage anyway. Hope it just gets reverted back otherwise this bg won't be used ever

In most sports, going first != advantage. At least going second you know what you have to beat.

how does alliance have the advantage exactly?

lets look at a scenario

Alliance attacks round#1 wins keep in 3:15
    Horde attacks round#2 fails to get keep within 3:15 and loses

Horde attacks round#1 wins keep in 3:30
    Alliance attacks round#2 wins keep in 3:15 and wins

theres no difference between the two, the game just stops when horde can't win anyway

Lol at the OP

Even if the Alliance attacks first all the time, it's barely an advantage as it was pointed out. And the decision of who starts first should be random.

How many bg do you base your opinion on ? 5 ? 6 ?

Ok so even after 5 bgs, there is still 3.1% chance that the Alliance starts these 5 bgs...

Horde do not start 1st thus making it unfair and pretty much impossible to win

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Lol

You're really THAT dumb ? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Lol at the OP

Even if the Alliance attacks first all the time, it's barely an advantage as it was pointed out. And the decision of who starts first should be random.

How many bg do you base your opinion on ? 5 ? 6 ?

Ok so even after 5 bgs, there is still 3.1% chance that the Alliance starts these 5 bgs...
    Almost 20 Sota bgs, alliance started 1st every time

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    How is this unfair? What advantage do they have going first? You have yet to actually answer this question? As a previous poster mentioned...if the horde start first, and the alliance complete the objective faster, the horde still lose. It doesn't matter that they went second.

If horde always go second, you know what to beat. You have a goal. If NOTHING else, that is an advantage. In the Olympics, why do you think it is such a big deal that contender X goes last and that is an advantage? It is in part due to scoring...but MORE so...they know what they have to do to win. If you yourself cannot explain how them starting first gives them an unfair advantage other than you happen to be in groups that lose a lot...then your argument is completely null and void.

edit: To be fair...this is not to say that SotA is not bugged in some way. But this bug would not be advantageous in the way you seem to think it is. If you have lost all or most of the SotA games you have been in, that sucks, but it is not because the team that goes first and sets the pace has an unfair advantage. From my understanding the BG is all about speed...so the faster team will win regardless of whether they go first or second. Think about the old game show, the Pyramid. If all player B has to do is beat player A's time...letting player B go longer than player A went is just a waste of time for both sides.

While I don't believe it is impossible to win when defending first(and in fact win more than I lose), I do have a few points that make it seem a little unfair that the starting positions are not currently rotated.

1. I believe that there is a psychological effect to having to defend for less time. Let's say the alliance take the relic in 5 minutes. At the 4:50 mark of their attack, alliance knows they only have to hold on for 10 seconds and throw everything they have at it. Obviously other people in this thread think differently, but that's how I see it.

2. If horde is slow joining the BG, Alliance get the advantage. Attacking with a numbers advantage means that you can capture the relic real fast. Defending with a numbers advantage still means you have to hold for 10 minutes, and by then the numbers will either be evened out, or the BG will be called on account of too few players.

3. There are achievements that I don't think I will get as horde will get with horde always defending first. to get the achievement for not losing a wall, requires horde to hold on for 10 minutes, it requires alliance to hold on for how even long it took them to take the relic. Not to mention the achievement to capture the relic in 4 minutes, which is counted from the start of the match, not round.

Think of it this way,

Alliance has 8 minutes to cap the thing, they cap it in 6 so we only have 2 minutes to cap it. They have a 4 minute advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojiepat
    While I don't believe it is impossible to win when defending first(and in fact win more than I lose), I do have a few points that make it seem a little unfair that the starting positions are not currently rotated.

1. I believe that there is a psychological effect to having to defend for less time. Let's say the alliance take the relic in 5 minutes. At the 4:50 mark of their attack, alliance knows they only have to hold on for 10 seconds and throw everything they have at it. Obviously other people in this thread think differently, but that's how I see it.

2. If horde is slow joining the BG, Alliance get the advantage. Attacking with a numbers advantage means that you can capture the relic real fast. Defending with a numbers advantage still means you have to hold for 10 minutes, and by then the numbers will either be evened out, or the BG will be called on account of too few players.

3. There are achievements that I don't think I will get as horde will get with horde always defending first. to get the achievement for not losing a wall, requires horde to hold on for 10 minutes, it requires alliance to hold on for how even long it took them to take the relic. Not to mention the achievement to capture the relic in 4 minutes, which is counted from the start of the match, not round.
    1) That's the object of the game isn't it ? Why would any side have slack defence until their almost out of time. You don't make any sense with that. 'Yes guy's, let's not really defend until the last 10 second's of the match'

2) I have been in matche's where horde started with less, it's not as hard as you think. Defending is alway's easier because the attacker's have to put more effort in to get wall's down, getting tank's/charges, getting to the door, while being bombarded. Defender's just get to shoot you along the way and even if you take a wall/gy they spawn behind at the next one, so they are alway's 'entrenched' while your out in the open.

3) Acheivement's are not point's that can be spent, so what does it matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapes
    Think of it this way,

Alliance has 8 minutes to cap the thing, they cap it in 6 so we only have 2 minutes to cap it. They have a 4 minute advantage.
    How on earth did you figure that out ? Allies cap the relic in 6 minutes so they subtract that time from our time ? That mean's if allies cap it in 7 min's 30 second's we only have 30 second's on the clock....Whatever time the allies get from capping is the time the horde has to beat, so in your example we would have 6 minute's, not 2.