Is Reckoning Worth it?

I mean in TBC you didnt use at at all, so it is good now in Wrath? I dont know.

Help?

***Note- I havent been on the computer in over a month really.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Re: Is Reckoning Worth it?

NO

but thats just me. ;D

It increase chance of getting parry bombed, and since you use seal of vengance, and it stacks on each hit, the added dmg from reckoning will only be white, not holy, so no big treat diffrence. For lvling its still nice though, and if you are farming content, you can tank white martyr/blood and it will be helpfull as well.

Well would you still use righteousness or not?

NO, righteousnes is much worse than vengeance now, you wouldt use at all.

Reckoning became a useless 5 points talent.

Blizzard should really think about remove from the tree or change it (its what they already should have done).

Its easy to fix to be a good talent again.

Seeing as you'll be using vengeance most of the time, and vengeance stacks to 5 without reckoning up, I would say the talent is still really only useful for AoE grinding.

Back when vengeance was crap, or like me you were horde, a better case could have been been made for SoR plus reck generating more threat. But at that time, no prot pally in their right mind was stacking expertise a either a threat increasing or parrygib reducing stat. A little expertise was nice but far from the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Seeing as you'll be using vengeance most of the time, and vengeance stacks to 5 without reckoning up, I would say the talent is still really only useful for AoE grinding.

Back when vengeance was crap, or like me you were horde, a better case could have been been made for SoR plus reck generating more threat. But at that time, no prot pally in their right mind was stacking expertise a either a threat increasing or parrygib reducing stat. A little expertise was nice but far from the top of the list.
    So should I also dip into Holy and snag Seals of the Pure?

The choice is Seals of the Pure (3% Judgment + Seal damage per talent point) Vs. Conviction (1% crit per talent point). Crit helps with Judgment crits as well as Shield of the Righteous and Avenger's Shield. Whereas Seals of the Pure is more limited.

Before the seal nerf this was a much closer question, but increasing crit is more or less clearly superior now.

We have three main abilites that crit (judge, ShoR, HotR).

Two that can't crit (SoV ticks, consecrate)