Thread: FERAL DPS!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: FERAL DPS!!

Looking at the posts and damage meters, the conclusion I have to draw is that Shred is still the way to go on boss fights. Why then does Rawr tell me the best rotation is:
    -keep Savage Roar up
    -keep Rake up
    -Mangle/Rake to 5CP
    -Rip

I specifically chose a talent build without Rend&Tear because of the above rotation not using Shred or Ferocious Bite at all. I have been in the top-3 of our 10-man Naxx runs on DPS this way. Can anyone tell me from experience if the above rotation is inferior to the Shred one?

Shred is by far the way to go, just get the new idol and lawl as you become top 3 deepz in 25 mans

Or if you have T6 (preferably belt, boots, or bracers), mangle is the way to go with the rip idol, 2pT7, and the rip glyph.

http://wowwebstats.com/zssrknbzqpm5g?s=124861-136318

4411 dps on 10-man Patchwerk. I was around 4.8 or 4.9 in our 25-man, but I don't have the WWS for it. I'll probably snag one this week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Last time I grouped with a kitty he was below our pally tank on DPS.
    ok first thing to point out is "pally tank" great aoe, druids=no aoe...well until patch . and yea 2nd point, a lot of feral dps druids arent geared well or dont know what their doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Nobody likes a class that can heal or tank but chooses not to.

Don't be a ret pally. Just don't.
    Nobody likes people that spec classes that can't tank or heal and expect it all to be done for them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cruscontrol
    a lot of feral dps druids arent geared well or dont know what their doing.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by nema
    1st of all Feral DPS is now very good, here's alink to my stats, i'm 9th in Damage while tanking lolz, http://wowwebstats.com/frk31mp6evm1s

You want a cat rotation?
    ok then, example for a radi boss fight
    Rotation 1.
    beserk, Ravage, shred, shred, SWITCH TO BEAR FORM enrage, spam mangle and maul till beserk is gone (u can queue maul, and still spam mangle ^^ extra dps ftw) SWITCH TO CAT FORM, rake, (hopfully u have 5 combo with procs now), FB BOOM 14K CRITS !!
    Rotation 2.
    mangle, shred, shred, bear form do magle + maul and another mangle, shift back, rake, tiger fury (100 eng ftw), FB BOOM 14k crit again

u get the picture? remeber to use FB on bleeding targets, it pawns and boost ur crit chance by 50% i have 38% crit chance in cat form raid buffed + 50 = 88% i rarly don't crit it

remeber to use the right glyph
    please don't tell other people that you play a druid.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

This is my advice, if you want dps in feral form become a tank....
    You always on boss, good crits not much running or avoiding, u always get healed and u always get a spot on raids. Since you are the tank you are given priority for items.

Quote Originally Posted by nema

u get the picture? remeber to use FB on bleeding targets, it pawns and boost ur crit chance by 50% i have 38% crit chance in cat form raid buffed + 50 = 88% i rarly don't crit it

remeber to use the right glyph

Pwn is a euphamism for OWN not Pawn. It comes from people trying to type own but fat fingering, and pressing p. What the hell would pawn mean in a situation where you are tring to dominate someone else? Would it mean that you used it for a while then got down on your luck so you decided to take it to your local pawn shop for some extra cash, while fully intending to buy it back after your financial crisis has been averted?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeryn
    Or if you have T6 (preferably belt, boots, or bracers), mangle is the way to go with the rip idol, 2pT7, and the rip glyph.

http://wowwebstats.com/zssrknbzqpm5g?s=124861-136318

4411 dps on 10-man Patchwerk. I was around 4.8 or 4.9 in our 25-man, but I don't have the WWS for it. I'll probably snag one this week though.
    Quite impressive, makes me debate about going feral over boomkin now lol

First of all let me start off by saying I am NOT trolling, but speaking my opinion on this. I play a Feral Druid, as a tank, the way the spec was intended. No other class in the game has 4 viable ways they can play, there is 3 specs, there should be three styles. I agree feral druids should be able to do decent dps, to help leveling, and to be an additional dps when a second or even fifth tank is not needed. That is where it should stop however. If you want to DPS as a druid, go Boomkin. I understand that it is a bit difficult to max out DPS as a feral spec if you spec to be a bear, as it should be. I get sick of looking in que for something as simple as an heroic, and I need a dps or even a healer and I see a druid, I ask them their spec and I see 'Feral DPS'. These people are immediately put on my ignore list. If you're going to play a class or a spec, play the class and spec the way it is meant to be played and don't be a drain on a group. I understand some feral druids are doing very well in damage, these people are usually very skilled but it still makes me sad. People wouldn't be happy if a rogue could just change forms and become a tank, so why allow druids to do the same thing? If you're going to be feral, learn to tank, and if you don't wanna tank.. don't be feral.

Sounds like you have a rather large chip on your shoulder. Blizzard is the one who designed Ferals with the ability to DPS and tank well within the same tree (similar deal with DKs now). Some choose the former rather than the latter. Perhaps you wouldn't want that guy to feral tank anyway because he isn't a very good tank.

I personally feel that a feral druid should be good at both as they are more often than not asked to perform both roles from time to time.

Your post sounds like you want social conventions enforced as law per talent spec, and that isn't going to happen. If some dude doesn't want to tank as feral, then he can sit around and struggle to find a group in a time when DPS falls from the sky like rain.

Quote Originally Posted by shadedglory
    First of all let me start off by saying I am NOT trolling, but speaking my opinion on this. I play a Feral Druid, as a tank, the way the spec was intended. No other class in the game has 4 viable ways they can play, there is 3 specs, there should be three styles. I agree feral druids should be able to do decent dps, to help leveling, and to be an additional dps when a second or even fifth tank is not needed. That is where it should stop however. If you want to DPS as a druid, go Boomkin. I understand that it is a bit difficult to max out DPS as a feral spec if you spec to be a bear, as it should be. I get sick of looking in que for something as simple as an heroic, and I need a dps or even a healer and I see a druid, I ask them their spec and I see 'Feral DPS'. These people are immediately put on my ignore list. If you're going to play a class or a spec, play the class and spec the way it is meant to be played and don't be a drain on a group. I understand some feral druids are doing very well in damage, these people are usually very skilled but it still makes me sad. People wouldn't be happy if a rogue could just change forms and become a tank, so why allow druids to do the same thing? If you're going to be feral, learn to tank, and if you don't wanna tank.. don't be feral.
    I personally think this is one of the stupidest things i have seen. I play a feral druid and have for quite some time. I have a tank dps and a healing set. I dps when not in a group and if i get in a group i think it is great cuz if we need a tank i am your man if we already have one then i know i can put out the dps needed to make sure we succeed in the group. I have been in multiple groups where I started out being the tank but as we picked up members we grabbed another tank that doesn't do as much dmg as i could as feral so i let that person tank and i did dps. I think it is great we can be more versatile and think it is stupid for someone to whine just cuz they probably can't do a good job at it. if you wanted to not be able to do multiple thing you should have rolled a differnt class

Unbelieveble opinions from some of these guys here.. sigh

" i put feral dps on ignore" and then he says if want to play as dps go boomkinn... not long a go it was argued that Oomkin (as we were called back then) were not eaven a deasent spec at all. Back then it was Feral DpS, Tank or Healer. Balance was +3% hit, combat res + innervate and nothing more. No raid dps, no PvP dps...

The effect of various specs in this game change from time to time. It can be argued on the sort of logic mentioned that the worst spec of every class shouldnt be played at all, or eaven that the best is the only one that should... ill ask, if at some point in the future cat dps out weights bear tanking, will you then say that bear tanking shouldnt be done since its a "drain on a group" ? My money is on you saying that Bear tanks need some buff since it no more can do its job. We are few weeks to a patch, in a game which from its beginning hasnt been totally and optimally balanced. Who is to say if Feral is ment for Tanking or Cat DpS. If Cat DpS is supported by this game, it should be supported whole heartedly.

I personally dont choose classes to groups or raids. I choose solutions to tasks and broblems. Most of the time, good skills weight more than optimal group.

Oh, another thing. Most of all, we are supposed to have fun while playing this damn game. I strongly advice you to do so, what ever is your current spec/class/gear. What earned me my raid spot in TBC was skills and dependability (+ the fact that i had T5 tank and heal gear at hand if need be :P), lucky for me the X-Pac brought along bit of the dmg aswell . Bye bye Oomkin, enter the Boomkin.

http://wowwebstats.com/pmvqpn5j5isiy?s=bosses&m

God dammit, i think i just made my first troll post...

Sk

oh, by the way Lunitar and Valari are Cats so feel free to browse trough the stats of our other raids aswell to get some sort of feel what feral DPS is at semi good gear and with the support of casual raid guild.
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

So what you're saying is, you're in the same boat as the people who go "if you're a druid, you should heal"

Feral DPS are tier 2 right now, next to hunters(getting nerfed), Affliction Warlocks, and Mages (both being watched).

I'll be gladly be put on your ignore list though, I don't get along well with closed minded or stupid people, and I doubly don't like people that fits both categories.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

LOLS....wow although your reasoning may be long..think you just wasted a nice bit of your life. you say its sad to see feral druids wanting to dps, and that dont be feral if you want to dps. both ignorant comments. as you said, getting up there on dps as a feral druid take some amount of skill, why diss the people who decide to do it. are you the one who pays these players monthly wow bill?..probably not so why pick on them. let them play how they want. my only reasoning why i can think of why you're so mad is that you're either getting out dps'd by one, or you have competition now on drops. but yea o well think im done wasting my time on your ignorance. have fun pmsing

Obviuos troll is obvious.
    maybe you fails as dps feral, thats why you think that, lacking the capacity of perform an optimal rotation, i as feral do more dps than any rogue or warrior (only huntards or retardins can outdps me, sometimes)
    i loled reading that bs so hard ahhh...

I run with a feral spec heavily favoring tanking talents and I still do incredibly high dps compared to what I would do in burning crusade raids.

Here is WWS from a recent sartharion kill (i tanked trash so don't pay any mind to that.) Also I disconnected when Sarth was at like 15% or so
    http://wowwebstats.com/6ep65lnq4mdto

Obviously you can spec to maximize your dps or tanking, but whoever is trying to claim that if you spec for one then you ABSOLUTELY CAN'T do the other is completely wrong.

I'm spec'd as a tank and only dps if the tanking roles are full. Even as tank spec when dpsing I'm pulling 2.5k+ dps on boss fights, which granted isn't amazing, but for having most of my items focused on hp, dodge and armor, and lacking a few key talents that's damn good. I say if someone wants to spec and gear as feral dps there's no reason to bitch at them. They are more than competent at filling the role of dps. In fact I'll be gathering some gear more aimed at dps and dual specing Feral when the time comes.