Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priest -Weapon

Unfortunately Priests aren´t able to wear swords. But there is no weapon, which is as good as The turning Tide from Kel. So what will you wear instead of the sword?

Actually i´m wearing the Staff from Malygos 10.
    But i´m thinking about the mace from kel, because of the Spell Dmg. But the mp5 isn´t that good for me as shadow.

Any ideas?

Re: Shadow Priest -Weapon

Any mace / dagger with high Spellpower and crit will do for me :P (stats are nice, but not important)

Combine it with the 25 badge offhand and your sorted. :P

If you prefer using staves, use somthing with lots of int and prob spirit as well next to loads of spellpower and crit.

If you are able to, craft the weapon. Blacksmithers can do it for you, just get the materials.

Heal Mace from Kel is the best for us.. the blacksmithers one is rly good, (3rd) but there are plenty of Mace/Dagger that can drop in the instances..

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16992

I got [item=41384] made last night. Roughly 2000g in materials, not really that bad when you earned 6000g on leveling + Loremaster.

WTF - 2k
    I have couple stacks each of cobalt and saronite - and alchy's falling overthemselves to get the skillup to transmute.
    Frozen orbs in the bank
    Eternal Shadow and earth in the bank ready
    I think farming the fires will be better time spent than buying

I really don't think I will be spending anything close to 2k on this. Gotta love that for most alch's everything goes green at about 425 - but the transmute stays brown. Just standing in Dal took me one only request - I got 4 /w's to do one for free. And at the time I only had mats for 1

Alchemist can transmute Titanium Bars, not Titansteel, that's a Blacksmith cooldown.

Average material price is 3-400g per bar.

titansteel = 3x titanium bars + EF + EE + ES
    Titanium Bars = 2x Cobalt bars + 8x Saronite Bars + 2x Crys Life + transmute FROM AN ALCHEMIST

So the mats for your titanium bars are a bunch of stuff that a lvl 70 char can go farm (which is what I did in about 3 hours)
    Getting 6x titansteel seems to be the same story - I assume its a skillup because I have guildies offering it (almost pleading)

Honestly the mats for this while leveling are cheap as chips

I think 350g / bar is also cheap as chips. 350 * 6 = 2100g.

EF + EE + ES = 150g atleast.

So perhaps 200-250g would make up for the real effort, and it would be 1200-1500g.

Most in my guild have professoins that benefit raiding

I use the one made by a Blacksmith. Really nice weapon and after leveling you should easily have enough Gold to buy the mats. Before that I used the revered Kirin Tor dagger (yes, it looks like a sword but is a dagger), nice weapon to start with and easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    titansteel = 3x titanium bars + EF + EE + ES
    Titanium Bars = 2x Cobalt bars + 8x Saronite Bars + 2x Crys Life + transmute FROM AN ALCHEMIST

So the mats for your titanium bars are a bunch of stuff that a lvl 70 char can go farm (which is what I did in about 3 hours)
    Getting 6x titansteel seems to be the same story - I assume its a skillup because I have guildies offering it (almost pleading)

Honestly the mats for this while leveling are cheap as chips
    Meh, I can buy the mats and spend 3 hours farming gold, or farm the mats (without a miner) and it'll be roughly equivocal.

2k is nothing.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I use [item=41384]+[item=40698]. According to my research, I won't swap the MH weapon until Kel'Thuzad hits the floor in 10Man. Or if Kel'Thuzad hits the floor in 25Man. Which is quite hilarious if you ask me since it's a crafted weapon. The offhand will be replaced much earlier though, with [item=40273] which is from Gluth or Patchwerk in Naxxramas 25Man (which is still far away for my current guild) and the item costs 25x[item=40752], which you can get in ~2days.
    -.-

I will not even bother with the off-hand from Patchwerk or Gluth. In my eyes the badge one is better. As a SP we need to stack crit in favor of haste for now. (untill you reach a certain amount of crit % at elast). After that i am gonna focus on haste more.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    I will not even bother with the off-hand from Patchwerk or Gluth. In my eyes the badge one is better. As a SP we need to stack crit in favor of haste for now. (untill you reach a certain amount of crit % at elast). After that i am gonna focus on haste more.
    Actually, I do have to agree with you. I'll keep the offhand too and search for more crit oriented items.
    -.-

DPS output with crit and haste now help us a ton. Im currently trying to find a perfect balance of both to keep them within limits of eachother. The faster i can cast will make up for 1-3% of crit lost by stacking 150-300 haste. plus in a pinch that haste can make the differnce of loosing a boss encounter when 1 healer goes down. Remember that Spriest are formitable and I mostly love them cause you dont have to COOKIE CUTTER to be good. Find your play style and have fun.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I got [item=41384] made last night. Roughly 2000g in materials, not really that bad when you earned 6000g on leveling + Loremaster.
    Yes the mace is quite nice, but the one dropping from Kel`Thusat (10) counts equal i would say.
    The mace dropping in Naxx 25 you have to fight with the healers :-(

On my server ist a bit more then 2k Gold ... an Naxx on farm .. so no question ;-)

Alchemist can transmute Titanium Bars, not Titansteel, that's a Blacksmith cooldown.

Average material price is 3-400g per bar.

its mining just too let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Monky

its mining just too let you know
    Yeah, I actually knew that. My memory mix stuff up because most BSs are miners too

Quote Originally Posted by Anatar
    Yes the mace is quite nice, but the one dropping from Kel`Thusat (10) counts equal i would say.
    The mace dropping in Naxx 25 you have to fight with the healers :-(

On my server ist a bit more then 2k Gold ... an Naxx on farm .. so no question ;-)
    Serious raiders bought it to kill Malygos on first raid week

And then I can priortize other items first instead.

Deleted

Yeah, I actually knew that. My memory mix stuff up because most BSs are miners too
    Serious raiders bought it to kill Malygos on first raid week

And then I can priortize other items first instead.
    Kill Malygos the first raid week should show you the skill of the players.
    And i don´t thing they don´t do naxx bevor Malygos.
    Spend > 2000 Gold for an item that you can replace in one week or two
    is from my pov not that intelegent.... ok if you have >20000 Gold
    this is not a question :-)

Naxx ist definitiv not gear dependent exclut the tanks maybe.
    Get yourself one or two player who have done Naxx pre BC
    and your fine. But even without Naxx isn´t that challanging.
    Cleared both 10 and 25 naxx in the first ID.

btt: [Titansteel Guardian] is not bad thats for sure. But worth the >2000 Gold
    i don´t think so.

Keep waiting on the drops btw :-(

Last week Kel Thuzad dropped Hammer of the Astral Plane... A healing pal got it...