Hammer of the Righteous for DPS

Usually playing my prot paladin I snach the tankingspot before any DK or Warrior, but yesterday I was called upon to DPS.

Ofc I topped the damage done by the end of the run(Yeha I know, the other players werent very awsome :P), and it got me thinking.

1) HotR sais it does 4x Mainhand weapon dps.... that includes the 10% from the specialization. So, does it also make 4x damage if I use a polearm or other 2h weapon? I see nowhere that it would require a 1h weapon in the tooltip.

2) Would that pose viabilty for a Prot based PVP/PVE spec, something similar, but no exactly like THIS.

I might be all wrong here, but I would like to hear your thoughts and maybe see some testing on the topic?

Re: Hammer of the Righteous for DPS

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53595

"Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon"

Sorry :-\

Aaaah, crap. I was looking at it in the tanentcalculator, and it said nothing about it.

Too bad, tought I finally found something OP :P

Edit: Not that we arent OP atm... :P

I tend to be right below the maintank when Im offtanking Archavon (keeping myself second on threat) in full tanking kit.

So just grabbing a bunch of ret gear, get a shield with lots of str on it and a good DPS one hander and you should be able to fair "okay" in a dungeon... Don't expect to be a DPS class though, prot is tanking and the ability to do damage just comes extra when you form a party with 4 tanks and a healer