Archavon Hotfix, Dreamhack, Blue posts

Archavon Encounter Changes
    Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker)
    Due to the high quality of the items attainable through the Archavon encounter in Wintergrasp, we are going to be making some changes. To keep the encounter in line with the rewards, we have changed the Raid Lock from a 3-day to a 7-day timer.

Additionally, we have raised Archavon’s hit points, in heroic, to keep the quality of item on par with the challenge of the encounter.
    Blizzard's off to DreamHack!
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)
    DreamHack Winter is back, and Blizzard Entertainment will be there! We've partnered with TeliaSonera to give this year's attendees a chance to play Blizzard's upcoming StarCraft II and the recently released World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.

You'll find us next to the DreamArena, where Blizzard representatives will be on hand to answer questions, chat with players, and demonstrate the games. We'll also be running several contests featuring great prizes, including the Lich King's legendary sword Frostmourne -- though don't be surprised if Arthas himself shows up to try to stop you from winning.

This year's DreamHack Winter takes place from 27 to 30 November at Elmia in Jönköping, Sweden. For more information on the event, visit the DreamHack website. We look forward to seeing you there!

DreamHack website:
    http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw08

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Naxxramas - Four Horsemen chest
    We're not happy with the need for everyone in the raid to individually open a dungeon and raid chest to grab their badge inside, and currently examining possibilities for making this easier. (Source)

Violet Hold - Door Blocked
    I'm examining possible solutions for how to get players who die and release back into the event area. What seems simple in concept can sometimes be really tricky to implement. (Source)

Spells with knockback effects
    We understand the problem here and have heard it from many players, especially tanks. The knockbacks can be useful when leveling or in PvP, but they do annoy some dungeon and raid groups. We are talking about adding minor glyphs to the spells with knockback effects. They would add some small benefit, cooldown reduction perhaps, in return for removing the knockback. (Source)

Parry Hasting removed?
    The reduced swing time for a creature's next swing after it successfully parries an attack still exists in the game, and the vast majority of all creatures in WoW use the mechanic. Note that we have the ability to flag specific creatures to not be affected by this mechanic if we so choose for balance purposes. An example of such a creature would be Patchwerk, a very high melee damage dealing raid boss. (Source)

[EU] Free Character Migration (Source)
    The following Free Character Migration will be available from November 26th to December 2nd:

Al'Akir => Dentarg, Xavius
    Argent Dawn => Darkmoon Faire, Steamwheedle Cartel, The Sha'tar
    Burning Legion => Ahn'Qiraj, Daggerspine
    Crushridge => Bladefist, Karazhan
    Drak'thul => Burning Blade, Deathwing
    Grim Batol => Dentarg, Xavius
    Magtheridon => Zenedar, Haomarush (Horde only)
    Neptulon => Ahn'Qiraj, Daggerspine
    Outland => Bladefist, Karazhan
    Ravencrest => Burning Blade, Deathwing
    Sylvanas => Auchindoun, Lightning's Blade
    Twilight's Hammer => Auchindoun, Lightning's Blade

Additionally please note we also have free character migration from some realms to the new realm Chamber of Aspects. For more information, please check the following thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=6848456286&sid=1

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Spirit Beast vs Devilsaur
    We're aware of the Lovegevity bug. We'll get that fixed and then adjust the dps as necessary. It should be a choice equivalent to a Devilsaur, but we don't want the Spirit Beast to be far and away the best pet choice. I don't think any of you are asking for that, but sometimes my quotes have a way of being taken out of context. (Source)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Why the removal of auras cooldown didn't happen
    I posted some time ago that we weren't sure we were going to go through with this change after all. We really didn't like the idea of a paladin having to (or being asked by the group to) keep say Devotion Aura up but swap to the fire resist aura just before an incoming PoM Pyro in PvP or a dragon breath in PvE.

Auras are supposed to be something you generally choose before a battle, not a reactive ability like Spell Reflect that you swap in and out of depening on what is happening in the fight. Getting rid of the GCD makes them feel like you are supposed to use them reactively. (Source)

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Upcoming Elemental Shaman changes
    The Unrelenting Storms change was less about trying to fix (non-existent) mana issues and more because that talent was pretty severely underbudget. You can't always compare talents between classes, but in this case you could find similar talents that gave a lot more for only 3 points.

We still have some plans to do more with totems, but those will be a little longer coming.

We'll have to monitor the LB vs. CL choices. It's not a bad situation if you favor CL more on group pulls and LB more on single targets. This will be a good thing to evaluate on the PTR.

As always, I'm just reporting changes that the class designers came up with as a group. Feel free to give them the credit for anything you like and me the blame for anything you don't.

We don't want to announce when this patch will go live for the reasons we usually don't announce such things. But you will see the changes in the next minor content patch, which is not the same as a hotfix or weekly maintenance, but isn't the same as a major content patch with a new raid either. (Source)

New Fan Art: Where Did He Go?
    A new fan art has been added to the official site .... Where Did He Go?

Deleted

Re: Archavon Hotfix, Dreamhack, Blue posts

1st
    Anyways I didn't really understand the hunter post, are they saying they want to make spirit beast (non exotic but very rare pet) with a dinosaur (best rare pet and easy to get)? Imo they should make its dps like a cat, also its spirit strike seems to be bugged

Deleted

You'd think they'd also wake up and go "oh shit, we actually didn't mean Naxx to be easier than a lvl 80 5-man dungeon" as well.

Wryxian added a (Horde only) tag to Magtheridon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoo
    You'd think they'd also wake up and go "oh shit, we actually didn't mean Naxx to be easier than a lvl 80 5-man dungeon" as well.
    thats what i assume will happen.. a reverse nerf... aka a buff... to the raid bosses...
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    thats what i assume will happen.. a reverse nerf... aka a buff... to the raid bosses...
    They can't buff existing content, that would be unfair to those who hadn't reached endgame yet.
    What they might do is add a "level 3" to existing raids... or simply buff Ulduar before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoo
    And im guessing this post came from a player who has yet to enter Naxx and only heard about how easy it is from T6 Geared players?

Quote Originally Posted by killaklown
    And im guessing this post came from a player who has yet to enter Naxx and only heard about how easy it is from T6 Geared players?
    T6 or not they trained for ages on Beta perfecting the raid to make sure they reach world first so it's their fault it's too easy.

unfortunately time has passed and normal people are now wtfpwning naxx as well..

its not just "elite snobs who ruined there own endgame by farming on beta 1000000times! then complaining to there moms who they live with." who have beaten it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode
    1st
    Anyways I didn't really understand the hunter post, are they saying they want to make spirit beast (non exotic but very rare pet) with a dinosaur (best rare pet and easy to get)? Imo they should make its dps like a cat, also its spirit strike seems to be bugged
    Spirit beast and Devilsaur are both exotic pets.

And it seems there is a bug or dps diff, dont know i'm MM myself and do not bother looking @ exotic's.

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    unfortunately time has passed and normal people are now wtfpwning naxx as well..

its not just "elite snobs who ruined there own endgame by farming on beta 1000000times! then complaining to there moms who they live with." who have beaten it anymore.
    lol time has passed.. you call 2 week some time.. you dunno what a normal player is.

Regarding the 2 weeks being "some time":

When Wrath released I moved from my casual raiding guild (one of the more successful casual guilds on server) that beat BT a week before the expansion to a raiding guild that was doing Sunwell pre-expansion.

I was the 9th or 10th person in the new guild to hit 80. At that time there was 1 person in the old guild at 80. After "some time" of 2 weeks, the new guild beat Naxx in the first week and had enough 80s to field two teams in the second week.

The casual raiding guild, who is who this entry-level content is actually tuned for, still does not have enough 80s to field a single Naxx team. Even when they do, I can say from experience in both guilds that they will not beat Naxx in the first two weeks of being there, even if they can beat it in less than a month - they will be hammered by both the gear and co-ordination requirements.

The majority of 'normal' WoW players aren't even 80 yet, let alone farming Naxx.

yea i actually mean to say people who didn't have betas steam rolled it by now, and yea i know the majority of people have not cleared it.

i was talking about 'normal'(don't know why you felt quotes necessary) raiders.
    as in people who are mostly/only concerned with raiding, i know casuals raid. but alot of people take there time leveling on purpose to soke up the content or w/e gets you off.

when i said unfortunately i was referring to the other persons quote, as in unfortunately you are incorrect, many people who are not t6 decked can make there way very well in naxx. i was not saying this is a bad thing, im merely saying that 2 weeks have past and people besides the world firsters have done, steamrolled, or at least taken a bite out of naxx.

there are casuals who hate lvling and power leveled too you know. its not just a hardcore thing to take time off for the game ether, if you go by the common definition of casual that is not based not on skill but on available time/other commitments, i don't see how taking a couple holiday days and power lvling with your buddies is hardcore...

so it is unfair to still assume that someone saying "guys naxx is kinda easy" is a troll/no life beta-humper/super hard-core raider.

and yes im still aware, as i was at the beginning of the post, that not everyone has cleared naxx.

Deleted

people who cleared naxx before wotlk (before and after TBC) for them its very easy

What's wrong with naxx being easy? I like it. It sets an equal stage for end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Archavon Encounter Changes
    Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker)
    Due to the high quality of the items attainable through the Archavon encounter in Wintergrasp, we are going to be making some changes. To keep the encounter in line with the rewards, we have changed the Raid Lock from a 3-day to a 7-day timer.

Additionally, we have raised Archavon’s hit points, in heroic, to keep the quality of item on par with the challenge of the encounter.
    [/blizzquote]
    lol!

I 16 manned this guy, took 2 attempts (1 learning, enraged with 50k health left, 2nd killed him). He was stupid easy.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Upcoming Elemental Shaman changes
    The Unrelenting Storms change was less about trying to fix (non-existent) mana issues and more because that talent was pretty severely underbudget. You can't always compare talents between classes, but in this case you could find similar talents that gave a lot more for only 3 points.

We still have some plans to do more with totems, but those will be a little longer coming.

We'll have to monitor the LB vs. CL choices. It's not a bad situation if you favor CL more on group pulls and LB more on single targets. This will be a good thing to evaluate on the PTR.

As always, I'm just reporting changes that the class designers came up with as a group. Feel free to give them the credit for anything you like and me the blame for anything you don't.

We don't want to announce when this patch will go live for the reasons we usually don't announce such things. But you will see the changes in the next minor content patch, which is not the same as a hotfix or weekly maintenance, but isn't the same as a major content patch with a new raid either. (Source)[/blizzquote]

New Fan Art: Where Did He Go?
    A new fan art has been added to the official site .... Where Did He Go?

[/quote]

I'm wondering what they'll do to my totems...