Thread: Misery Bugged

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Misery Bugged

you're my hero nezoia ^_^ (and yes, i DO care about postcount, srs bsns)
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Anything solved yet with this subject?

no
    (+1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

missing misses thats srs buisness!
    Have to say when i looked at my combat log i also had alot of nonmisses and im far from hit roof.

Showing some WWS or SWS logs would help.
    Macho, Druid
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Macho

Slashyo, Rogue (alt)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Slashyo

I found a post on shadowpriest.com about the same issue, with a WWS log:

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?p=163008#p163008

I have definitely observed odd behaviour when it comes to the hit cap. I ran Naxx-25 with 7% to hit (188 hit rating) and saw zero misses in 4 hours of play.

http://wowwebstats.com/uqp4zarxkd4ew?a=x232a1bd

I just checked on the Heroic Training
    Dummy, and with 12 hit rating I only missed once (a mind blast) in 10 minutes of dps. I should see a 10.5% chance to miss, that isn't even close to correct though.

I just went ahead and stripped my gear of all hit gems and enchants for now, since it's pretty obvious to me the hit cap is way lower than it is supposed to be, in the case of shadow priests at least. I'm guessing it's a bug with a talent (Shadow Focus?), too lazy for the time being to test with 0/0/0 spec though.
    Something is very very wrong.

Target Dummy tests. Each test represents roughly 45 seconds testing, as in my full mana pool.

Test 1 - Level 80 Normal Monster Dummy

- 11.55% hit (including talents)
    - Expected misses: 5.45%
    - Actually misses: 0%

No Shadow Focus or Misery.

Test 2 - Level 83 Boss Dummy

- Actually misses: 3 Mind Flays, 2 Mind Blasts, 1 SWD.

More detailed for 2rd try:

109 damage "hits", 6 misses. Roughly 6.64%

Test 3 - Level 83 Boss Dummy

- 14.55% hit (including talents)
    - Expected misses: 2.45%

3/3 Shadow Focus. No Misery.

Conclusion

Even so little data don't say much, I think this is the idea:

The extra 3% hit for bosses is somewhat bugged or not present, and only applies to the application of the DoTs (it always been like that I belive). So we'll only need hit rating for the initial application of spells, which comes down to be around 30% of our dps? Or perhaps even less.

I would estimate that 1 hit rating is worth less 1 spellpower when you got 14% buffed hit rating, ie. 8% on your gear.

More data collection would be required to do a more scientific proof, but as of now I see no reason to get more than 8% hit on my gear unless it comes free.

My guild went on a naxx 25 run for the first time yesterday evening. Atm i have around 11.5% hit rating, so I am missing 5.5% to be hitcapped. During the entire run I definately saw enough misses that should be shown in recount. While studying recount after the raid, ( I always do that) i couldnt find any "misses" in the logs. Therefore I can only conclude recount is not working properly atm.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    My guild went on a naxx 25 run for the first time yesterday evening. Atm i have around 11.5% hit rating, so I am missing 5.5% to be hitcapped. During the entire run I definately saw enough misses that should be shown in recount. While studying recount after the raid, ( I always do that) i couldnt find any "misses" in the logs. Therefore I can only conclude recount is not working properly atm.
    i totaly agree on that!!!!!!!!!
    There is somethink wrong whit the mods i would say.
    Or the log but i don´t think its this way around!

Maybe there are small changes in the fightlog and the
    mods don´t take them into acount.

i would say we should post this situation into the mod-forum.

Well

If the combatlog is not logging the misses (WWS stats without misses exist as well) -- then what's going on?

I don't see people loosing DPS due to lower hit rating. Two persons with equal gear, where one got 100 hit less. Same damage.

Yes, something is going on. There's several very weird happenings with hit right now; melee cap appears to have dropped 1%, but retadins are reporting as much a 4% below cap without missing. Shammies are similar. Spriests are apparently getting at least 6% more hit than they should. It doesn't seem to be ghost hit where talents prior to 3.0 still gave the full hit rating (for a while retadins had a ghost 3% if they were specced into Precision before it was removed), so something very odd is going on.

Also worth mentioning Flay seems to have its very own bugs; there is no more aura applied on casting so initial misses aren't showing up on anything (WWS included) and it can miss on bosses even above 17%, whereas other spells seem capped more around 10-11% for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Target Dummy tests. Each test represents roughly 45 seconds testing, as in my full mana pool.

Test 1 - Level 80 Normal Monster Dummy

Test 2 - Level 83 Boss Dummy

- Actually misses: 3 Mind Flays, 2 Mind Blasts, 1 SWD.

More detailed for 2rd try:

109 damage "hits", 6 misses. Roughly 6.64%

Test 3 - Level 83 Boss Dummy

- 14.55% hit (including talents)
    - Expected misses: 2.45%

3/3 Shadow Focus. No Misery.

Conclusion

Even so little data don't say much, I think this is the idea:

The extra 3% hit for bosses is somewhat bugged or not present, and only applies to the application of the DoTs (it always been like that I belive). So we'll only need hit rating for the initial application of spells, which comes down to be around 30% of our dps? Or perhaps even less.

I would estimate that 1 hit rating is worth less 1 spellpower when you got 14% buffed hit rating, ie. 8% on your gear.

More data collection would be required to do a more scientific proof, but as of now I see no reason to get more than 8% hit on my gear unless it comes free.
    U only need 5% hit against equal lvl, so 11,55hit on the 80dummy is more than twice as much needed.

Need way more testing to come to an conclusion.... but it looks like some of our talents give more than they should from that little testing.

With 3/3focus, misery and 10.29% hit from gear i still got a MB miss... so id say everything is as its supposed to be.

MF on the other hand.. it is bugged. i tried more the 17% hit and i got less miss, but.... rng... need more testing.
    My guess is that it doesnt benefit form either focus of misery (or both, but i dont miss that much)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Cleared all of Naxxramas except Spider Wing. Constantly monitored Recount and Parrot for misses and resists on alll spells used on both trash and bosses. 119 hitrating, 5/5 Misery & 3/3 Shadow Focus.

0 misses and resists.

Discuss.
    -.-

Quote Originally Posted by jkw
    Cleared all of Naxxramas except Spider Wing. Constantly monitored Recount and Parrot for misses and resists on alll spells used on both trash and bosses. 119 hitrating, 5/5 Misery & 3/3 Shadow Focus.

0 misses and resists.

Discuss.
    Now look at your actual spells and abilities instead of the addons. Still no misses? i cannot believe that. As i posted before, my recount doesnt show the misses and resists even though i can clearly see my spells doing so. I still think there is something wrong about the addons.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Now look at your actual spells and abilities instead of the addons. Still no misses? i cannot believe that. As i posted before, my recount doesnt show the misses and resists even though i can clearly see my spells doing so. I still think there is something wrong about the addons.
    It DO show misses. Some Hunter missed 6% of Steady Shots, some Warrior missed x% of Bloodthirsts etc.

And what do you mean by checking my actual spells and abilities? If a spell misses or gets resisted, I've setup Parrot to show it as big fat text in the center of the screen. And I did not see any misses or resist as I've made em _impossible_ to miss in Parrot if they actually occur since it would be a dps-loss.
    -.-

How is parrot going to know its resisted when it doesnt even show up in the combatlog? (mf)

Hence why we think it's bugged. Now I guess none of you have visited the other class forums, but take for example, Mages

Elemental Precision - Rank 3
    Reduces the mana cost and increases your chance to hit with Frost and Fire spells by 3%.

Most bugged talent ever. The effect it had on spells been completely random since vanilla, and current status in WotLK is it gives 6% hit to Frostfire Bolt.

I also seen some warlocks commenting about Catalysm (3% hit, again) also gave much difference experience regarding misses.

Here's to compare the 3 talents:

Cataclysm - Rank 3
    Reduces the Mana cost of your Destruction spells by 3%, and increases the chance to hit with your Destruction spells by 3%.

Elemental Precision - Rank 3
    Reduces the mana cost and increases your chance to hit with Frost and Fire spells by 3%.

Shadow Focus - Rank 3
    Increases your chance to hit with your Shadow spells by 3%, and reduces the mana cost of your Shadow spells by 6%.

See a pattern ?

How is parrot going to know its resisted when it doesnt even show up in the combatlog? (mf)
    If it doesn't show up in the combat log, how can we know that we need 17% hit and not 14% ?

The current information about nessary hit is made from combat log data analyses, made on the beta (since it's been known for some months).

The whole talk is because when we have to choose between 20 SP or 20 hit, while not being capped, selecting 20 SP would be the best choice if hit is bugged.

Specially for entry raiders. Personally I got more hit than nessary, and it's unlikely to change for a months time.

i was still missing with MF with close to 22% hit (talented). For all that i know, its just MF bugging and no hit whatsoever will make it hit 100%...

Edit: And with 16.29% hit (talented) i had a normal miss with MB, and that makes me think that misery\focus aint bugged, but just MF itself.

Looking over last week's raids and the WWS reports this is what I'm showing for

10 man 2 drake kill ....MF 2.5% miss / MS 0.8% miss / MB 0% miss ( 202 hit )

25 man 2 drake kill ....MF 2.7% miss / MS 0.4% miss / MB 0% miss ( 283 hit )

Naxx 25 ....MF 1.4% miss / MS 1.9% miss / MB 0.8% miss ( 283 hit )

Malygos 25 ....MF 0.8% miss / MS -na- / MB 0% miss ( 283 hit )
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain