Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dispersion *sigh*

PvP ability my arse

No, I don't belive he was doing a 20000 melee swing on me, crit or not.

Re: Dispersion *sigh*

I'm pretty sure by the bagground this is not wintergrasp, but just to be sure, is it?

- And Dispersion rally sucks against paladin whenever I use it I get an Hammer of Justice in the head and is still stunned like 2 secs out of dispersion and got 10% health left. Imo dispersion should give you cc immunity.

not only that but it only ticked mana 5 times, says once a sec for 6 secs to me, thats 6 ticks

Quote Originally Posted by zazelamel
    not only that but it only ticked mana 5 times, says once a sec for 6 secs to me, thats 6 ticks
    It could have been removed by right clicking on it.

Last tick came after it "faded", and no it wasn't in Wintergrasp but in Azjol-Nerub (at the stone).

The paladin was under Avenging Wrath and had this talent :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53376

Quote Originally Posted by Nales
    The paladin was under Avenging Wrath and had this talent :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53376
    Ahh, cheers. Didden't knew about that.

Still unfair

I don't like paladins I can kill them 1v1 but when I do pvp like in wintergrasp I never get the chances really, either because they got tenacity which is so OP on them (bubble, flash of light flash of light boom full health) - Or because someone will always some and help the pala xD

Quote Originally Posted by Anthara
    So because someone has a talent that works around def move it's unfair?

mass dispel and pally bubble would like to have a word with you
    Avenging Wrath is instant and a mana cost not worth talking about !

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Avenging Wrath is instant and a mana cost not worth talking about !
    I<3 Spell Steal and get my own shiny wings
    I am too old to argue with trolls on the internet, but dammit I can't help myself some days

But no, really:

I DoT : Paladin cleanse (mana cost = lol, RAISE IT BLIZZARD)
    I Dispersion : Paladin pop wings and ignore it
    I Fear : Paladin bubbles (And remove eventual DoTs)
    I Mana Burn : He pops SoW and hits me once and restores 50% of his mana.

It's litterly impossible to beat a paladin 1on1 unless I got Silence and a PvP trinket equipped. While the paladin can be PvE spec fine.

I'd love some proper defense mechanics for World PvP. World of Meleecraft is getting on my nerves.

True, but when I finally get to kill one I've always used my dispersion and my shadowfiend to get mana, since I've been healing myself like a crazy.. It's possible to kill paladins, but it's damn hard as shadow priest, or just priest general..

But no, really:

It's litterly impossible to beat a paladin 1on1 unless I got Silence and a PvP trinket equipped. While the paladin can be PvE spec fine.

I'd love some proper defense mechanics for World PvP. World of Meleecraft is getting on my nerves.
    I agree that shadow is left behind right now, but ret is the least of our problems when it comes to melle.

Everything tears up SP, and I don't see that changing unless shadowform gets some sort of buff, maybe something additional in Imp Shadowform.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I think Death Knights and Paladins is the worst to meet. Rogues I won't even talk about because they just puss their IWIN button and watch me die. On the other classes I can atleast retalliate.. for a second.

Cleanse: 6% of base mana = 264 mana.
    Dispel: 14% of base mana = 540 mana.

Sure we can dispel hostile targets, but how interesting is that when we want to dispel Judgements, Debuffs and also Cure Diseases on ourselves later?

Death Knight is also a living nightmare. Removing their diseases will cost me 463 mana, and then additional 1161 mana to go back into shadowform. A grand total of 1624.

In PvE gear that's close to 12% of my entire mana pool. What's up with that?

Do Blizzard want us to PvP without shadowform or what? Because it sure as hell looks like it with constant forced to do self-healing , PoM or similiar.

I think Death Knights and Paladins is the worst to meet. Rogues I won't even talk about because they just puss their IWIN button and watch me die. On the other classes I can atleast retalliate.. for a second.

Cleanse: 6% of base mana = 264 mana.
    Dispel: 14% of base mana = 540 mana.

Sure we can dispel hostile targets, but how interesting is that when we want to dispel Judgements, Debuffs and also Cure Diseases on ourselves later?

Death Knight is also a living nightmare. Removing their diseases will cost me 463 mana, and then additional 1161 mana to go back into shadowform. A grand total of 1624.

In PvE gear that's close to 12% of my entire mana pool. What's up with that?

Do Blizzard want us to PvP without shadowform or what? Because it sure as hell looks like it with constant forced to do self-healing , PoM or similiar.
    Having a priest(shadow) and a paladin (mostly holy though) I'd say the mana cost of cleanse is fine, dispel perhaps too high (should be about 12%), fact is I cannot pvp with my SPriest without having people to play with, you need more support than a warrior, because your support has to include a healer and some CCer. It sucks right now, but I hope that shadow can get a new escape mechanic because we are easier to beat on than any other spec in the game, including every sort of lock(Used to be able to tank a warrior while gibbing a druid ffs).

Yeah, I just think it's unfair that Rogues, Death Knights, Paladins and often also Warriors and Hunters can just go whatever spec they like and totaly on their own.

Funny how melee classes got it so easy these days.... Casters, heh, they need to be resilience capped just to survive the initial stun.

When do Blizzard realise that fear is a useless defensive mechanics as pretty much everybody can remove it in the blink of an eye. And Dispersion is as proven in this thread, not really a good defensive mechanics.

Hymm of Hope require us to drop shadowform AGAIN. So QQ

Regarding paladins, I wish they would make cleanse some talent requiring 30 points in Holy. That would help alot.

But no, really:

Cleanse is owned by any sort of dispell resist mechanic. If he's retribution, Cleanse is also surprisingly expensive since he operates off Base Mana.
    Dispersion will still cut his damage done by a lot even if he's under the effect of Avenging Wrath. Hardly "ignore it".
    Paladin bubbles, you mass dispell.
    You mana burn twice, he's OOM. And hitting you once for 50% manapool with SoW is an -enormous- exaggeration.

Yeah, I just think it's unfair that Rogues, Death Knights, Paladins and often also Warriors and Hunters can just go whatever spec they like and totaly on their own.

Funny how melee classes got it so easy these days.... Casters, heh, they need to be resilience capped just to survive the initial stun.

When do Blizzard realise that fear is a useless defensive mechanics as pretty much everybody can remove it in the blink of an eye. And Dispersion is as proven in this thread, not really a good defensive mechanics.

Hymm of Hope require us to drop shadowform AGAIN. So QQ

Regarding paladins, I wish they would make cleanse some talent requiring 30 points in Holy. That would help alot.
    If they gave priests something like the old chastise, except usable in shadowform it would make it so it wasn't, "Lol trinket PS you're my bitch for 25 seconds."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling shadow and ret are both in for crappy arena season 5 performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Cleanse is owned by any sort of dispell resist mechanic. If he's retribution, Cleanse is also surprisingly expensive since he operates off Base Mana.
    Dispersion will still cut his damage done by a lot even if he's under the effect of Avenging Wrath. Hardly "ignore it".
    Paladin bubbles, you mass dispell.
    You mana burn twice, he's OOM. And hitting you once for 50% manapool with SoW is an -enormous- exaggeration.
    Mana Burn with a 2.5 second cost, never getting that off. Improved Shadowform only helps on shadow spells, so it's easy 3 second cast. And on 3 seconds he can cut me in half.

I won't ever , and I repeat, EVER, get a chance to Mana Burn a retri pala in solo combat.

Cleanse is still shit cheap since he barely uses his mana on anything else. And Dispel Resistance -- That is definitive a thing Blizzard need to work on.

Dispel Resistance is so retarded placed in the priest talent tree. Fix it as some base part of shadowform.

Also another note on Hymm of Hope -- Why the fuck have it shared cooldown with fear !?!?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling shadow and ret are both in for crappy arena season 5 performances.
    Retri Paladin, Death Knight and Disciplin Priest. Immortal insane burst drain dispelling team.

I often have to drop shadowform to survive in a 1v1 battle.. -.-