Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Dispersion *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You mean this one?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=22408.15

Where I'm saying Dispersion is a PvE skill and everybody else saying it's superb in PvP? Where the only thing I claimed was gear changes.

The problem is, the PvP gear is not available yet (except form the Wintergrasp Vault).

Don't you have a better job to do than posting useless stuff in a otherwise semi-constructive thread? Do you have to flame me because I post alot on this forum?

Was this you by any chance?

wasn't me.i have much better things to do.
    still you were on the "wait for 80" bandwagon.
    and no i don't hate you and i didn't flame you in any way...
    what's so constructive about this thread anyways ?
    it ended in 5 posts.

I found previous if I stayed in shadowform there was no way I could beat any class in world pvp. I don't run around in pvp gear on the off chance I'll actually need the resilience. I prefer to kill my targets before they get to me...

since I've started dropping out of shadowform and healing aswell as DPS'ing I've started beating a lot of people I wouldn't have before. frost mages I dispell like mad to remove the debuffs and keep renew, shield and pom up. eventually those dots kill them. get ready to MD the iceblock off or use the time to heal ;D

rogues and ret pala's are still OP. can't do anything if I'm stunned 100% of the time and even dispersion won't save me :

If you don't find it constructive and useful thread, shouldn't you be writing posts to somewhere else Nine? Well what am I to say..

Great screenie @Nezoia. : ))

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    I found previous if I stayed in shadowform there was no way I could beat any class in world pvp. I don't run around in pvp gear on the off chance I'll actually need the resilience. I prefer to kill my targets before they get to me...

since I've started dropping out of shadowform and healing aswell as DPS'ing I've started beating a lot of people I wouldn't have before. frost mages I dispell like mad to remove the debuffs and keep renew, shield and pom up. eventually those dots kill them. get ready to MD the iceblock off or use the time to heal ;D

rogues and ret pala's are still OP. can't do anything if I'm stunned 100% of the time and even dispersion won't save me :
    beats the whole purpose of being a Shadowpriest thou, no ?
    i mean u have 2 dots and you can heal while being disc and do a much better job at surviving.
    imo Shadowform needs a bit more dmg reduction to put us back in the game, our green bar drops way to fast these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    If you don't find it constructive and useful thread, shouldn't you be writing posts to somewhere else Nine? Well what am I to say..

Great screenie @Nezoia. : ))
    very constructive indeed.....

I agree, Dispersion is terrible in PvP. IMO they need to either remove the self silence, or make it 100% immunity like the pally bubble / ice block

On the other hand though it's absolutely amazing for PvE, I'm seeing over 1000 mana per tick now, and there are tons of situations where the damage reduction is useful. Grobbulus is one off the top of my head, annoying mutagen...

As ridiculous as it may seem, dispersion having a Feign Death target drop mechanic would probably make it less of a joke in pvp.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dispel mana cost is fine, it's just because Spriest's don't talent to reduce it. But I agree we're poor in PvP atm: rogues, warriors, pala's, DKs...they all rape the shit out of us. The other day as I was questing, a warrior dropped on me, one hit, Sudden Death proc, BAM 12.4k hit vs. 400 res. At the time I had 12.8 health.

Explain how this is survivable?

That shitty holy hym thing we have should be instant imo, although it's just another emergency button we spam whilst in the middle of a stun combination. Even when we get out every melee class has 2-3 ways of ignoring, negating or cancelling our cc (fear......and.....fear....).

I stuck with shadow PvP throughout the entirety of TBC (and while leveling to 80 too).
    Occasionally I would spec Discipline .. maybe to prove to myself and others that I could perform better under the right conditions.

Just depressed me too damn much and filled me with rage every time I lost with my only actions being;
    1. PW:S

2. SW:P
    3. Vampiric Embrace
    4. Psychic Scream
    5. Vampiric Tou-INTERRUPTED
    6. *Drop shadowform* Prayer of Mending. Sometimes while trying to run, but usually that would just make me look like a cripple who fell out of his wheelchair, moving at 30% speed.
    7. Spam PW:S button and hope the debuff soon wears off.
    8. Die.

Click my signature and see where I ended up.
    Yeah, I need to change it.

An ability that would be interresting (spelling?) is something like:

Power Word: Shell
    x mana instant cast
    x sec cd
    The next hostile ability used upon the priest will be reflected upon the caster/user.

Or something like that.. could also be an upgrade to pw:s but seeing as that would be somewhere high in the disc three it would be off limits for shadowpriests..

This would help with all aspects of pvp depending on what you reflect, it would also indirectly give us additional cc, if you get lucky or get the timing right.

It wouldn't be all that easy to activate it at the right time since white hits and whatnot may come in between even if you know exactly when your enemy will use whatever ability you want to reflect (which would be even harder to pinpoint for instant abilities) and if it's spotted by the enemy it's easily wasted by say, a rogue using kick or anyone just waiting for a white hit or maybe even dispelling it (as it would be a magic ability, however wheter the spell would be dispelled or the dispell would be reflected.. I'm not sure), but the enemy would still one way or another atleast waste some time getting rid of it, which would in turn give you time. In a situation where you are being nuked it probably wouldn't even be noticed though all the attacks unless you're rather lucky and reflect some godlike crit :P .. anyways, my point being: though it would help (as is intended) it would not be overpowered nor gamebreaking.

Then again though I guess it would be too much like the "class defining" warrior ability: Spell Reflection ..but one can always hope

I won't ever , and I repeat, EVER, get a chance to Mana Burn a retri pala in solo combat.
    I actually did this like a week ago while leveling.. A retridin decided to corpsegank me (I think he was somewhere about number 20), and kept going for a while.
    Asking for help got me as far as "l2p".

So.. when I ressed for the 4th time or so, I spam-burned him in fears and tried to keep myself alive whenever it was on CD. (usually he would be feared out of range from mana burn >_< )
    I finally got to the point where we both had zero mana. I had 30 - 40% hp and he was obviously somewhere around 90%.
    He had just been toying with me.

Stared at the shadowfiend icon on my hotbar and thought to myself that I finally had the upper hand. I think I might have laughed a bit when I pushed the hotkey for it, whispering the words of his demise.

He bubbles, turning my shadowfiend into a grossly over-sized vanity pet with a huge cooldown.
    The second move was a /rofl, which hit me right in the face, followed up by a smack with his two-hander to put me down.

I think my last words were "I don't have enough mana for that" while desperately trying to Mass Dispel.. which would've gotten resisted anyway ..

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    I actually did this like a week ago while leveling.. A retridin decided to corpsegank me (I think he was somewhere about number 20), and kept going for a while.
    Asking for help got me as far as "l2p".

So.. when I ressed for the 4th time or so, I spam-burned him in fears and tried to keep myself alive whenever it was on CD. (usually he would be feared out of range from mana burn >_< )
    I finally got to the point where we both had zero mana. I had 30 - 40% hp and he was obviously somewhere around 90%.
    He had just been toying with me.

Stared at the shadowfiend icon on my hotbar and thought to myself that I finally had the upper hand. I think I might have laughed a bit when I pushed the hotkey for it, whispering the words of his demise.

He bubbles, turning my shadowfiend into a grossly over-sized vanity pet with a huge cooldown.
    The second move was a /rofl, which hit me right in the face, followed up by a smack with his two-hander to put me down.

I think my last words were "I don't have enough mana for that" while desperately trying to Mass Dispel.. which would've gotten resisted anyway ..
    Yea, ret is really good in 1v1 now.

Shadow is just really bad in all pvp though so its no surprise.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    That shitty holy hym thing we have should be instant imo, although it's just another emergency button we spam whilst in the middle of a stun combination. Even when we get out every melee class has 2-3 ways of ignoring, negating or cancelling our cc (fear......and.....fear....).

Yeah, the absolute biggest bullshit about the ability is that it shares a cooldown with psychic scream. I mean WTF? Why would I ever want to sleep+painsuppression my opponents when I can just fear them? I thought it would be nice to fear, and when they come back, sleep them. But that is not possible.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Yeah, the absolute biggest bullshit about the ability is that it shares a cooldown with psychic scream. I mean WTF? Why would I ever want to sleep+painsuppression my opponents when I can just fear them? I thought it would be nice to fear, and when they come back, sleep them. But that is not possible.
    Because everybody and their next of kin can dispel fear in the blink of an eye.

But what I would see as a fix:

- Make Divine Hymn useable in Shadowform.
    - Remove the Less-Damage debuff from Divine Hymn.
    - Make Dispersion usefull against Paladins with Avenging Wrath (and other similar abilities)
    - Reintroduced the orginal Horror debuff from the beta on Physic Scream - or make fear have different CD than Divine Hymm.

And now we talk Hymns... make Hymn of Hope instant and work like the old days when Draenei used them. And make it useable in Shadowform!

Because everybody and their next of kin can dispel fear in the blink of an eye.

- Make Dispersion usefull against Paladins with Avenging Wrath (and other similar abilities)
    - Reintroduced the orginal Horror debuff from the beta on Physic Scream - or make fear have different CD than Divine Hymm.

And now we talk Hymns... make Hymn of Hope instant and work like the old days when Draenei used them. And make it useable in Shadowform!
    All the old racials except Divine prayer need to be usable in shadowform. They fixed fear ward, why didn't they have the insight to fix everything else

15+ Year Old Account

Because blizzard has some fancy idea that all our abilities are overpowered unless they have some insane drawback;
    Charges on inner fire
    weakened soul on pw:s
    pain sup. on divine hymn for enemies and insanely weak healing
    channeled hymn of hope
    damage back on sw:d
    fade only temporary reduced threat
    levitate removed on damage
    cd on psychic scream (semi easy broken)
    mind sear doesn't do damage to primary target, and possibly my favorite - Aggro from mobs if mind soothe is resisted.

Not saying that some of them isn't fair to have drawbacks like pw:s, but alot doesn't make sense.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Because blizzard has some fancy idea that all our abilities are overpowered unless they have some insane drawback;
    Charges on inner fire
    weakened soul on pw:s
    pain sup. on divine hymn for enemies and insanely weak healing
    channeled hymn of hope
    damage back on sw:d
    fade only temporary reduced threat
    levitate removed on damage
    cd on psychic scream (semi easy broken)
    mind sear doesn't do damage to primary target, and possibly my favorite - Aggro from mobs if mind soothe is resisted.

Not saying that some of them isn't fair to have drawbacks like pw:s, but alot doesn't make sense.
    Well Weakened soul makes sense to me, and a cooldown on Scream is needed, but it needs to be made much shorter by the imp talent, and the horror effect should be added straight into the im PS talent as well.

actually...i'm not even sure I really understand weakened soul--at least not the length of it. I suppose they're worried that PWS would become spammable? but, really...who would spam PWS? I could see the benefit of using it more than once in melee fights. But, really...you can't afford to do it too often. It's too mana intensive. And considering it's effect is similar to PoM (a heal you cast for impending damage), I should think its cooldown should be about the same. 6-10s seems reasonable to me.

To simple things a bit..

make dispersion 100% ( so that in those 6 fucking sec - INCREASE THAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - ) the priest will be immune to EVERYTHING. Or increase the effect of renew ( since thats the only instant heal we have )

Seriously we are shadow, we cant fucking heal the way a disc priest can, or last during a fight. Blizzard blind me guess...

Dont know about u but i've had it with stupid retritards and moron rogues doing their thing and we are unable to act! Now, dont start with l2p etc, am doing JUST fine against them thank god.. Am talking about shadow priest mechanisms in general!
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

Nezoia, your complaint is countered in its entirety with a single sentence:

"You are in a wrong spec to play defensively".

If you want to dispel, shield and survive forever, you are PvP disc. No way around that. Even a DK takes a while to burn properly geared disc priest down, and disc priest with res eats even a good rogue for breakfast, or used to till resilience became the joke it is in 3.x.x

Shadow was always based around the consept of "hard nuker when not focused". That's why the main comp for shadow was always rogue+SP in 2s, where rogue would lock down the main nuke target, healer/support would eat silence fear and blind and shadow priest would make main nuke target literally explode even with maxed out resilience. This was BEFORE the resilience became a joke in 3.x.x.

We saw it in S3 and S4. The main skill part of the execution was to make sure SP was free to nuke. If he was, you could be a 500+ res warlock, soul linked with old soul link and fully hotted, and you would still die (of course, smart ones just locked down the lock and blew up the druid instead - killing druids in seconds after encounter start was that comp's speciality).

Getting one decent self survival skill doesn't make you a master of survival. Starting to pretend you're disc when you're shadow will kill you every time.

One last point I wanted to make that didn't make it into the original post: You are asking for more survivability. Before this moment, and always before, ALL of your survivability skills were shared with discipline. Dispersion was blizzard's answer to extreme squishiness of shadow priest, that made them so much of a "make it or break it in 10 seconds" class in arena.

As a result, skills that pass your shielding skills were originally designed to counter the half-immortal monstrosity (in good hands) that is discipline priest. Asking to nerf those skills because you play the "wrong" spec in the first place is quite a bit unfair - especially to disc priests who'll have to eat appropriate nerfs to balance it out again.

I once again want to re-iterate my main point. You are NOT discipline - you are shadow. You speciality is to let someone else handle the lockdown while you deliver massive amounts of damage in record time. Your weakness is your susceptibility to being nuked down before your target dies and interrupts to several of your nuke skills.
    Survivability never was, and never will be one of your fortes - if it were ever to become your forte, your burst damage would have to take a MASSIVE hit to compensate. And I'm pretty sure that's not your desire either.

Finally, you have a very good comparison point for your survivability - warlocks. They are even more reliant on dots then you, they have much less of a nuke, albeit more pressure, and finally they have LESS survivability then you. If there is a class that is absolutely desperate for buffs right now, it's them.

P.S. I do not defend rogues, ret paladins or mages here. They are completely out of whack balance wise as the game is right now. To put it simply, they are broken, or all other classes are broken in comparison to them. DKs I'm not so sure as I've never seen them vs opponents with proper resilience.