Raiding spec and tips

I'm 79 and planning on raiding. Give me some advice/suggestions on these topics.

1. Veiled Shadows: says on MMO that it reduces cooldown on Shadowfiend by 2 minutes. Good for mana conservation?
    2. Vampiric Embrac: Worth it? I could put those 2 pts in mana conservation in the disc tree.
    3. Imp Shadowform: How much do yall get hit in raids? is it worth the two pts (I'm a human and don't need the fade buff since I have Every Man for Himself)
    4. What are the ratings for various stats. I'm hit capped and would like to know how spirit, int, crit, hit, and damage all compare when I'm choosing gear.

Any help could be appreciate. Thx =]

Re: Raiding spec and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Slavick
    1. Veiled Shadows: says on MMO that it reduces cooldown on Shadowfiend by 2 minutes. Good for mana conservation?
    Yes, very! A must have since you'll go OOM alot untill you get new gear in every slot.

2. Vampiric Embrac: Worth it? I could put those 2 pts in mana conservation in the disc tree.
    Depends on your raid setup, we use it to help healing in the groups. I think it's awesome, and it allows you to SW if you like and heal yourself out without putting a strain on the healers.

3. Imp Shadowform: How much do yall get hit in raids? is it worth the two pts
    Yes, it's very usefull. There's alot of pushback on Four Horsemen for instance, and also other bosses. I wouldn't live without it. Most against it is the people who never tried a instance with pushback before (ie. Sunwell)

4. What are the ratings for various stats. I'm hit capped and would like to know how spirit, int, crit, hit, and damage all compare when I'm choosing gear.
    From simulation craft at shadowpriest.com gear list

* 1 spellpower = 1 PP
    * 1 crit rating = 0.61 PP
    * 1 haste = 0.56 PP
    * 1 spirit = 0.21 PP
    * 1 int = 0.19 PP
    * 1 hit = 1.12 PP (when not hit-capped)
    * spellpower + crit*0.61 + int*0.19 + spirit*0.21 + haste*0.56 + hit*1.12 + sockets + meta [CSD] = total PP

----------

A personal note: I wouldn't judge hit to important untill next patch. Something is clearly not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavick
    3. Imp Shadowform: How much do yall get hit in raids? is it worth the two pts (I'm a human and don't need the fade buff since I have Every Man for Himself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yes, it's very usefull. There's alot of pushback on Four Horsemen for instance, and also other bosses. I wouldn't live without it. Most against it is the people who never tried a instance with pushback before (ie. Sunwell)
    Any Holy Paladin on the other hand is going to be giving you a 55% reduction, and given the changes to the pushback mechanics, I don't see much reasoning for more than that, as I'm still lead to believe they don't stack (15% for two talent points? Eesh.)
    If on the other hand that was just a bug and they've worked it out again, it's up to your personal preference. I'd leave it out though.

I'm probably going to hover somewhere close to this all things considered. Oh and insert a Glyph of Shadows on there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Shadow Affinity is currently not needed. You can take it when you finally overaggro on Patchwerk, but untill then, waste of points.

Also the Paladin Aura is not nessary in range when you're killing Thane Kor'Thazz.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Shadow Affinity is currently not needed. You can take it when you finally overaggro on Patchwerk, but untill then, waste of points.

Also the Paladin Aura is not nessary in range when you're killing Thane Kor'Thazz.
    Indeed. And I would never want to rely on the Paladin aura to get my casts through. If I didn't have the talent yesterday at maexxna (10 man yeah yeah I'm a noob, so what) I don't think I could have bombed the annoying little spiders seeing as our only paladin was the tank which a) had another aura on and b) wasn't even in range anyway.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

This is pretty much the cookie cutter Spriest spec (glyphs are a personal choice, but this is what I run with)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=191811030506

why glyph of SWD? glyph of shadow ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42407 ) increases spell power by 10% of your spirit for 10 secs when you crit. procs off EVERYTHING even timbals lol.

Because it wasnt on there =P