pve gear or pvp gear to start s5

I was wondering what would be the best idea (for a ret paladin, aka me, but you can discuss any class):

-start the s5 with epic gear (crafted shit, heroic mode shit, naxxramas goodies -not shit-)

this solution give me lots of stats, and I can try to get the most stamina I can (ie. crafted epic 2h mace has a good amount of sta on it)

OR

-start the s5 with blue pvp gear (savage gear)

this solution is mostly downgrade from my lvl70 epic to be honest (pve gear) but I can truckload of resilience

Re: pve gear or pvp gear to start s5

Try go get some pvp gear from archavon?

u need small amounts of arena points to get savage anyway

Depends on what comp you're playing. As a Ret Paladin, you probably want a decent amount of PvE gear, I'd think, for the beginning of the season, especially if you're playing double DPS. If you're playing healer/DPS, then things change. I suspect double DPS teams and teams wearing a significant amount of PvE raid gear will do better when Season 5 starts. As healers and other players start to get good PvP gear in a month or so, then it will be come less efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshment
    Try go get some pvp gear from archavon?
    Yup, get your S5 gear from him, so if you want a jump on the arena, try to raid him on both 10/25 and hope you get lucky :P

Im going for PVE, and got my chest piece off him the first time.

I am already 2/5 S5 from Archavon <3

So I'll be starting S5 as 3/5 T7 and 2/5 S5

Getting this PvE shit shoved down my throat cuz I want to PvP is really pissing me off.

Who's forcing you to PvE for PvP gear? No one. If you don't wish to PvE just wait for the gear to be released on the 16th.

Which will give PvE'ers two more weeks to gear up in epic s5 gear (which by the way will require rating when the season actually starts) so that when I just get started in arena I'm already outgeared. Letting instance bosses drop arena gear, and arena gear be purchasable by emblems gotten from heroics and raids is sending a crystal clear message: go PvE more. And I don't like to be told what to do when I'm playing a game.