Thread: Holy Form

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Holy Form

    Priests should get Holy Form instead of Lightwell. How cool would that be? Instead of dark see-through shadowly look with Shadowform, Holy Form would give us an aura of light, which makes us glow.

    Holy Form
    32% of base mana
    Instant cast
    1.5 sec cooldown

    Assume a Holy Form, increasing your healing spells by 15%. Increases Physical damage done to you by 15% but reduces threat generated by your healing spells by 30%. However, you may not cast Shadow spells while in this form. Stamina is reduced by 50%, but Spirit is increased by 50%. Removing Holy Form gives you a Burned Soul debuff for 15 seconds. During this time, Physical damage done to you is increased by 30%. Burned Soul is undispellable, but will be removed when Holy Form is reapplied.


    Overpowered in PvE? Maybe. But we need something to replace Lightwell. This will give us an immense boost in healing, which we perhaps don't need, because in PvE, Priests are doing fine, *cough* except for the mana issues *cough*. This skill would be crappy in PvP, though, because of the stamina reduction and the increase in damage taken. So overpowered in PvP? Nah, because if people want to remove it, it would be a bad move. The Burned Soul effect (much like Weakened Soul) will prevent people from removing Holy Form in PvP, to bypass the stamina reduction and the increase of Physical damage done to the Priest.

    Shadow has got a form. Why doesn't Holy? Give the Priest some love. We will love little boys in return. Hell, even Druids have a form to increase healing. ^^
    This user has been permanently banned for trolling due to the following post:
    "Well, apparently Blizzard had enough of their forums being flooded with Mage tears, so they made them OP. Too bad they forgot all about the Priests."

  2. #2

    Re: Holy Form

    1. Spec 21 holy
    2. Die.
    3. ???
    4. Holy form.

  3. #3

    Re: Holy Form

    i c wut u did thar
    This user has been permanently banned for trolling due to the following post:
    "Well, apparently Blizzard had enough of their forums being flooded with Mage tears, so they made them OP. Too bad they forgot all about the Priests."

  4. #4

    Re: Holy Form

    i wonder when people will stop thinking about fixing "flaws" (read as: "omigosh this talent is soooooo useless for meeeee...") in a tree with a xyz-form. just because priests have a form-talent which works for the shadowtree doesn't mean a counterpart would be good for one of the others. problems cannot be solved by hiding underneath a pretty gloweffect.

    if blizz would've listened to all the people in the past years who thought of several forms, every class would have probably an own form for each tree.

  5. #5

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by Jethedo
    Priests should get Holy Form instead of Lightwell. How cool would that be? Instead of dark see-through shadowly look with Shadowform, Holy Form would give us an aura of light, which makes us glow.

    Holy Form
    32% of base mana
    Instant cast
    1.5 sec cooldown

    Assume a Holy Form, increasing your healing spells by 15%. Increases Physical damage done to you by 15% but reduces threat generated by your healing spells by 30%. However, you may not cast Shadow spells while in this form. Stamina is reduced by 50%, but Spirit is increased by 50%. Removing Holy Form gives you a Burned Soul debuff for 15 seconds. During this time, Physical damage done to you is increased by 30%. Burned Soul is undispellable, but will be removed when Holy Form is reapplied.


    Overpowered in PvE? Maybe. But we need something to replace Lightwell. This will give us an immense boost in healing, which we perhaps don't need, because in PvE, Priests are doing fine, *cough* except for the mana issues *cough*. This skill would be crappy in PvP, though, because of the stamina reduction and the increase in damage taken. So overpowered in PvP? Nah, because if people want to remove it, it would be a bad move. The Burned Soul effect (much like Weakened Soul) will prevent people from removing Holy Form in PvP, to bypass the stamina reduction and the increase of Physical damage done to the Priest.

    Shadow has got a form. Why doesn't Holy? Give the Priest some love. We will love little boys in return. Hell, even Druids have a form to increase healing. ^^
    1. holy form: ROFL NO
    2. your suggestion sucks for pve and pvp. 50% less stamina? 15% more physical damage? if you want to offer a talent at least make it good one: holy forum: glow effect, increasing healing by 15% increasing your mana regen by 30%. why do you want to take down stamina? if its a talent don't make it look likea glyph that "changes" around things. give it 2-3 things in order for the suggestion to be good. or else it just looks like: wtf is he okey? do u even understand what it means to play with half the HP you have? in a raid or in a party?
    3. i would rather not see lightwell rplaced but would like to see lightwell being changed abit more, perhaps removing the clicking part and changing it to get applied in a differnet way, maybe a circle on the floor you get the HoT when you stand on, this can be extremely nice opening close to melee and in melee range allowing them to move in and out of the light.
    4. ROFL NO.

  6. #6

    Re: Holy Form

    Holy form has been suggested so many times that it's boring. Simply said - no, no holy form.

  7. #7

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    1. holy form: ROFL NO
    2. your suggestion sucks for pve and pvp. 50% less stamina? 15% more physical damage? if you want to offer a talent at least make it good one: holy forum: glow effect, increasing healing by 15% increasing your mana regen by 30%. why do you want to take down stamina? if its a talent don't make it look likea glyph that "changes" around things. give it 2-3 things in order for the suggestion to be good. or else it just looks like: wtf is he okey? do u even understand what it means to play with half the HP you have? in a raid or in a party?
    3. i would rather not see lightwell rplaced but would like to see lightwell being changed abit more, perhaps removing the clicking part and changing it to get applied in a differnet way, maybe a circle on the floor you get the HoT when you stand on, this can be extremely nice opening close to melee and in melee range allowing them to move in and out of the light.
    4. ROFL NO.
    God in heaven, I have absolutely no idea what you just said. Yea his suggestion was retarded, but atleast I was able to read and understand it...

  8. #8

    Re: Holy Form

    Wow buddy you'd fit right in on the wow priest forums.

    Used to be nearly 10 threads a day on friggin holy form.

  9. #9

    Re: Holy Form

    People take stuff too seriously. I know Holy Form has been suggested a lot on the official forums, but couldn't find any threads about it here on MMO-Champion. I know it's not going to be implented. Just wanted your view on it.

    For the person not understanding the reason behind the stamina reduction, you're dumb. Do you need health in a party or raid? As a healer, you're supposed to stay unharmed. If a tank fails and you're being attacked, you're dead anyway. With the large increase of healing and spirit, there should be a penalty. This talent would make Holy a PvE tree only, because it's useless in PvP.

    Yea his suggestion was retarded

    Giving the priest some love is retarded? Lightwell isn't retarded? Talk to the devs that made Priest the way it is now. There's a reason many people complain. It's not a l2p issue.
    This user has been permanently banned for trolling due to the following post:
    "Well, apparently Blizzard had enough of their forums being flooded with Mage tears, so they made them OP. Too bad they forgot all about the Priests."

  10. #10

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by Jethedo
    People take stuff too seriously. I know Holy Form has been suggested a lot on the official forums, but couldn't find any threads about it here on MMO-Champion. I know it's not going to be implented. Just wanted your view on it.

    For the person not understanding the reason behind the stamina reduction, you're dumb. Do you need health in a party or raid? As a healer, you're supposed to stay unharmed. If a tank fails and you're being attacked, you're dead anyway. With the large increase of healing and spirit, there should be a penalty. This talent would make Holy a PvE tree only, because it's useless in PvP.

    Yea his suggestion was retarded

    Giving the priest some love is retarded? Lightwell isn't retarded? Talk to the devs that made Priest the way it is now. There's a reason many people complain. It's not a l2p issue.
    you don't understand the idea of stamina? i have atm 19kHP on priest and 22k on druid, how will i survive a arcane barrage on malygos? or have you not raided to know that the raid dmg was increased? you won't survive the raid damage simply for lack of HP. if you didn't know that then sorry to attack you, but you have on your gear the amount of stamina you need as a raider, having it cut in half will basically mean you won't be able to join encounters with raid damage, and we've seen already plenty of "gear check" encounters (even i remember struggling to get enough HP for najentus when just arrived there).

    to the poster "Rofflrcakes" if you don't know english or can't read properly posts, i'm glad to see your not chy enough to say it. Yet if you can't read a proper sentence its too bad. i think what i wrote was very clear, for you i even re-read it and it sound sence full: for one i explained that when you offer a suggestion you don't gimp yourself and i showed how to offer a suggestion. i feel for you that you can't read in english and understand others. yet don't care much about it. did i post this thread? no i simpley rofled at it, why? as i said: many holy form suggestions that seemed cool and nice, this one felt idiotic and something that i won't even consider using in theory. so i rofled on it also. and the second part was saying: i agree that lightwell is still not perfect. i myself don't use it atm, but on the alpha and beta testing i did use it, though not for nax and eye of eternity. i'm sorry to see you need the help of gods to read english, a simple teeacher can help you with that. and if you were being sarcastic, no one cares about your dissabilities of reading.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Snes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Holy Form

    I think lightwell should just pulse a holy nova every 5 seconds or so, but with 100% healing and no damage, with a radius of like 15 yards so people can just run to it for a quick heal instead of clicking, since so many people in the raid waste it's charges cause they don't know how to use it.

  12. #12

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldin
    Gotta love it when a picture can explain so much without saying a word :P

  13. #13

    Re: Holy Form

    Yawn

  14. #14

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by Jethedo
    For the person not understanding the reason behind the stamina reduction, you're dumb. Do you need health in a party or raid? As a healer, you're supposed to stay unharmed. If a tank fails and you're being attacked, you're dead anyway. With the large increase of healing and spirit, there should be a penalty. This talent would make Holy a PvE tree only, because it's useless in PvP.
    No, you're the dumb one. When you'll move out Scarlet Monastery, you'll see that bosses start to use more than auto-attack and a random strike every 10 seconds.

  15. #15

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by Flrynn
    No, you're the dumb one. When you'll move out Scarlet Monastery, you'll see that bosses start to use more than auto-attack and a random strike every 10 seconds.
    Hahahahahaha. Scarlet Monastery. Hahahaha. Lame attempt to be funny.
    This user has been permanently banned for trolling due to the following post:
    "Well, apparently Blizzard had enough of their forums being flooded with Mage tears, so they made them OP. Too bad they forgot all about the Priests."

  16. #16

    Re: Holy Form

    He's got a solid point though^^ bosses like najentus etc will be in wotlk as well, they will do massive raiddmg and almost 1shot people who have all their stamina

    I get your point though, the 50% is merely an example and in *reality* will be an hp decreases but not that high, and obviously if you had a spell like this, it would not mean you have to be in holy form always, so it would be for situational usage.

    I like the idea of new spells, and always open to them, but imo they have to be a bit more realistic and not purely copied from another tree/class

  17. #17

    Re: Holy Form

    To the OP:

    Holy form has been suggested so many times it's not even funny. Everyone has their own idea what holy form should sustain, but the following things seem to repeat.

    - Not being able to cast shadow spells
    - More vulnerable to damage/magic
    - Less vulnerable to damage/magic
    - Stronger heals
    - Cheaper heals
    - More manaregen

    There are a ton of issues with this that idea that simply do not work.

    1: Priests will suck without shadow spells.
    Proper use of fade makes all the difference in the world. I don't want to live without it.
    Your shadowfiend goes down the drain too. That's an insane amount of manaregen lost.
    If you ever want to live without shadowspells, you are doing it wrong.
    Priests is about using all our abilities at the proper times. We're not about not using them.

    2: More vulnerable to damage/magic sucks
    Priests are already the most squishy class in the game and our armor buff is crappy. Making us more squishy is not an option.

    3: Less vulnerable to damage/magic
    Yes yes, priests are the most squishy class in the game. So you want to mitigate that. But if all holypriests are in holyform, and all shadowpriests are in shadowform, what is discipline supposed to do? Be the squishy version of the priest? Not gonna work. Besides, that would ruin our gimmick of being squishy. Next up you'll see calls for plate locks.

    Oh wait. Deathknights. Bad example

    4: Stronger heals
    Do you really need stronger heals?
    I find that my heals are always strong enough.
    The only thing that limit me is mana. With excellent gear, I am a healing god.
    With poor gear, I need to prioritize, save mana and avoid waste. But I've never though that I wish my GHeal healed for 1k more. It's just strong enough already. Back when I could downrank, I did. Because I never needed the biggest version.

    5: Cheaper heals and more manaregen
    Priests are already healing powerhouses. The only thing that limit us is our manapool. By removing the mana issues for priests, we turn into healing gods. Sure, that would be fun, but why would you need other healers then? Druids have the mana, paladins have the survivability and longevity, priests have the output and power and shammies have the utility. There is a sort of balance. By putting priests at the top in the mana department, druids will always just be priests with less output and a combatress, shammies will be priests with less output and no instant heals, paladins will be priests without aoe heals and priests will get all the spots.

    The mana is everything that keeps us in check. Remove that limiter and nothing can stop us.

    6: Blizzard already implemented holy form. It's called Tree of Life. And druids hate it since it restricts them severely. But everything is balanced around them keeping that form. So they have to. Took them 2 years to gain the ability to cast abolish poison in treeform. Poor bastards. Why do you want to put priests through the same hell?

    Once priests have 50% more manaregen in holy form, our heals need to cost 50% more to counter it. Suddenly, we have gained nothing, but lost the ability to cast shadow spells or whatever the penalty is. Holy form sucks.

    7: Priests already have holy form. It's called spirit of redemption. And it sucks. Blizzard had to sweeten the deal by adding 5% spirit. Which rocks.

    8: We don't need no stinkin' holyform. But I see that you want to replace our abilities. That is a good idea.

    I'm all for replacing Lightwell. You can take my improved death. Blizzard will take my Circle of Healing before long, replacing it with a 6 second cooldown talent which ruins the entire holy tree. They finally replaced the craptastic holy nova, a move which I applaud but Desperate Prayer isn't that great. It's useful and has saved my butt a few times, but not something I totally would miss if I forgot to spec for it someday. And Guardian spirit is very good, but utterly useless unless you have jedi reflexes. In short, the Holy tree abilities aren't that fantastic.

    But there are few good ideas for heals that priests do not already have. Feel free to come up with ideas. Holy Form is not a good idea. As long as you have it, priests will be balanced around it. And that means we will get an overall nerf.

    9: Instead, give me fun stuff. I would really like to see holy focus more on hymns, for instace. More hymns, each party-wide effects that are actually useful. Hymn of Hopelessness is not. Divine Hymn isn't really either. But the hymn idea is great. Make us healing bards if you have to. focus on what make hymns unique, hymns are triggered short-term auras.

    Make that lightwell autoheal, like moonwells in WC3. At least make it not disappear when I die.

    Give me a suicide ability to trigger Improved Death at will. Make improved death work with Guardian Spirit if you really want to make priests overpowered.

    I want that confetti explosion.

    10: Heck, while you are at it, there are tons of stuff that is more important than a stinkin' holyform. Give all healers a complete overhaul. CoH is overpowered right now, the glyph just pushes it into being ridiculously overpowered. Nerfing CoH means shammies will be too required. Nerfing raidwide damage to counter that means paladins will be too good. Nerfing paladins to counter that means you just made all healers sad and you're back to square one. Healers need a balance. Either all healers need to be able to heal everything, albeit differently. Or all healers need a niche. Currently, all healers do, except priests. We're the masters of instant heals, but that's not really ... useful.


    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  18. #18

    Re: Holy Form

    Why not just "reduces the priests health down to 1 hit point" for all the good it would do us. Part of being a good healer is being able to survive. This would compromise our survival.

  19. #19

    Re: Holy Form

    Just had a strange idea. I don't play a priest myself. But why not experiment with inner fire? It has something like 32 "stacks".

    Soothing fire - Instant cast - Casts an instant heal at your target, consuming your inner fire, healing 100-120 per charge. Leaves a burned soul debuff making you not being able to cast inner fire for 2 minutes.

    Could be interesting sacrificing the +SP inner fire for an instant strong heal. (I don't anything about the numbers tho). This would of course be a deep holy talent. This would be a kick-ass last resort spell for holy in both PvE and PvP, kind of NS type of spell.


    Well, I dont know if this idea has come up before. But I think it could be interesting.

    I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

  20. #20

    Re: Holy Form

    Quote Originally Posted by Jethedo
    For the person not understanding the reason behind the stamina reduction, you're dumb. Do you need health in a party or raid? As a healer, you're supposed to stay unharmed. If a tank fails and you're being attacked, you're dead anyway. With the large increase of healing and spirit, there should be a penalty. This talent would make Holy a PvE tree only, because it's useless in PvP.
    . . .

    have you ever raided?

    Heard of AE Damage that bosses do? Aura's?

    No.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •